• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Rebels vs Force, Round 10, 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forcefield

Ken Catchpole (46)
So next Friday the Rebels host the Force in Melbourne.

Will the Rebels be the team to stop the Force's hot streak?

Interesting pattern: The only two teams that have played both their derbies are the Tahs vs Force and Brumbies vs Reds. The Reds won a tight one in Rd 2 and lost a tight one in Rd 9. The Tahs smashed the Force in Rd 2 and were subsequently smashed in Rd 9. The Rebels were smashed by the Force in Rd 4. Will they turn it around and steam roll the Force in Melbourne?

Mr Wobbly

Alan Cameron (40)
Nice work gents, talking up your underdog status already.

I expect the Force to smash us like guitars.

:)

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member

Wait until the rest of the Underdog Club arrive. They might even just cut and paste their posts from the Force / Tahs thread. :p

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
Wait until the rest of the Underdog Club arrive. They might even just cut and paste their posts from the Force / Tahs thread. :p

The Brown Hornet proving you correct
I think a lot will depend on the injury toll from last night. There were a lot of Force players not looking too flash at full time.

I don't know how your replacements would go if called upon for 80 minutes (better than Skelton I'm confident) but I don't think you lost much when they came on last night - except for Mathewson: why don't we (as a nation) produce halves like that? He's played all over Wallabies #1 and #2/3 halves in the last 2 weeks

Forcefield

Ken Catchpole (46)

Not trying to claim underdog status :)

I genuinely believe that this is the first game where the Force are likely to take their feet off the pedal. Every other game we have been favourites to lose.

Our game will not work unless we are fully committed for 80 minutes.

The_Brown_Hornet

John Eales (66)
They did OK, but I don't think we've got the depth yet that other sides have. We'll know later in the week obviously, but potentially it could be Cowan (no worries, we have props), Matthewson (shit, that's gonna hurt) and Morahan (DH-P did a good job after playing club footy as well that day) all out. Not a catastrophe, but we wouldn't want too many more out.

Hoolly Doolly

Fred Wood (13)
Rebels have played some good rugby and have been unfortunate in some of the results. Reminds me of the games we could have won last year. The hunger to turn close losses into wins will be there. Force need to approach the game with their heads screwed on. Will be interestng to see who is injured from last nights effort.could have big bearing on this match. Wykes, matthewson, badger, charles, pek didnt look in good shape
The Rebels are our Bogey team.
Rebes in a very tight match.

KevinO

John Hipwell (52)
Western Forces impressive winning streak started with there smashing of the Rebels, so it's only fair that the Rebels end it on Friday night.

Looking forward to this one, no work so the pints will start early just in case it does go Force's way in the same fashion as Perth.

ChargerWA

Mark Loane (55)
No underdog stratus this week. If the Force are the real deal and deserve to be in the top 6, they should win. Not comfortably, the Rebels are a good team. The Force by less than 5.

Blue

Andrew Slack (58)
There is no way the Force should lose. They are better in every facet of play.

The only way they will lose is if mentally they can't get up.

GaffaCHinO

Peter Sullivan (51)
There is no way the Force should lose. They are better in every facet of play.

The only way they will lose is if mentally they can't get up.
Or if they have no players left after last night.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GaffaCHinO

Peter Sullivan (51)
What's the status @gaffachino? Who's unavailable as far as you know?
Don't know who is or isn't available as yet.

Going off what I saw after the game I would say Wykes would be a long shot he was walking around holding his ribs so 2 weeks in a row going off early I would say he may he given a rest which would give our lock depth a shake but you would think reck it Rory May be on the bench.

Others who went off in the game Pek and Alby I would think both should be fine but will have to see later in the week.

I'm not sure if Haywood was injured I think his wife may have gone into labour unexpectedly she was heavily pregnant hence they didn't have reserve ready for him and DHP backed up after 60mins in club rugby.

Just Lot of very sore body's we shall see on thurs I guess.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

andrewM

Herbert Moran (7)
Hmm. I see this as a danger game. The Rebels have beaten the Brumbies and come close but no cigar in the other games they have played since the Force game and I would suggest that they will be fresher than the Force after our game against the Tahs.

I am sure that they will be studying the Force vs Tahs game closely to think of ways to overcome the Force's defence and take advantage of our hopefully not too weary team. Having said that the entire Force squad has contributed to their success and having that depth will be an asset

KevinO

John Hipwell (52)
Hmm. I see this as a danger game. The Rebels have beaten the Brumbies and come close but no cigar in the other games they have played since the Force game and I would suggest that they will be fresher than the Force after our game against the Tahs.

I am sure that they will be studying the Force vs Tahs game closely to think of ways to overcome the Force's defence and take advantage of our hopefully not too weary team. Having said that the entire Force squad has contributed to their success and having that depth will be an asset

Welcome to GAGR Andrew,

This is a game the Rebels would have had marked as a must win before the season and nothing has changed except the Force are now the second best team in Australia.

Not very confident at the same time.

andrewM

Herbert Moran (7)
So to conclude..
Home game for the Rebels against a very battle weary Force should make the Rebels favourites. No doubt Mr Gowden will concur. (ch tongue eek)

Status
Not open for further replies.