• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Reds 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ash

Michael Lynagh (62)
Everyone says what a good bloke he is, and I can see it.

But I agree, unfortunately he doesn't come across as the brightest guy, and his being a good human being doesn't lend itself to being a good coach, unfortunately.

Maybe he'd be better off with some other role at the Reds.

gel

Ken Catchpole (46)
Maybe he'd be better off with some other role at the Reds.
Maybe he has reached his peak at the reds and the limited resources of the QRU are now constraining him and limiting his chances of realising his vision of the "game plan"?

He said when he left the Force that one of his motivators was to coach in a rugby stronghold state, so maybe he has already outgrown the small state of Queensland and needs more? Maybe he needs a team that has a strong line up of assistant coaches ready to go and has just had its head coach ripped away by the wallabies and are looking around for a head coach right now?

The reds had been up and down in their results for the four years prior to his role as head coach (finishing anywhere from 5th to 1st), so it was always going to be a tough ask for him to change that into a consistent formula. Maybe he needs a team with a demonstrated history of consistency? One that has been "consistently 1st for the past 1 seasons in a row" kind of consistency.

Maybe he needs a strong roster of players to be able to execute his "game plan"? Sure, the Reds had been crowned "2011 Super Rugby champions", but only one team since 1996 has ever earned the right to be referred to as "The Super Rugby Champions" by Spiro Zavos and David Lord (all other results up to that point in time had just been yearly championships, but 2014 was finally the ACTUAL, real super rugby championship tournament). Only one team in the history of any sport has been so powerful to corrupt the heart of one of queensland's daughters that she would be compelled to produce propaganda pieces for her new masters.

NSW is the state.

Waratahs are the team.

So, how about it tah fans? Are you ready to accept the responsibilty of what destiny lies before you? Can you feel the vibe and dare to dream of the possibilities of a tah team unleashing RG's "game plan"?

It's for the good of australian rugby, and you know it.

T

TOCC

There's still 30minutes to play in the Tahs match..

I've long advocated that RG deserves his chance to show his wares, but this team is regressing even from 2014, RG needs to go... Sack him this week and promote Stiles

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Parse

Bill Watson (15)
Nothings really changed from last year. I wonder if those in charge will finally realise it's the coach that is the problem. A few of us fans have been saying that for a while. It is so disappointing watching your team play and not even have basic handling skills let alone look like they have any clue of what to do with the ball when they get it.

Brendan Hume

Charlie Fox (21)
Brums by 30 next week. The comments on Facebook are pretty incredible - #sackdick being one of my favourites.

Brendan Hume

Charlie Fox (21)
Putting up the banner for next weeks game on your Facebook page within half an hour of serving that shit up is asking for a pasting from fans I s'pose. Still seems incredible to me that a professional rugby team can look like they do not have a fucking clue what they're doing. There's nothing wrong with losing if you aren't good enough, but you should at least have a basic foundation of a game plan in place and be able to execute some basics. Poor buggers can't even get over the gain line.

Ash

Michael Lynagh (62)
They were so deep it was just dumb. Another masterstroke from the master coaches Richard Graham and Steve Meehan.

How much longer until Richard Graham and Steve Meehan are sacked? How much longer can Graham and the Reds make excuses for his lack of coaching ability?

Ash

Michael Lynagh (62)
The guys who monitor the Reds social media sure earn their wage by the amount of posts they delete from the Facebook page from pissed off fans,

Someone must be sick and tired from deleting post after post calling for Graham's head.

RedsHappy

Tony Shaw (54)
I'm not going to even say it.

It's so obvious and has been for years

gel, now that it is overwhelmingly and indisputably clear that RG has been a disaster for the Reds and is an appalling rugby coach, the next logical question which has loomed over this matter for some time is: how honest, objective and self-critical is the QRU board that appointed him in early 2012 with no search process or overt selection criteria?

Will they seek poor excuses and evade so as to protect their own self-defined prestige, or will they show the required courage and at long last deal with this debacle, learn the (very) hard lessons from it, set up a proper global search for a proven coach of quality, and 'do much better next time'?

T

TOCC

Sack RG this week, or allow him to step down.... Appoint Nic Stiles interim coach and begin a search for a new coach for the remainder of the season

Status
Not open for further replies.