• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Reds 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

Marcelo

Ken Catchpole (46)
How much is the cost of the new jersey? Something like 200 bucks?

I'm not sure if I must buy the new jersey or a new house

gel

Ken Catchpole (46)
How much is the cost of the new jersey? Something like 200 bucks?

I'm not sure if I must buy the new jersey or a new house
160, so it's actually only that or a unit.

Does this jersey have the silicon thingies and stuff on it? I haven't seen anything yet on what the million dollars development has gone into.

(Same price for years now give or take a dollar or two)

Tangawizi

Peter Fenwicke (45)
Jerseys are on Reds website for $160 plus you get 10% off as a member.

Just noticed on BLK website they've uploaded a "Pre-Season" jersey. Don't think we've ever had a pre-season shirt before Maybe it will be popular with all the QueeNZlanders around town.

http://www.blksport.com/pro-teams-r...ca-jersey-pre-season-2016-qrjr416gnm?nav=5863
Reds Preseason Jersey.jpg

dru

Tim Horan (67)
We dont want to be sitting where we are at the moment. We want to do better than where we've been.

As a statement, or using something similar, from Cheika that is a powerful statement. When the theme is stolen and subverted by RG, there is kinda this missing element. Like NOT having just taken a team to a final (let alone the RWC).

Better than we have been. Come on, think it through and try to stop your blood boil.

OK Ive made a couple of errors.
1. Promising to do my best not to continue the RG rant. Jeez, cant apologise enough, but right now my best is right there with RG performance.
2. After a long time steering clear of the Reds promo material I dived headlong into the story tonight. Man.

So the fans were asked to name their favourite all time Reds. And the response had my eyes glazed Red, the obvious party line photo-shopping out major names. Red flag to a bull.

OK here's a couple from me:
Higgenbotham
Horwill
Digbie
Hell I didnt even have to say the QC (Quade Cooper) name.

Let me know if you cant pick the theme. I'll keep it going.

STILL, you have to try and get into the hype. So here's some "Daley" (do good).

Ballymore kid was an awesome programme and total 10/10 on the result.
In fact the on-going tacit support to the NRC is palpable and a very good thing. Reds quite literally are leaders here.
I'm in with the promo on our front row, even if Slipper's surgery wasnt mentioned.
I'm in with the promo on Neville. God I'd like another top filght lock to fight for starting positions but you cant blame the Reds for Douglas injury.
We (like much of the rest of Aus) seem to simply breed loose forwards. We have Gill and I'll take my chances after that. Pity about Thomson but I'll take my chances.
Our outside backs, hmm I'd really like another experienced wisened elder out here, one more than finger, but its an impressive, if young and/or inexperienced crew. So I'm almost, but not quite, with the promo.
Goromaru, good buy. Exciting. Could raise fan excitement the way that Sailor used to.
Stiles good. Very good.
O'Conner OK, lets just hope he has more in his armory than forward pods, but no complaints.
Damian Marsh, Reds just dont sing this blokes name enough, the only true cutting edge at international level in the staffing squad. 16/10.
Lillicrap. Really? OK he has his supporters, I'm just not one.

Herbert and Cordingly, cant answer this one, but my expectations are low.

So actually that was an interesting experience! Once the Red mist settles (following RG saying something, even "good morning", I just have mist and steam and boiling blood), there is a lot to be excited about!!!

[We want to do better than we've been. Red_mist. Lets hope that in RG's inevitable strive to stuff up everything, that Stiles, O'Conner hell anyone, manages to hold together the heads of our up'n'comers.]

But yes I found things to be enthusiastic about. :)

we are red

Teh Other Dave

Alan Cameron (40)
Can't say I've ever felt right wearing a Queensland jersey. Despite them being a 'franchise', I still think of them as the state team, and the jersey as something to be earned. Sorry, gripe over, I'll stop being a wet blanket and wear the supporter's polo instead.

Jets

Paul McLean (56)
Staff member
Jerseys are on Reds website for $160 plus you get 10% off as a member.

Just noticed on BLK website they've uploaded a "Pre-Season" jersey. Don't think we've ever had a pre-season shirt before Maybe it will be popular with all the QueeNZlanders around town.

http://www.blksport.com/pro-teams-r...ca-jersey-pre-season-2016-qrjr416gnm?nav=5863 View attachment 7297

I guess the million dollar investment by BLK went into the idea of having three different coloured jerseys. Seems to be a black theme for 2016 with the warm up shirt being black too.

Marcelo

Ken Catchpole (46)

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
when I worked at the QRU back in 1995/96 and the 'Reds' were born whilst still wearing maroon jerseys, it was made clear that no they were actually wearing "Cardinal Red" and not maroon.

T

TOCC

The away jersey is blue (well navy to be precise). The preseason jersey is the gunmetal one.

I know the wording on the website says 'away' jersey, but i hope like previous seasons that the blue jersey is just an 'alternate' jersey and only used when there are clashes.

Tangawizi

Peter Fenwicke (45)
I think we'll have more jerseys next year than ever before.

Pre-season, Home, Away (which will probably only get a run vs the Crusaders), Ladies Round Pink Jersey, Anzac Jersey, Indigenous Jersey, Scrum Jersey & Superhero jersey.

Possibly a training jersey too.

Do SANZAR legislate on a maximum number of jerseys per season? If not, maybe they should.

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

MarkJ

Bob Loudon (25)
Do SANZAR legislate on a maximum number of jerseys per season? If not, maybe they should.

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

According to this article teams are allowed to have 4:

"Super Rugby allows teams to have only four designs. The Brumbies will go in with a blue main strip, a yellow alternate jersey and a likely Anzac Day strip."

http://www.canberratimes.com.au/rugby-union/union-news/brumbies-jersey-20151202-gldc4v.html#ixzz3tCmdvRCL

Though I guess pre-season and training jerseys wouldn't be counted in that figure, only what's worn in official matches

Status
Not open for further replies.