• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Reds 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wilson

David Codey (61)
Not sure how it'd work with the marquee limit if Thomson is still around next year. May just end up being solely a coaching role.

gel

Ken Catchpole (46)
I am guessing RG would be a "smeg head"?
hahaha. :D

On the Brad Thorn thing: Is it a time for the Reds to experiment for a potentially good coach or an historically good and experienced coach? It could be argued that the RG was a risky experiment and to follow that up with another venture might be pushing things a bit too far atm.

hammertimethere

Trevor Allan (34)
I don't think he's planning to be head coach and bit part player gel.

Brad has publicly stated a bunch of times that life after footy for him is in Brisbane. He has also suggested he has toyed with the idea of being a S and C coach. Wouldn't be a bad career for the big guy. If the reds were to help facilitate that they could do what the Rebels did for Mortlock a few years back and sign him on a long deal with the understanding that the first year will be a part-time playing + mentoring/coaching role then moving out of the playing group into the coaching ranks full time after that. Imagine Big Bad Brad whipping the boys into shape. They'll have never been fitter.

Scoey

Tony Shaw (54)
Yeah it's pretty annoying that we have a team full of such great players but we're so fucking useless with them at the moment. Then when we may have a half decent coach some of the better players will be gone.

TheBigDog

Nev Cottrell (35)
Look at the bright side Scoey - guys like Kerevi, Kuridrani, Magnay, Frisby and Browning are all <25 and hopefully sticking around for a while. They'll be better after a season of adversity.

Scrubber2050

Mark Ella (57)
Yeah it's pretty annoying that we have a team full of such great players but we're so fucking useless with them at the moment. Then when we may have a half decent coach some of the better players will be gone.

Jeez thats harsh Scoey.

This is about the first week we taken the field with nearly our full side (except for Simmo and Gilly - potential good player Hunt)

Happy to review performance tomorrow

Lee Grant

John Eales (66)
Staff member
Any budding writers out there want to do a match report of the Reds v Lions game tonight?

I think all the Reds' writers are going to the ground and want to have a few ales.

Send me a convo ASAP please.

The Red Baron

Chilla Wilson (44)
It makes me wonder if he is the Arnold Rimmer of the coaching fraternity and ultimately his brain just wont let him succeed. Perhaps the game plans are not working because the players are having trouble interpreting four hundred lines of "I am a fish.".

I wish we had Ace Rimmer as a coach. What a guy!

Status
Not open for further replies.