1. Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Red Bull and High Energy Drinks

Discussion in 'Everything Else' started by spooony, Feb 1, 2012.

1. spooony Ron Walden (29)

If you drink Tequila mix it with Red Bull
  2. suckerforred Desmond Connor (43)

Only if you want to experience the hospitality of the local cardiac unit...
  3. spooony Ron Walden (29)

No where did you hear that? It taste divine. Its like natural mixture here. Try it you might like it
  4. suckerforred Desmond Connor (43)

Red Bull, along with all other 'Energy Drinks' have the potential to produce cardiac problems in most people. From the point of view of someone who has had to sit a convince a teenager to calm down in an attempt to get their pulse rate below 150 whilst waiting for medical attention after drinking far to much vodka and red bull, the bloody things should be banned. They also cause kidney stones in those who are susceptible and strokes in those with high blood presure. Just my opinions however. Enjoy.
    Moses likes this.
  5. spooony Ron Walden (29)

Did you ever had chemistry at school? Yes? No? Do you drink coffee? Yes? No? Maybe?

Its a Caffeinated energy drink. You might feel not as drunk as you really are is the worst that can happen
  6. suckerforred Desmond Connor (43)

Yep I did do Chemistry at school. Actually won a few prizes for it as well. Yes I know it is a caffeinated drink. It is the levels of caffine in the drinks, red bull is not the only one, that is the problem. That combined with some of the other ingredients, e.g grauma (or however you spell it - couldn't be bothered getting up from the arm chair), results in some rather freaky reactions in the human body. OK might not be everyone, but it happens. Same results happen when people drink exhorbant amouts of coffee. When I go out, I go out to have a good time and a few drinks with mates, not to have to resus someone because they are to stupid to know what they are putting in their body can have a negative effect. This applies to all drugs - caffeine, alcohol, nicotine, e's, pot, etc. Just because something is naturally occuring does not means that it is completely safe. Arsenic is natural and doesn't kill you in small doses, interested in taking some of that?
  7. spooony Ron Walden (29)

Its harmless trust me. You might just not feel as drunk as you actually are thats all. Normally we drink it with Voddy as well. But the amount of redbull you use is a matter of personal taste.
    My other favorite is Black Current Hooch with Brandy.
  8. cyclopath John Eales (66)

It's not harmless in large amounts. Caffeine toxicity is a real thing, and can even lead to a temporary delerium. Caffeine is a potent vaso-constrictor, hence the caffeine withdrawal headache that seasoned coffee drinkers like me suffer if they forego the morning brew for too long! To get to dangerous levels takes a lot, but it can and does happen.
    Brumbies Guy, Moses and suckerforred like this.
  9. spooony Ron Walden (29)

yet I live. So is coffee. So is the air you breath. So is the fatty foods you eat. So is Alcohol. I would be more worried about the alcohol than the shot of caffeine you get which you get from tea and coffee 99 percent of the time.
    Glucuronolactone is the words you looking for but it gets naturally developed in your liver by your own body. So please stop the urban myths lol
    We all read the Vietnam war thing and the urban myth about it

10. mark_s Bob Davidson (42)

One guy had to abort a four week os rugby tour I was on due to too many vodka and red bulls. Got to the point where he couldnt sleep at all for 3 or 4 days and had a mini nervous breakdown. on spirits, gentlemen jack is on my top shelf
  11. cyclopath John Eales (66)

And your point is what? Some people who have been shot in the head live too, but it is not generally good for your health. You said Red Bull was harmless, I disagree. Whether other compounds, atmospheric components, or adipose tissue is also bad for you is sort of irrelevant.
    suckerforred likes this.
  12. spooony Ron Walden (29)

http://www.cracked.com/article_16785_7-retarded-food-myths-internet-thinks-are-true.html

THAT'S THE POINT
  13. cyclopath John Eales (66)

suckerforred likes this.
  14. Sully Simon Poidevin (60)

Cracked.com! Are you serious! I'll take the good doctors advice not yours. BTW I limit my coffee intake for health reasons so why would I put that shit in my body.
  15. spooony Ron Walden (29)

haha never saw this thread lol
    So what do you drink it with? Coke, Pepsi, Diet Coke? Horse...
  16. spooony Ron Walden (29)

Caffeine fair enough. So you don't drink any gas drinks?
  17. Karl Bill McLean (32)

http://nutrition.about.com/od/askyournutritionist/f/caffeine.htm

"It's generally agreed that consuming up to 300 mg of caffeine per day is safe. That's roughly the amount of caffeine you would get from three cups (not mugs or big paper cups) of coffee."

From Wikipedia -

So, you have a young person out and in every drink they are getting at least one standard drink of alcohol and 1 cup of coffee (which is about the caffeine equivalent in a redbull), plus sugar in all liklihood. Safe levels of caffeine is 3 coffees or equivalent. There is half as much caffeine in Coke as there is in redbull.

It's safe to say that at least 10 of these Vodka/tequila/etc and Redbulls are getting knocked back in a session, probably a lot more. 6 is double the RDI of caffeine. 9 is triple. Plus you're getting BAC's of circa .15 and up at those levels with probable dehydration effects.

Redbull isn't even the worst of them either.

Yeah, perfectly safe. And don't listen to the Ambo's who have to deal with the kids drinking this crap either. What do they know?
    Penguin and suckerforred like this.
  18. Train Without a Station Paul McLean (56)

Probably not that great for me but I was generally consuming on average 2 sugar free red bulls, 2 large coffees (skim. Gotta keep it lean) and a pre work out such as jack3d or mesomorph daily. Didn't seem to have too many adverse affects on me. That being said, in hindsight, seems a concerning quantity.
  19. Train Without a Station Paul McLean (56)

Oh and on regular occasions I would punch down around 10 or more vodka red bulls. As previously, didn't really affect me adversely, but seems concerning in hindsight.
  20. Jnor Peter Fenwicke (45)

Seems pretty bad to me, look what happened in your picture