• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Reds 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

TOCC

Yes its good, but before I start getting sanctimonious my mind wanders on to QC (Quade Cooper).
Yep and I thought that was slack and warranted all the criticism it received if not more.

Holmes is probably my favourite player and hope he gets the send off he deserves.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mudskipper

Colin Windon (37)
Also, dear Brumbies CEO, this is how you farewell a departing player:

"Queensland Rugby Union Executive General Manager - Reds, Daniel Herbert, paid tribute to Holmes as a player and a man and said he would be leaving the Reds with the blessing of the organisation and all its followers.

"Greg has been one of the Reds' unsung heroes over the last decade and holds a special place within Queensland Rugby," he said.

"He has helped inspire a new generation of Rugby fans this year as part of the Wallabies side that reached the Rugby World Cup final. His test recall at the age of 32 is testament to his work ethic. "

Indeed and you only get one chance to say it... and the Brumbies CEO Jones blew it and looked like a cheated school girl... pity Moore has been great for the Brumbies. I look forward to watching him play again this year for the last time as a legendary Brumby...

liquor box

Greg Davis (50)
QC (Quade Cooper) would have got a similar send off if he left in the same circumstances. It was a very long drawn out will he or wont he so I am not surprised how it turned out.

I guess Tongan THOR has a lot to do in the next year. I wonder if he will see some game time this season?

Ignoto

John Thornett (49)
Yep and I thought that was slack and warranted all the criticism it received if not more.

Respect goes both ways. Quade's management didn't treat the organisation or it's fans with a shred of it by the whole "will he, won't he" stunts. Ultimately, they were the reason behind his fizzling 'departure'.

I also can't recall Quade actually being in Queensland prior to the 'final' announcement coming out. My memory is a bit hazy about it, but didn't the Reds finally pull out just before or after the Wallabies went into camp?

Will and Kev both got the send-off's they deserved so you can't say the organisation is botching thanking their staff when 3 of the 4 biggest departures have been properly farewelled.

On the otherhand, Beeaauuuuuuu Robinson is a guy I wished we got to thank. He's been a huge character both on and off the field and one we surely need to be thanking.

Intruder

Dave Cowper (27)
Holmes is a big loss but with the talent coming through at THP. The Reds are in good hands, let's not forget for a long time.

Talakai 23
Faagase 23
Tupou 20

The Reds will have some options moving forward which is very encouraging to say the least. Holmes will be missed, a great servant to QLD Rugby. Hoping for a great last season in Red.

dru

Tim Horan (67)
QC (Quade Cooper) would have got a similar send off if he left in the same circumstances. It was a very long drawn out will he or wont he so I am not surprised how it turned out.

So if at the start of 2015, injured, Quade had just said, fuck you RG I'm out next year... He would have had a send off?

In stead he faught through a bad year, said not one bad word against the Reds, but also faught hard for his commercial position and a broader perspective (7s for one)... And "fuck you Quade" is OK?!?

Really really think getting sanctimonious with the Brumbies is BS.

Still, good to see Squeak on his way, and lets give Holmes the send off he desreves.

suckerforred

Chilla Wilson (44)
The age of those guys worries me though............ Holmesy had matured into a bloody good prop & it is rare for such a beast to be born. There is a reason most front rows have an average age of 25+. Slipper is the exception to the rule....

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Good to see Alex Gibbon still around Ballymore. Pics of him today being apart of the Reds pre-season training. A quality player.

T

TOCC

He was rumoured as potentially joining the Reds, but Ben Te'o has signed for Worcester for 2 years.

Highlander35

Andrew Slack (58)
Looking to turn out for Ingerland then. The fact that it's Worcester rather than a Sarries or a Bath, or a French side suggests he'd be serious.

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
^^^^^^^^^^^ qualifies for NZ (birth), Samoa & England (grandparent rule) but would presumably now need to stand down for two years to re-qualify for Australia.

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
Why 2 years WOB? Didn't Henry Speight's case establish that the three year period starts again if a player breaks his residency for any amount of time?

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
where can we see the pictures?

instagram

Funky Gibbon.JPG

Strewthcobber

Mark Ella (57)
Says a bit about the Reds at the moment that the big back page Courier Mail spread and splash on the website

wC3FFZp.jpg

is all based on a 19 year old who hasn't played a game for the team yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.