• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Reds 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

Train Without a Station

Turner not being offered a contract shows the poor leadership from the coaching staff. He was one of our best performers in 2015 so imagine what the bloke would be capable of in a good structure.

Instead to offset the failings of coaches they want to replace him with somebody who makes miracles plays instead.

neilc

Bob Loudon (25)
Turner not being offered a contract shows the poor leadership from the coaching staff. He was one of our best performers in 2015 so imagine what the bloke would be capable of in a good structure.

Instead to offset the failings of coaches they want to replace him with somebody who makes miracles plays instead.

Agreed that it is not a good decision. Who is the miracle play replacement?

Ruggo

Mark Ella (57)
In a crap season we still had some players putting in quality performances week in, week out. Hanson, Thomson and Turner would probably be in the top 5 I reckon. Gill, Kerevi & Holmes being other notables.
I get Hanson but still wish we could've kept him but Turner and Thomson wanted to stay and we showed them the door.
I just don't understand that LACK OF thinking.

I fixed that one up for you Scoey. Thompson had a good year and is an incredibly diverse player but we kept Tui who played fark all. Who is the next big thing that will replace Turner? Without Cooper he is the one with the rugby brain that needed to be kept?

Do these morons use any logic because fark they are incompetent?

T

Train Without a Station

Ruggo, Tui is a Japanese import so he's an extra squad member. The only player he prevents us from signing is another Japanese player.

T

TOCC

Yeah all Australian teams are allowed a Japanese import which doesn't count towards the squad.. I think most Australian teams took up the option in 2015, but only one or two actually played

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

liquor box

Greg Davis (50)
I think JOC (James O'Connor) and Hunt offer more chance of improving that Lachie, we need to move forward and improve our squad.

Ruggo

Mark Ella (57)
Ruggo, Tui is a Japanese import so he's an extra squad member. The only player he prevents us from signing is another Japanese player.

I don't give a shit. He was a bad investment yet he remains. Thompson was a good investment and is gone despite being willing to stay. Same with turner. They pull out of trying to keep the player that is the linch pin of the playing group yet they keep one who offered nothing.

I can't help but think Ballymore is run by 11 toed inbreads with a single digit IQ.

Highlander35

Andrew Slack (58)
Weird comment. In the 2 games he was actually fit for he played well. And it's not as if it's a personal or scouting failure, the injury was a broken leg, not something you could predict or prevent..

T

TOCC

I don't give a shit. He was a bad investment yet he remains. Thompson was a good investment and is gone despite being willing to stay. Same with turner. They pull out of trying to keep the player that is the linch pin of the playing group yet they keep one who offered nothing.
Do you think he was a bad investment because he was out injured or because of his actual performances?
I thought in the very limited playing time he had that he displayed some good form.

gel

Ken Catchpole (46)
I thought he was pretty ordinary actually.

Pretty understandable given how long he was out injured for.

Ruggo

Mark Ella (57)
Do you think he was a bad investment because he was out injured or because of his actual performances?
I thought in the very limited playing time he had that he displayed some good form.

Both but it not entirely fair to hold the quality of performance against him after limited time from serious injury. What I believe is we should of kept Thompson over him.

I also resent the playing roster becoming a turnstile when the only one that needs to be cast aside clings onto his job which he hasn't competently performed in let alone excel in. Is their a Reds fan out there that doesn't share that sentiment?

T

Train Without a Station

Ruggo they would not keep Thomson over Tui. One is a marquee which we are limited to one of. The other is a Japanese import.'we could only replace Tui with another Japanese player.

RedsHappy

Tony Shaw (54)
Re Tui - at the very least and most generous surely the right conclusion would be that on the small number of minutes he played in Red it is impossible to objectively asses his value or form.

For Super 18 rugby, he must at this time be classed as 'likely performance outcomes for Reds 2016 unknown'.

But, heck, we assessed K Hunt as a superstar in the making and Reds VC material on zero minutes of Super rugby, so who I am to know?

Ruggo

Mark Ella (57)
Ruggo they would not keep Thomson over Tui. One is a marquee which we are limited to one of. The other is a Japanese import.'we could only replace Tui with another Japanese player.

I get that but he isn't volunteering his services and the resources to keep him could be better used. We had the option to keep Thompson another year and we have squandered that.

I am sure they want to free up the marquee player spot to band aid another recruiting stuff up by pulling out on Cooper. It is all systematic of the short sighted attitude by the Reds recruitment and admin.

Strewthcobber

Mark Ella (57)
I am sure they want to free up the marquee player spot to band aid another recruiting stuff up by pulling out on Cooper. It is all systematic of the short sighted attitude by the Reds recruitment and admin.
they pulled out if negotiations with QC (Quade Cooper) because he wanted to play 7s next year - leaving the reds without a first class 10 whether they signed him or not.

Surely the last year has shown we need to do whatever it takes to get a good 10 rather than keep the status quo

I'm no fan of the reds administration but the last few posts criticising them have been very strange

pjm

Billy Sheehan (19)
I get that but he isn't volunteering his services and the resources to keep him could be better used. We had the option to keep Thompson another year and we have squandered that.

Thompson didn't leave due to lack of cash though.

Status
Not open for further replies.