• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Reds 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

Troy

Jim Clark (26)
With news out this week that Link is moving on next year, I'm interested to see who' locked in and who may be on the move.

I've listed the current squad below, but still trying to track down who's on and who's off.

Quade Cooper - 2014
Ben Daley - 2013
Rod Davies - 2014
Ant Fainga'a - 2013
Saia Fainga'a - 2013
Will Genia - 2015
Liam Gill - 2013
James Hanson - 2013
James Horwill - 2013
Michael Harris - *2013
Greg Holmes
Jono Lance - 2013
Digby Ioane - 2015
Ben Lucas -*2013
Luke Morahan - 2013
Eddie Quirk
Radike Samo - 2013
Jake Schatz - 2014
Dom Shipperley - 2014
Rob Simmons - 2013
Aidan Toua
Beau Robinson - 2013
Chris Feauai-Sautia
Albert Anae
Nick Frisby
Jono Owen
James Slipper - 2013
Ben Tapuai - 2014
David McDuling - 2014
Adam Wallace-Harrison - 2014

*Not to sure as couldn't tell when the deal was signed!

Penguin

John Solomon (38)
I'm pretty sure Horwil, Lucas, Tapuai & Ioane are at least locked in for next year Troy & Holmes has stated in the past that he'd never play for another team in Australia. I know the Fainga'a's signed a new deal last year but unsure if it was just for one season or not.

Troy

Jim Clark (26)
Thanks Penguin, I'm pretty sure most of the big names are signed up for next year was interested in how long.

Forgot to add on that list that Richard Graham is also signed up. After meeting him at the GAGR Christmas drinks, I'm looking forward to seeing how he goes.

Troy

Jim Clark (26)
I believe Digby is off contract at the end of the year! Can anyone confirm?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

No4918

John Hipwell (52)
The one year deal was strange so i am not confident. With most other big names locked away they need to be high priority. Saia has been one of the best so far and Ant showed that CFS has a fair way to go to take his jersey in his only game.

Troy

Jim Clark (26)
I couldn't find all but from what I can see 14 players off contract at the end of the year.

Hell West & Crooked

Alex Ross (28)
What has happened to Rod Davies - I know he is back from Injury - but cannot even get a seat on the Bench? For my money he was the equal best Winger in Australian Rugby the Year he played his solitary test... He is too good not to be playing Wing for one of the Five Australian Teams.

Hell West & Crooked

Alex Ross (28)
He has zero rugby skills, should try sprinting

This is what really annoys me about Rugby followers in the professional era... smug comments like the above, which pass for informed opinion, when the Queensland Reds, Ewa nMcEnzie, Robbie Deans and the other Wallaby Selectors have all seen fit to put him in both Reds - and Wallaby Colours...

Sideline Warriors just.....(@#$%^&*) I don't even comprehend what delusions go on inside their minds... Australian Rugby certainly does not have the depth to be discounting outside backs lightly. Scoey and Suckerfored, thanks for sensible response.

My generation (at least), grew up to be proud of the blokes who played for the Wallabies, and would have given our right arms to be in their position. Taking Cheap shots from the sidelines was not a part of Rugby Culture back then - it was Mungo Territory.

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Hang on a sec, you've sort of contradicted your own statement, why he was he dropped after 1 Test and barely seen in Red since? I'd say the coaches have realised he's not that good.

I was pretty vocal against Davies selection for the Wallabies, couple here will remember that, I think his performance vindicated that. He's too small and doesn't have anything besides electric pace, he makes too many errors, isn't good in contact and isn't a noted defender or kicker of the ball. One-dimensional and lacking in rugby nous.

Troy

Jim Clark (26)
This is what really annoys me about Rugby followers in the professional era. smug comments like the above, which pass for informed opinion, when the Queensland Reds, Ewa nMcEnzie, Robbie Deans and the other Wallaby Selectors have all seen fit to put him in both Reds - and Wallaby Colours.

Sideline Warriors just...(@#$%^&*) I don't even comprehend what delusions go on inside their minds. Australian Rugby certainly does not have the depth to be discounting outside backs lightly. Scoey and Suckerfored, thanks for sensible response.

My generation (at least), grew up to be proud of the blokes who played for the Wallabies, and would have given our right arms to be in their position. Taking Cheap shots from the sidelines was not a part of Rugby Culture back then - it was Mungo Territory.

Don't worry - or read to much into - what Qwerty has to say. When it comes to anything QLD and especially Quade, he's unable to say anything positive, and seems more intent on trolling..

Status
Not open for further replies.