• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Rebels Vs Force Trial Match 06/02/2017

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr Wobbly

Alan Cameron (40)
The Rebels take on the Force at Bond University on Monday February 6, kicking off at 6:30pm AEDT.

Rebels
1. Cruze Ah-Nau
2. Pat Leafa
3. Laurie Weeks
4. Culum Retallick
5. Steve Cummins
6. Lopeti Timani
7. Jordy Reid
8. Harley Fox*
9. Nic Stirzaker (captain)
10. Jackson Garden-Bachop*
11. Tom English
12. Sione Tuipulotu
13. Mitch Inman
14. Sefa Naivalu
15. Jack Maddocks*
Reserves
16. Siliva Siliva
17. Tom Moloney
18. Tyrel Lomax*
19. Jordan Uelese*
20. Jake Schatz*
21. Ben Meehan
22. Jack Debreczeni
23. Ben Volavola*
24. Mick Snowden
25. Jonah Placid
26. Nick Kellaway*
27. Jack McGregor*
28. Fereti Sa’aga*
29. Ikapote Tupai*
30. Dennis Pili-Gaitau*
31. Semisi Tupou*
*uncapped Rebels

Force
1. Pek Cowan
2. Heath Tessmann
3. Shambeckler Vui
4. Matt Philip
5. Ross Haylett-Petty
6. Kane Koteka
7. Richard Hardwick
8. Brynard Stander
9. Ryan Louwrens
10. Jono Lance
11. Chance Peni
12. Bill Meakes
13. Curtis Rona
14. Luke Morahan
15.Dane Haylett-Petty

oztimmay

Geoff Shaw (53)
Staff member
Nice to see what the new kids can do against the Force. I'll have eyes on Tyrell, JGB, Harley and Jack Maddocks.

Speaking of, anyone know if there is a live stream for this match?

mst

Peter Johnson (47)
The Western Force will clash with the Melbourne Rebels at 5:30pm (AEST) at Bond University, the match will not be live streamed, but the game will be tweeted live from the Western Force Twitter account and a full match report will be released post game.:(

swingpass

Peter Sullivan (51)
Brumby Runner said:
Interesting that LT is scheduled to play 6. Would have thought he'd be either lock (to fit into TT's plans) or 8 (to fit into Cheika's plans).​
just a trial, and i think the Rebels long term back 5 plans are in flux because of the injuries to Jeffries, Toolis, McMahaon. I suppose they want to see if Harley Fox can cut it at super level, he was one of the the Rising's better and more consistent performers in the NRC. i would think that LT will move into the second row and Schatz to 8 at some stage. also no Fa'inga and who is Nick Kellaway ?

Forcefield

Ken Catchpole (46)
Force up 20-5 early in the 2nd half (3rd quarter). Some terrible goal kicking by the look of the scores.

Marcelo

Ken Catchpole (46)
Oohhh I see. The Rebels have a good backline but if you can't dominate the piggies game, you can't use your backline. They need a better second row

HJ Nelson

Trevor Allan (34)
Staff member
Photos from last nights game here: Flickr
or Facebook

32621330831_18f7cc6d18_c_d.jpg

31902160914_e7024a87d1_c_d.jpg

32745477415_e872427d21_c_d.jpg

Shaker

Ron Walden (29)
Was a good game. Lots of errors but you expect that in preseason. Cant say much about the Rebels because A) I didnt know most of them and B) Im a Force fan so i wasnt really watching the Rebels.

Standouts for me were Chance Peni, Who could be really exciting this season, and Palota-Nau when he came on. Made a real impact and im excited to see how he goes this season if he stays healthy. Hoping to see more of Mees Erasmus in Brisbane, didnt play much last night but im interested to see how big his runs are in Super Rugby.

All round, a good win. Lots of big hits and new try scorers and hopefully we carry that into the Tens.

Attachments

• 16508034_10211367713364313_4827235949208209815_n.jpg
    16508034_10211367713364313_4827235949208209815_n.jpg
    84.4 KB · Views: 204

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Thanks Shaker. So what position do you think Peni will end up? Outside centre?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Shaker

Ron Walden (29)
Thanks Shaker. So what position do you think Peni will end up? Outside centre?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
They lined him up on the wing which was interesting but i like it. Give him some space and he can exploit it. I think on one run last night he stepped 3 Rebels players before being shut down. Not sure he can take hits like a centre though, hence why Rona seems to be inside at 13.

Mr Pilfer

Bob Loudon (25)
I would think the starting backline for round 1 would be the same as this trial.

10. Jono Lance
11. Chance Peni
12. Bill Meakes
13. Curtis Rona
14. Luke Morahan
15.Dane Haylett-Petty
The only possible inclusion would be Robbie Coleman but he would make a good utility off the bench with Brache.
Lots of forwards to come back in though to the starting side (Daley/Faulkner maybe, TPN, Coleman, Hodgo, McCalman,

Micheal

Nicholas Shehadie (39)
I would think the starting backline for round 1 would be the same as this trial.

10. Jono Lance
11. Chance Peni
12. Bill Meakes
13. Curtis Rona
14. Luke Morahan
15.Dane Haylett-Petty

The only possible inclusion would be Robbie Coleman but he would make a good utility off the bench with Brache.
Lots of forwards to come back in though to the starting side (Daley/Faulkner maybe, TPN, Coleman, Hodgo, McCalman,

For me thats a really solid backline, but it all depends on Lance staying fit and firing.

Newsomes an exciting prospect, as was Burton a few years back so it'll be interesting to see if he stays fit. For me, Colemans very meh but he's a solid plug and utility back. Brache is, well, Brache. Wouldn't make anything anywhere else but you lot seem to like him for whatever reason.

A potential Force pack of:

1. Cowan
2. TPN
3. Faulkner
4. Coleman
5. RHP / Arnold / Phillips / Matwijow
6. RHP / Cottrell / ?
7. Hodgson
8. McCalman

Isn't bad either. If the Force truly are hoping to play some up tempo rugby this year, then Naisarani or Figg (if he's still with you) wouldn't be a bad option from the bench.

I'm excited to see what you lot can achieve this year. If you play with the passion you had a few years back I think you've got the talent to go places, providing everyone stays fit.

N

NTT

Good result but won't mean much if we don't win regular season games. Last year we beat the Canes preseason then struggled. Need to win our home games and be looking to peak heading towards to back end of the season.

Forcefield

Ken Catchpole (46)
With Matwijow out, I think we need to move RHP back to the second row and move Naisarani to 6 and have him pack at 8 for scrums.

We don't have a lot of depth at lock.

GaffaCHinO

Peter Sullivan (51)
^^they still have Phillip and Richie Arnold it's not all that bad as Havili who pack in the row for the spirit l.

Status
Not open for further replies.