• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Rebutting the "RU is the Devil" arguments from League fanatics

Status
Not open for further replies.

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
This class argument is bullshit.
You're all welcome to come and play and watch the game they play in heaven.
There are only 2 rerquirements:
Understand that there is always a contest for possession and dont tell us what a superior game yours is.

Karl

Bill McLean (32)
Inverse snobbery is just as bad as what PE accuses all the world's Unionites of so breathlessly and constantly. Particularly when it's matched with blind aggression and a badly chipped shoulder. I do seem to occupy a special place in his heart though.

wamberal

Phil Kearns (64)
Good point - didnt include Wright or Papworth cause neither really cut it in league, for different reasons.
Ashamed to say that I forgot the moose and kandos!!!

And also Arthur Summons, a loig icon. Not to mention the huge number of poaches from rugby in other countries.

The Red Baron

Chilla Wilson (44)
I actually find it quite amusing that the League boys feel that they have to constantly defend their game. The level of hate directed to rugby, especially from a site like LU, is also directed at our roundball friends and the boys that enjoy kicking a kangaroo skin. So LU shares the love pretty evenly over there. Does this indicate that there is a level of uneasiness and insecurity present in the League loving folk? Maybe - It could also highlight other social issues present in sections of the League community that have nothing to do with sport, based on the fact that the key argument from a leaguie always revolves around class. Not all people from lower socioeconomic backgrounds support league. Same applies to people from higher socioeconomic backgrounds and rugby. We are looking at differences of degree, not polar opposites.

People will support both codes for different reasons, and it generally has nothing to do with their social status. It has more to do with what game interests them more. This also doesn't mean that people HAVE to restrict themselves to supporting one sport. A point I think that a few of the boys over at LU seem to miss.

All in all, I wouldn't get too wound up in what the league trolls do, and engaging in argument when they have already made up their mind is like beating your head against a brick wall. Not worth the pain.

AngrySeahorse

Peter Sullivan (51)
why bother even replying. The guy has clearly made a choice and loves your turn my turn touch football. You don't have to justify your choice of game to him or make excuses for your schooling and what you do for a living.

I agree. I just wanted to get my last comment in at an attempt at rational discussion. If he cant understand my most recent post I'm just going to accept he cannot understand. But I may add some comical posts in if that's the way this is going!

Did anyone notice I spelled "bogan" as "bogun", wow, misspelling "bogan", I have all but confirmed my boganess.

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
why bother even replying. The guy has clearly made a choice and loves your turn my turn touch football. You don't have to justify your choice of game to him or make excuses for your schooling and what you do for a living.

Listening to Warren Ryan this arvo - 20 minutes to go: he says "there are only so many sets of 6 left in this game and they have to make them count" or something like that....and I thought thats the difference and the beauty of our game no one knows how many more times you're going to get the ball in the game even with less than a minute to go...ask the Tahs and Reds!

RugbyFuture

Lord Logo
Im going to come in prowling and early and claim that having a member called the red baron, is proof of the vichy regimes grip on rugby! also, I call IMPOSTER!

Status
Not open for further replies.