• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Rebels vs Brumbies RD2 SR2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

kronic

John Solomon (38)
Can probably expect a bigger crowd with Pocock coming to town.

Not at all comfortable by any stretch of the imagination.

James Buchanan

Trevor Allan (34)

I imagine there will be more people willing to make the trip, also.

It will be a proper test of the Rebels, to see if they have learned any lessons from this week.

swingpass

Peter Sullivan (51)
a bigger crowd, one would hope so. not quite 12K was disappointing. less than last years opener and not as animated. i would think that the club might be worried about that. does anyone know how many members at the rebels so far this year ?

nathan

Darby Loudon (17)
Only changes I can see for the Brumbies is Tomane in for Speight with Kudriani slipping into the bench. This is on the assumption that Speight's out with the rib injury.

Rebs should be worried, I don't think they've got much of a chance winning this one.

en_force_er

Geoff Shaw (53)
Only changes I can see for the Brumbies is Tomane in for Speight with Kudriani slipping into the bench. This is on the assumption that Speight's out with the rib injury.

Rebs should be worried, I don't think they've got much of a chance winning this one.

I don't know mate, I wouldn't put the Rebs as the favourites against the Brums but in Rd1 they certainly played the better footy of the 2 teams.

Now, obviously the Brums were against stauncher opposition but I don't think a hiding is on the cards.

Ghibli

Ted Thorn (20)
I don't know mate, I wouldn't put the Rebs as the favourites against the Brums but in Rd1 they certainly played the better footy of the 2 teams.

Now, obviously the Brums were against stauncher opposition but I don't think a hiding is on the cards.

The Brumbies are certainly not a team tha thinks they'll give a hiding to anyone, White will make sure of that. And I would think Brumbies fans would equally avoid any form of patronising. Just hope the Brums will display the same intensity they showed vs the Reds.

The Red Baron

Chilla Wilson (44)
I can't see the Rebels getting up in this one. Look for the Brumbies pack to suffocate the Rebels, by constantly disrupting any potential clean ball.

thierry dusautoir

Alan Cameron (40)
if the rebels win i will eat my hat. The brumbies pack will try and steam roll the rebels pack and even if they survive the first 60 they then have to deal with players like fotu aulua and faiinga coming in off the bench

The Red Baron

Chilla Wilson (44)
As long as is legal, good thing to do.

Of course. I expect the Brumbies to counter-ruck vigorously, similar to what they did against the Reds. Aussie teams generally don't handle being counter-rucked too well, something Jake has seemed to pick up on. The Brumbies certainly seem to have devoted a lot of time to it during the off season.

Shiggins

Steve Williams (59)

If they can't get 20000 for Beale, JOC (James O'Connor) and higgers something's wrong. Something's wrong

Shiggins

Steve Williams (59)
The brumbies will tea off this weekend. Win comfortably. Their front row is going to get smashed if the weekend was anything to go by.

Ghibli

Ted Thorn (20)
Of course. I expect the Brumbies to counter-ruck vigorously, similar to what they did against the Reds. Aussie teams generally don't handle being counter-rucked too well, something Jake has seemed to pick up on. The Brumbies certainly seem to have devoted a lot of time to it during the off season.

The Brums' defensive intensity is the greatest difference I noticed from last year on Saturday night. The physicality at the breakdown on both sides was frightening.
Wayne Smith on the OZ comments that the Brums' strategy "is highly physical and hugely attritional and one can only hope the Brumbies have a good shoulder surgeon at their disposal
because he could be a busy man if they maintain throughout the season the sort of intensity they showed against the Reds".

Must be a lot of shoulder surgeons in NZ and RSA, because that is how usually they like to beat up other teams and win titles.
Cannot remember a champion team that was not physical as well as skillful.

KevinO

John Hipwell (52)
Friday night games are arse.

Have told the club this numerous times.
The amount of Promotion for the start of the season was slack, have not seen one TV commercial for the Rebels. It's still not Football season so this is the time to attract new fans to the game and both the ARU and VRU are doing nothing about it.

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
The amount of Promotion for the start of the season was slack, have not seen one TV commercial for the Rebels. It's still not Football season so this is the time to attract new fans to the game and both the ARU and VRU are doing nothing about it.

And unfortunately the commercial news networks don't give a toss.........

But to be fair we don't give the NRL any coverage either.........

kronic

John Solomon (38)
Only Saturday night game this year is the Kings FFS. Where's the incentive to start drinking at 2pm... yes yes... there's always time for a beer, but you understand. How do you fire up?

stoff

Bill McLean (32)
Friday night games are arse.

Have told the club this numerous times.
For some - If you knock off at 4.30-5 for a few beers in the city then down to the game it isn't so bad.

What was really arse was that ground anouncer last week. The crowd has been loud for two years without needing someone to tell us when to chant. I don't see why that needed to change this year.

kronic

John Solomon (38)
For some - If you knock off at 4.30-5 for a few beers in the city then down to the game it isn't so bad.

What was really arse was that ground anouncer last week. The crowd has been loud for two years without needing someone to tell us when to chant. I don't see why that needed to change this year.
There's pro/cons with Friday/Saturday games, which we've discussed before.

Totally agree. Issue has been discussed within my crew, we really need to give him a reason to shut up. We are attempting to do this, it won't happen in the short term.

KevinO

John Hipwell (52)
Brumbies Missed tackle count and kicking stats will cost them this week if they don't improve. Reds didn't capitalize on it at all last week. Will make a points prediction when I see the sides but I am tipping a close one.

Status
Not open for further replies.