• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Rebutting the "RU is the Devil" arguments from League fanatics

Status
Not open for further replies.

RugbyFuture

Lord Logo
Great thread Karl, you wannabe blue blood.

LOL, you're going to give us an education about Rugby and throw a few back huh?

You have proved in this thread and all the other threads at LU that you really don't have a fucking clue about RL let alone Union.

Dumbarse.

Oh, and if it wasn't for RL, union would've stayed dead in qld, and union did play games during ww1.

And the original rabbitohs were the wallaby's.

Need to know some more?

your writing is arousing to me.

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
And the original rabbitohs were the wallaby's.

Need to know some more?

Could you explain to me what you mean?
There were teams representing Australia playing union against other countries before league spun off from union.
Thus the bunnies could not have been the wallabies because the bunnies didn't exist

suckerforred

Chilla Wilson (44)
Could you explain to me what you mean?
There were teams representing Australia playing union against other countries before league spun off from union.
Thus the bunnies could not have been the wallabies because the bunnies didn't exist

Maybe he ment that the original wallabies became the rabbitohs, and jujst got confused

wamberal

Phil Kearns (64)
According to Wikipedia, the first touring team was known as the "Rabbits" initially, but the name was then changed to the Wallabies.

waratahjesus

Greg Davis (50)
Yeah, the first fully combined Australian team was nicknamed the "rabbits" but discarded the name and chose wallabies before playing a match I believe.

wamberal

Phil Kearns (64)
ParraEelsNRL is actually quite fascinated by rugby.

Dick Thornett and Ray Price were both pretty good poaches, weren't they, Parra old mate?

waratahjesus

Greg Davis (50)
First and last eh?

Well done modgod.

Why are you so angry, I don't think Karl has lobbed any abuse your way, in fact he has actually sought out fact and information rather than inflamed any war (and yes I have read what he has written over your way) it's nit life or death, discussion is great as is some light hearted banter but no need to be rude.

Karl

Bill McLean (32)
ParraEels hates my guts. It's a cross I must bear, but the load is heavy.

Parra has principles though. If you like Union, he hates you on principle.

P

ParraEElsNRL

ParraEels hates my guts. It's a cross I must bear, but the load is heavy.

Parra has principles though. If you like Union, he hates you on principle.

BS, I don't hate all union supporters, I hate the PW types that think they're so much better than everyone else and in his case lies compulsively, and you are included in that with the BS posts you have been going on with at LU lately (not the lying compulsively part though).

You admit you know stuff all about the history of both codes, yet you want to argue about it and try and make out you know it all by tying to use big words that you think we don't understand.

You admitted you know nothing, so why pretend?

I followed union right up until the mid to late 90's, then I seen mouths like O'neill and co going on with garbage and when I got the net in 2001-2, my eyes were opened when I joined a union forum. Mungo this mungo that, blah blah blah. We are real rugby blah blah blah, all mungo players are criminals without an education ect ect ect all because I asked if anyone was going to watch the footy.

I hate this class stuff because simply put, you may shit in a 9c gold dunny compared to my ceramic old white thing, but it's still shit going into it.

P

ParraEElsNRL

ParraEelsNRL is actually quite fascinated by rugby.

Dick Thornett and Ray Price were both pretty good poaches, weren't they, Parra old mate?

You I like for some strange reason, but you do go on with the class thing a bit too much.

Maybe the reason I like you is because I can see through your pretend betterment ;)

WorkingClassRugger

David Codey (61)
BS, I don't hate all union supporters, I hate the PW types that think they're so much better than everyone else and in his case lies compulsively, and you are included in that with the BS posts you have been going on with at LU lately (not the lying compulsively part though).

You admit you know stuff all about the history of both codes, yet you want to argue about it and try and make out you know it all by tying to use big words that you think we don't understand.

I followed union right up until the mid to late 90's, then I seen mouths like O'neill and co going on with garbage and when I got the net in 2001-2, my eyes were opened when I joined a union forum. Mungo this mungo that, blah blah blah. We are real rugby blah blah blah, all mungo players are criminals without an education ect ect ect all because I asked if anyone was going to watch the footy.

I hate this class stuff because simply put, you may shit in a 9c gold dunny compared to my ceramic old white thing, but it's still shit going into it.

Would I fall into that category Parra?:)

AngrySeahorse

Peter Sullivan (51)

The things I come across while staying up to watch the early morning saffa games...

Parra, mate a few things to cover from what is highlighted in bold in your comment.

1) O'Neill does not speak for all Rugby fans nor does every Rugby forum cover every opinion of all Rugby fans

2) "mungo this, mungo that" sort of talk from my experience has resulted from Rugby followers getting sick & tired of League supporters talking smack about Rugby. Growing up I heard more illogical crap thrown at Rugby by league supporters than the other way around. Even watching NRL now a lot of league commentators like to put the boot into Rugby whereas you hear little of this from Rugby. If you put yourself into the shoes of Rugby followers you would understand why people have the attitude that they do. Its like a person walking up to a random innocent on a street & king hitting them for no reason, you cant expect someone to put up with that. This is coming from someone that grew up watching both codes but came predominantly from a league family - I actually had a cousin who played for the Knights & your beloved Parramatta many years ago.

3) Its hypocritical for you to call out Rugby fans for saying Leaguies are uneducated & criminals & then turn around with that dunny comparison insinuating Rugby types are naturally economically well off. You cant accuse Rugby followers of generalisations then make them yourself. In my case I grew up with my grandparents with my mother who was on welfare, later served my country, slaved my way through Uni & work as a contruction worker, living money wise day by day. Life could be worse but I'd hardly say I was born with a silver spoon up my arse. Top it off with my mini mohawk & rats tail you could say I'm as bogun looking as you can get. I'm also a Rugby player & follower & the sort of background & appearance I have is similar to a large percentage of the people who play & follow Rugby in my area.

Peace out, I tipped the Warriors this weekend though :p

Now back to the savage ballet that is a saffa derby...

wamberal

Phil Kearns (64)
Phil Hawthorne
John brass
Michael oconnor
Russell fair fax
Michael cleary

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I was referring to players who had switched and played for Parramatta. I suppose I could have added Tony Melrose, too.

There were far more converts, of course. Some of the others: Ken Kearney, Trevor Allen, Rex Mossop, Kevin Ryan, Jimmy Lisle, Bob Honan, Brian James, George Reubner, Scott Gourlay, Brett Papworth, Ken Wright, Barry Stumbles, Peter Sullivan, James Grant, just for starters. For many years two or three top players switched pretty well every season.

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
Good point - didnt include Wright or Papworth cause neither really cut it in league, for different reasons.
Ashamed to say that I forgot the moose and kandos!!!

RugbyFuture

Lord Logo

my shit was once cavier, pate and lobster though.

I think we can all agree that our 9c gold dunnies are only here because it feels softer. Besides, the seat on mine isnt gold either, its Jade.

Status
Not open for further replies.