• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Rebels vs Force, RD1 SR2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

kronic

John Solomon (38)
Opening game of the season.

- Might see the 1st Japanese player in Super Rugby
- Foley's debut as Force coach (for points)

Rebels by 5. Our games have always been very close. We have the wood over them though :)

ChargerWA

Mark Loane (55)
Where are the Rebels at? Will Rabbit and Kurtley be fit?

If so, I would expect the Rebs to win it. Our backline will have had two practice matches together and that is it. It will take our new/unknowns a while to find their feet in S15. The Rebels squad will be much more settled.

kronic

John Solomon (38)
JOC (James O'Connor) is ready to go, obviously has been training more than Beale, he only came back, what 2 weeks ago?

The trials will obviously reveal a fair bit.

Forcefield

Ken Catchpole (46)
I think it will come down to who comes out of the blocks fastest. The last two games between the Force and Rebels have seen the Rebels put 20 odd points on the scoreboard in the first 20 and the Force playing catch up for the rest of the game. I would back us to dominate the Rebels in the scrum and at the breakdown as the game wears on. With a new 9/10/12 for the Force, I reckon the Rebels will get that start they need and take it 27-25.

M

Moono75

I think most teams will be in the same boat as far as any decent match practice prior to the season start. Even though it's round 1, this is an absolute must win game for the Force. Purely from a psychological standpoint after years of bad starts and poor results they need to shake the monkey off their back and start the season with a win. A 1 - 0 start as opposed to a 0 -1 start would give them an entireley different outlook at the season start particularly with all the work and buzz around the re-launch.

D

daz

A 1 - 0 start as opposed to a 0 -1 start would give them an entireley different outlook at the season start.

So, you are saying it is better to win the first game?

Sorry, just pulling yer leg. But sadly, expect the Force to be psychologically crushed and scarred under the burden of a 0-1 start.

I will be at the game and while I don't usually talk about this in public very often, I am a bit of a good luck charm for the Rebels. They all rub my belly before every home game, you see.

That's for luck, right? Right?

:D

M

Moono75

Daz...you may be right, but there is a different look and feel to the Force this year. I don't think the result is quite so cut and dried for this opener. I'm certainly looking forward to finishing work that Friday and enjoying a couple of beers whilst cheering the Force on. The season can't start soon enough.

I'll hold any bold predictions until I get a better idea of the likely starting lineups after a few trial games.

KevinO

John Hipwell (52)
I think it will be a tight and very unattractive first game to the season.

Prediction is Rebels keep there winning streak over Force going, sure they are always by one point between these two teams so I will stick with a point win to the Rebels.

en_force_er

Geoff Shaw (53)
What do I want out of this match? I want the Force to play Wykes/McCalman in the 2nd row and Alcock/Hodgson/Cotrell in the back row.

Why do I want this? Because it'd make for an interesting case study.

GaffaCHinO

Peter Sullivan (51)
Looks like Hodgo has pulled a hammy and will miss this match but should be ready to go in the second round against the kings.

ChargerWA

Mark Loane (55)
I just wanna see Junior Rasolea cut it up. Wonder how the centres are gonna shape up for us. With Rasolea and Tuatara Morrison we could have some excitement, or some horror.

Either way, just so long as it isn't boring.

M

Moono75

I think Foley will go with CTM and Hayward in the centres with Junior getting time as a change of pace and possilby also used on the wing. Hayward brings a bit more experience to partner CTM. At least there are a lot more options for us this year and the ball will actually make it out to our wings.

I'm counting down till Friday. Go Force!

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
I can't believe I didn't think of this earlier...

I'm in Melbourne this weekend for a music festival and will be in town on Friday.

Is there some sort of way I can buy a ticket and sit with any of you and meet for beers before the game? Or are you all in reserved seating?

I'm looking at you kronic

FiveStarStu

Bill McLean (32)
I can't believe I didn't think of this earlier.

I'm in Melbourne this weekend for a music festival and will be in town on Friday.

Is there some sort of way I can buy a ticket and sit with any of you and meet for beers before the game? Or are you all in reserved seating?

Seats at either end are GA. Rebel Army sits at the southern end of the ground and are always up for a beer or three.

I think kronic is usually on the northern end?

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
I know Turf Bar. I went there after the famous Bledisloe Cup victory at the MCG in 2007.

I'll be looking out for you at the pub Stu.

Sorry for being clingy, but I need some people to tag along with!

Status
Not open for further replies.