• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Reds 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

I like to watch

David Codey (61)
When the same discussion and points are raised on every 5/8 in the past 2 years I begin to wonder whether it's the players fault or the coaching and attacking structures fault.

Paia'aua, Hunt, McIntyre, Greene and Frisby have all received the same criticism for their performance in the 10 jersey in the past 18 months. Heck, even when Quade was starting 5/8 the same issues were evident in the attacking structure.

Sure McIntyre has his faults, but blaming him for the misfiring backline ignores other glaring issues, and expecting that dropping him for another equally rookie fly-half will result in any kind of improvement again ignores the outstanding structural issues in the backline.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Duncan P, a 20yo who hadn't played the game for 2 years,and never played against men.
K Hunt, hadn't played the code for 5 years,and when he did,predominantly in other positions.
McIntyre, we've covered his performance..lnot good enough
Greene, untested.
Frisby,the understudy 9, playing out of position.
All of them can be considered left field selections,and unlikely to succeed.

Isn't it likely that clueless coach,with crap systems,will also fuck up his recruitment in critical positions?

Sully

Tim Horan (67)
Staff member
Yep, too much of a mouthfull to repeat each time. To be fair, when we are talking attack it means MOC.
Or you could say 'coaches' and then we'd know what you were talking about.

Sent from my D5833 using Tapatalk

T

TOCC

Duncan P, a 20yo who hadn't played the game for 2 years,and never played against men.
K Hunt, hadn't played the code for 5 years,and when he did,predominantly in other positions.
McIntyre, we've covered his performance..lnot good enough
Greene, untested.
Frisby,the understudy 9, playing out of position.
All of them can be considered left field selections,and unlikely to succeed.

Isn't it likely that clueless coach,with crap systems,will also fuck up his recruitment in critical positions?

And Quade Cooper, 100 Super Rugby caps, 50 test caps, partnered with Genia for a decade etc... Also failed to fire in the same structure

Sure recruitment is a factor, but structure is a massive issue which exacerbates the issue further.

dru

Tim Horan (67)
Ther
Or you could say 'coaches' and then we'd know what you were talking about.

Sent from my D5833 using Tapatalk

In the past I said "HC" because it means a bit more than "coach". Reds changed it up, all I'm doing is running with it.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
Goromaru has left the Reds and is joining the Sunwolves.

Expected to play for them next weekend.

That was short lived!

(I guess we need to be a little careful this isn't an April Fools prank from the Sunwolves.)

Rugrat

Darby Loudon (17)
Recruitment is a huge problem for the Reds. Recruitment of coaching personnel is just as important as getting the players. The thought process that the CEO must be involved in the process of coach selection highlights the bullshit that emanates from QRU land. What the hell did Jim Carmichael know about rugby that would have him have a say. We don't even know who will be the new Reds CEO and is part of that job description/skill set Rugby experience so they can actually add value to that Coaching decision. If it is that's a mistake. When Dick was hired the spin doctors advised that Link would move into a Director of Rugby role. When Link left that role dissappeared. Now we have a general manager of rugby let him get on with it and finalise a coaching structure. Recruitment wise. Cordingly has been a failure in that role. But what direction and or budget did he have to work with and what stupid rules self inflicted by the Aru do we have to operate within. I look at a guy like Nems at the crusaders as a classic example. He played his school rugby QLD played colts at Sunnybank, didn't get a chance at the Reds went to Randwich then NSW then offshore. He wasn't ready then but he sure is now. Bet he is classified as a foreign player now because he represented Fiji and is unavailable to the wallabies. Classic bullshit. Those are the guys we should be tracking for a return to the Reds. We seem to be constantly focused on development and recruiting 18 year olds. It is ridiculous. Look at Holmsey, he is playing the best rugby of his life and he is considered the old man of the team. Props only get better with age but our recruitment is based on lads straight out of school. our international recruits are from Japan! Seriously we need big men yet we recruit from Japan in positions where we have heaps of talent! Seriously wonder how these guys get jobs. Sam Cordingly our recruitment guy went straight rom reserve half at the rebels to 1 year as assistant recruitment at the rebels to the top job here. Zero experience in contract negotiations, zero experience in overseas development network contacts. Why is he In that role?

Scrubber2050

Mark Ella (57)
Recruitment is a huge problem for the Reds. Recruitment of coaching personnel is just as important as getting the players. The thought process that the CEO must be involved in the process of coach selection highlights the bullshit that emanates from QRU land. What the hell did Jim Carmichael know about rugby that would have him have a say. We don't even know who will be the new Reds CEO and is part of that job description/skill set Rugby experience so they can actually add value to that Coaching decision. If it is that's a mistake. When Dick was hired the spin doctors advised that Link would move into a Director of Rugby role. When Link left that role dissappeared. Now we have a general manager of rugby let him get on with it and finalise a coaching structure. Recruitment wise. Cordingly has been a failure in that role. But what direction and or budget did he have to work with and what stupid rules self inflicted by the Aru do we have to operate within. I look at a guy like Nems at the crusaders as a classic example. He played his school rugby QLD played colts at Sunnybank, didn't get a chance at the Reds went to Randwich then NSW then offshore. He wasn't ready then but he sure is now. Bet he is classified as a foreign player now because he represented Fiji and is unavailable to the wallabies. Classic bullshit. Those are the guys we should be tracking for a return to the Reds. We seem to be constantly focused on development and recruiting 18 year olds. It is ridiculous. Look at Holmsey, he is playing the best rugby of his life and he is considered the old man of the team. Props only get better with age but our recruitment is based on lads straight out of school. our international recruits are from Japan! Seriously we need big men yet we recruit from Japan in positions where we have heaps of talent! Seriously wonder how these guys get jobs. Sam Cordingly our recruitment guy went straight rom reserve half at the rebels to 1 year as assistant recruitment at the rebels to the top job here. Zero experience in contract negotiations, zero experience in overseas development network contacts. Why is he In that role?

I agree with your last question but unfortunately I don't have an answer. I raised this some time ago - particularly Cordingly.

I've said before about the lads leaving school. Cordingly seems to pick the biggest strongest lads at that time (and generally they are Pacific Islander heritage boys) without considerations of many other talents/dedication/cultural/mental steel/ family support money issues/ or the will to be successful/the ability to grow thru training/team culture or individualism blah blah.

It was interesting that Mr Kearns (who I generally don't agree with) raised similar issues on Rugby 360.

Its an interesting discussion point

pjm

Billy Sheehan (19)
Cordingly was an average player at the best of times, what did people expect in this role? Just another job for another old boy.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
What does Cordingley's playing ability have to do with his ability to do his job with the Reds?

His job title seems to be the General Manager of Rugby Operations.

It seems like he was still at the Rebels when they recruited Sean McMahon.

Which young Qld players that the Reds should have signed have they missed out on since (and who have they signed instead)?

What makes you think he is the one making the recruitment decisions in terms of experienced players? Surely that falls far more to the coaching staff.

Scrubber2050

Mark Ella (57)
What does Cordingley's playing ability have to do with his ability to do his job with the Reds?

His job title seems to be the General Manager of Rugby Operations.

It seems like he was still at the Rebels when they recruited Sean McMahon.

Which young Qld players that the Reds should have signed have they missed out on since (and who have they signed instead)?

What makes you think he is the one making the recruitment decisions in terms of experienced players? Surely that falls far more to the coaching staff.

To me his playing ability has nothing to do with talent identification.

The Broncos has an old bloke named Cyril Connell (i think) who scoured the State for young players. I don't remember if he was a great player or not but he certainly identified a lot of guys who made it to the top.

I know he (Cordingly) was personally involved in a lot of contract negotiations with players that ended up leaving the franchise. His attitude, demeanor and general inter- personal skills were just terrible.

pjm

Billy Sheehan (19)
He had the same demeanor as a player. Always looking angry and with poor communication to other players. Small man syndrome

Status
Not open for further replies.