• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Reds 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.

hammertimethere

Trevor Allan (34)
Yep that's the point I raised in the biomechanics and overcompensation.. It actually has a name in 'trauma reflex'. Your injured side of the body might be good to go, but the uninjured side which has learnt to overcompensate and take up the slack is still in a more heightened and tense state, which is good for rehab but not good for impact sports . It's more prevalent and obvious in lower limb injuries but still relevant to upper body injuries and rehabilitation.

Maybe it was purely a coincidence, but studies do indicate that trauma reflex can play a big part in injuring the opposing side of the body when coming back from injury.. Its not just opposing sides, if someone injures an ankle it has direct correlation to subsequent back and hip injuries..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Given the circumstances of both injuries I'd say it's probably more to do with his front on tackling technique I.e committed but usually impacting around the mid section with flailing arms etc.

emuarse

Desmond Connor (43)
Sneaky word that on Monday staff meeting RG (the man with the last word apparently) declared that JOC (James O'Connor) was going to move into FH with Hunt returning for the match...

'Consultant' JC countered with a 'well that's not happening'.

If what you say happened then that really says a hell of a lot regarding who really is in charge of the reds coaching, no matter how much its glossed over.

Parse

Bill Watson (15)
^^^^ well you know what these Canberran's are like, either politicians or inbreds. or is that the same thing? :)

(TIC, no offense intended to persons of ACT origin)

T

TOCC

Hendrik Tui is back training with the squad and could be back next week

B

Bobby Sands

remember to consider the entire season. He was very good this week but when it comes to retaining players you have to consider the entire season.

If we demand this when it comes to coaches then we need to demand it from players.

Just like last night by itself should not influence the futere of CFS we need to be assured that a one off win will not save RG

Also remember that he has always been a right winger, but has been played as a blindside winger. I would imagine to replicate Digby. Fact is, he isn't Digby and Knuckles changed his wing straight away.

Jets

Paul McLean (56)
Staff member
Also players shouldn't be treated like a coach. They come in and out of form for a variety of reasons. It's the coaches job to get the best out of them on a regular basis. I think if players are starting to show some form they should be considered for retention. Especially if they are being played in different positions by the coach. Even if it's playing on the opposite wing.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

No4918

John Hipwell (52)
Ant Fainga'a in a bad way after his last concussion. Everyone is by now well aware of the danger but it will never be nice to read about.

Article from yesterday but will post for anyone else that missed it.
http://www.foxsports.com.au/rugby/q...after-head-knock/story-e6frf4pu-1227362065530

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
Ant Fainga'a in a bad way after his last concussion. Everyone is by now well aware of the danger but it will never be nice to read about.

Article from yesterday but will post for anyone else that missed it.
http://www.foxsports.com.au/rugby/q...after-head-knock/story-e6frf4pu-1227362065530

Surely that article is about Saia, not Ant. Headline says Hooker while the text refers to his ankle tackling technique.

RedsHappy

Tony Shaw (54)
Chibba H off to the Rebels

As I mentioned yesterday, there are huge issues of motivation and morale inside the Reds team. To lose Chibba is a serious blow to the Reds IMO.

Edit: Chibba said:

"While I have loved every minute I have had playing for the Reds, I believe Melbourne is the best place for me to continue to play and progress with my rugby," Hanson said. "I have aspirations to achieve success at both a club and international level, and I am confident that I will be able to realise these by moving to Melbourne and joining the Rebels. While my immediate focus is finishing the season well with the Reds, I am genuinely excited about the opportunity at the Rebels over the next few years."

http://aru.rugby.com.au/News/NewsAr...15316/Wallabies-hooker-signs-with-Rebels.aspx

RedsHappy

Tony Shaw (54)
RG has late today said re Chibba's going that 'it was always going to be hard to keep he and Saia'.

Good that the HC is 'philosophical' about the loss, that certainly cheered me up.

Rugger Mate

Allen Oxlade (6)
I think a bit part of his decision would also be the opportunity to cement the starting position in Melbourne, something he has never been able to achieve in QLD

TOCC was this the player you were talking about leaving the Reds . Think Hanson will fit into the rebels and he may just be the first to officially announce his intentions to leave the Reds rabble

Status
Not open for further replies.