• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Rebels v Reds, Round 3 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

oztimmay

Geoff Shaw (53)
Staff member
Ok, time to put the Bulls match behind us and focus our energy on the Reds.

The are 0 from 2 and in a world of pain.

We've travelled a lot in the last few weeks. There are a number of injury concerns. We need an uplift in our basic skills and handling.

But, this is our FIRST HOME GAME FOR THE YEAR! Time to get on down to AAMI and cheer the Rebels. There will be some hard truths at training this week, but I recon we're up for a win this weekend.

Who's with me?

Highlander35

Andrew Slack (58)
100 point thrashing!

In all seriousness hopefully Hodgey is fit. Matsushima is very obviously talented, but new to the squad, and I think Jonah will be better from the bench at this stage of his career. Really wish we had another backrower fit, Jordy is too good to bench for either Timani or Jones, but we might have to for the sake of team balance.

KevinO

John Hipwell (52)
Timani should be lucky to remain in the 23 after the first two rounds.

This is a must win match for us, we always knew Bulls away would be tough but we should be winning this one.

Tex

Greg Davis (50)
I'm away from Melbourne and am actually not upset about it.

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

Hawko

Tony Shaw (54)
The only reasonable cause for the Rebels to lose next week is they don't cope with the travel. They do have to deal with Timani's lack of form, but I thought Jeffries was good and dropping Jones back to 6 and promoting Jeffries would allow Timani to go back to the bench as a lock to rediscover his form. Or start Jordy Reid, who I thought showed real intent when he got on.

They made mistakes in the first thirty minutes that cruelled their self-belief and caused their heads to drop. Its a learning experience that they need to absorb and grow from. But they are a better team than they showed against the Bulls, and indeed for some periods they looked the better team. And then someone brain-farted and it all went to custard.

Ballboy

Chris McKivat (8)
What a bunch of dunderheads , i decided not to renew my platinum membership this year but changed my mind when England tickets were available . Rebels will play another year of letting supporters down by getting flogged by teams weaker than them , Reds will surprise us and again it will be a 'spirtied ' performance for a loss, stuff spirited i want wins

liquor box

Greg Davis (50)
The only reasonable cause for the Rebels to lose next week is they don't cope with the travel. They do have to deal with Timani's lack of form, but I thought Jeffries was good and dropping Jones back to 6 and promoting Jeffries would allow Timani to go back to the bench as a lock to rediscover his form. Or start Jordy Reid, who I thought showed real intent when he got on.

They made mistakes in the first thirty minutes that cruelled their self-belief and caused their heads to drop. Its a learning experience that they need to absorb and grow from. But they are a better team than they showed against the Bulls, and indeed for some periods they looked the better team. And then someone brain-farted and it all went to custard.
Travel will only stop them winning if the entire team, reserves, U20's and supporters wiling to step u were left in South Africa.

The Reds only hope of a win is if RG is fired and the tam like the interim coach so we get the "win after the coach is sacked" effect that seems to occur.

As long as the Rebels can get 12 points I do not see the Reds winning.

KevinO

John Hipwell (52)
Travel will only stop them winning if the entire team, reserves, U20's and supporters wiling to step u were left in South Africa.

The Reds only hope of a win is if RG is fired and the tam like the interim coach so we get the "win after the coach is sacked" effect that seems to occur.

I think we could get 12 points if Harris or hodge was kicking. JD on the other hand I'm not to sure. Think he left 12 on the park in SA if that helps your confidence.

KevinO

John Hipwell (52)
Really wishing we had not lost both Pyle and Neville over the last couple of year now. That second lock spot is a pain.

Hawko

Tony Shaw (54)
Really wishing we had not lost both Pyle and Neville over the last couple of year now. That second lock spot is a pain.

In my opinion its only a pain because Timani's form is so poor. Jeffries looked worthy of a start in his time on as a replacement. I think you need to look elsewhere for the reasons for that loss.

KevinO

John Hipwell (52)
I don't blame that on the loss at all, I am more referring to the fact we had produced two decent locks that have now left to play else where when both were at one time considered future Wallabies with big careers ahead of them. Pyle will end up playing for France in a years time.

dru

Tim Horan (67)
It will be i teresting to see any change, good or bad, from the Reds. Tough times for the players.

Mr Wobbly

Alan Cameron (40)

Seems you got your wish.

Scoey

Tony Shaw (54)
Righto lads, time to put the unpleasantness of the last few seasons behind us and do this for each other. Anything else is just noise. Do it for the other 22 guys who will be pulling on the jersey with you. That's it.

Work hard, make your tackles, get in a position to support. Keep it simple and do the basics right. Meat on the plate first, then potatoes. Only then do you pour on the gravy.

Go you Reds!!!

Scrubber2050

Mark Ella (57)
Righto lads, time to put the unpleasantness of the last few seasons behind us and do this for each other. Anything else is just noise. Do it for the other 22 guys who will be pulling on the jersey with you. That's it.

Work hard, make your tackles, get in a position to support. Keep it simple and do the basics right. Meat on the plate first, then potatoes. Only then do you pour on the gravy.

Go you Reds!!!

Scoey for Head Coach !:)

Scoey

Tony Shaw (54)
Lol! You mustn't like me much Scrubber!

With Saia Fainga'a out it was mentioned in the Reds thread that Ready will start and Matt Mafi will likely come on to the bench. I'm really keen to see how he goes!

It was also suggested that with Ant Fainga'a coming back from injury it was likely/possible that he will come into the starting side. I'm not sure who he'd come in at the expense of. If it happened it would likely see Hunt move back to 15 and Goro back on the bench. I can't say I'd be happy with that.

I would love to see them try something new in the backs though. I'd definitely like to see Gale start and I'd maybe even like to see Greene start as well but a totally new rookie halves pairing is probably not wise nor likely. I'd also be keen to see someone else be given a shot on the wing over CFS. Junior maybe or Kuridrani if he's fit?

Tomikin

Simon Poidevin (60)
Rebels have gone Melbourne, Perth, Pretoria, Melbourne.. That's a big ask for any team, even if the Red's are Rubbish...

Status
Not open for further replies.