• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Reds 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

TOCC

We'll there have been plenty of reports about Genia heading overseas, including reports he signed an agreement with Bath, Stade Francais coach has confirmed he was on their recruitment list. Genia has even spoken about his intent to play in Europe.

On Cooper, he spoke about representing Australia at the Olympics only a few days ago and there's hasn't been the same rumours from Europe.

No4918

John Hipwell (52)
I'd prefer Cooper to head overseas in 2016 for a season. It seems very unlikely he will not go at some stage and an early taste might be a good thing.

He will still be young enough for a tilt at the 2019 RWC and get a nice payday afterwards if he decides to go back.

Marcelo

Ken Catchpole (46)
We'll there have been plenty of reports about Genia heading overseas, including reports he signed an agreement with Bath, Stade Francais coach has confirmed he was on their recruitment list. Genia has even spoken about his intent to play in Europe.

On Cooper, he spoke about representing Australia at the Olympics only a few days ago and there's hasn't been the same rumours from Europe.

With this low performance after his injury, I doubt about Genia and an European contract

Marcelo

Ken Catchpole (46)
Couldn't Hunt play 10? isn't that what he did at Broncos?

Noooooooooo

We have not learned anything about the bad experiences of JOC (James O'Connor) and Kurtley at 10 on Wallaby jersey?

If he has played in that position a handful of times doesn't mean he's good at 10. JOC (James O'Connor) and KB (Kurtley Beale) have been 10 and weren't good.

No experiments, please. Hunt at fullback or centre ;)

No4918

John Hipwell (52)
No one wants him to play 10. But the only other 10 in the squad is a 19yo, Paia'aua. Never seen him play but 10 is a tough spot to find your place at this level for a young debutant. So it's Hunt, JOC (James O'Connor) or Paia'aua with experience in the position. Glad it isn't me making the call.

Marcelo

Ken Catchpole (46)
No one wants him to play 10. But the only other 10 in the squad is a 19yo, Paia'aua. Never seen him play but 10 is a tough spot to find your place at this level for a young debutant. So it's Hunt, JOC (James O'Connor) or Paia'aua with experience in the position. Glad it isn't me making the call.

In that case I prefer JOC (James O'Connor) at 10 rather than Hunt:

1- QC (Quade Cooper)
2- Paia'aua
3- JOC (James O'Connor)

T

TOCC

Hunt was always a playmaker fullback in the NRL, the Broncos backline revolved around him and Lockyer, Hunt was the second playmaker in that Broncos team..

However 10 in rugby union takes a lot of experience and knowledge to control the game effectively, in due time Hunt could easily fill that role, but not in the near future.

Hunt will be starting fullback for 2015, you can quote me on that!

Status
Not open for further replies.