• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Reds 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scoey

Tony Shaw (54)
9 Genia
10 Cooper
11 Feauai Sautia/Turner
12 Tapuai
13 Feauai Sautia/Kerevi
14 O'Connor
15 Hunt

That back line will get some oppositions thinking just a little bit. Still have guys like Ant, Lucas, Frisby and possibly Turner on the bench.
You're a bit hard to please if you don't like that set up I reckon! ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

T

Tip

I want hunt to play 13 for the reds. He strikes me as the skilled, reliable and competitive 13 the Reds need with kerevi, CFS and JO'C outside him. Taps is 12 coz left pegs are a priceless commodity.

Scoey

Tony Shaw (54)
I want hunt to play 13 for the reds. He strikes me as the skilled, reliable and competitive 13 the Reds need with kerevi, CFS and JO'C outside him. Taps is 12 coz left pegs are a priceless commodity.

Erm...... I am but a humble lock but I don't think you have that many guys playing outside of an outside centre not that I ever paid that much attention to what the Jessica's do mind you. ;)

I'm kidding of course. I know what you mean but I couldn't help it. We've finally got a couple of guys that play 13 well in Chris and Samu so let's just put Special K where we don't really have anyone, at 15.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

T

Tip

I really want to see an aus back line of
Genia, Cooper, JO'C, To'omua, Hunt, Speight, Izzy for the WC and realistically Hunt needs to play a whole season at outside to do this.

T

Train Without a Station

You'd be the only one. Whilst I'm sure Hunt would be an adequate 13 he's too small and not quick enough.

USARugger

John Thornett (49)
It's alot of money, more than I had hoped or even realised possible based on my earlier posts. But it has to be a good thing. If we get both we have nabbed to the two most talented players available on the market, one could even argue that they were not even in the market.

I'm over the moon that we have Special K. That alleged bill just makes me wonder how the fuck we are going to pay for a reliable ball runner in the forwards if we're supposedly picking up JOC (James O'Connor) as well.

If Richard's recruitment policy proves to be flash over substance we are properly screwed.

T

Tip

You'd be the only one. Whilst I'm sure Hunt would be an adequate 13 he's too small and not quick enough.
When he was playing 12/13 for Biarittz he nudged the 100kg mark. Now he's shed his tree trunks and weighs In at 88. He'll be no smaller or slower than Conrad Smith after a solid preseason with no cardio

Gnostic

Mark Ella (57)
I'm over the moon that we have Special K. That alleged bill just makes me wonder how the fuck we are going to pay for a reliable ball runner in the forwards if we're supposedly picking up JOC (James O'Connor) as well.

If Richard's recruitment policy proves to be flash over substance we are properly screwed.

Flashy marketing opportunities will not make up for the major flaws that were identified very early on in the Reds 2014 campaign. If RG cannot get his shit together good enough to address those issues over an entire season, securing the services of two outside backs will make not one iota of difference.

The Reds remain lean in the back row, second row and at THP since they lost Owen.

T

Tip

Can't blame the Reds for not recruiting a THP yet.. there's no great ones coming off contract at the other franchises so why not wait and see what talent the Nrc throws up?

Same can be said of the big backrower, especially since Aelua said no and stayed with the brumbies so its not like they can be accused of not identifying weaknesses and acting on it.

T

tranquility

The reason we haven't recruited any props is because he we have some youngins in Paraka and Kite that it appears we will put some time into.

Anyone who is worried about K's size, obviously hasn't seen much of him. His playing weight will be about 100kgs, but it will be his deftness that will be a standout.

I have no dobut he could play 13 very well, I just feel it would be a waste of his skillset.

Intruder

Dave Cowper (27)
I can definitely see him playing 15 but I can't see him excelling at 13. If the Reds have locked him in for 2015 I'd probably lean towards a backline of;

9. Genia
10. QC (Quade Cooper)
11. CFS
12. Hunt
13. Kerevi
14. Turner
15. JOC (James O'Connor)

Big question about Hunts defence but I think he'll be fine once he gets a taste. I'm not expecting miracles out of him in his first season but if he hangs around he could be a similar type player that To'omua has moulded into.

T

Train Without a Station

Hunt was never above 95kg playing NRL and now is in the 80s. If he was exceptional quick I could see him excelling, but he really isn't

Gnostic

Mark Ella (57)
LH - Slipper, Anae, Daley
Hooker - Hanson, Faiingaa??
THP - Holmes, Slipper .........

There will be others in the wider squad I don't have any knowledge of but relying on them as reserves and at some stage starting players is crazy.

TH is a real area of concern for the Reds IMO and they were mad with regard to Owen IMO, a prop that had far more potential at TH than Daley for instance has demonstrated at LH. Also Hooker is a problem if Faiingaa does leave.

No changes that I am aware of have been announced in the second and back rows. Lots of speculation but no hard facts.

Intruder

Dave Cowper (27)
Sooo...

LH: Slipper, Daley
TH: Holmes

Leaving: Anae, Owen

That's a big area that needs sorting out immediately

T

Train Without a Station

Gnostic,

Yes Owen was a loss but let's not get too carried away with his potential. He had been with at least two Super Rugby teams prior and let go before coming to the Reds. He had failed to cement a consistent bench spot until he arrived at the Reds.

He is also now 28. It's about that time when a player can't really be recruited on potential any more.

Status
Not open for further replies.