• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Reds 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
That was always the case? When he signed with the Reds it said he was coming back to Toulon after the RWC.

Scoey

Tony Shaw (54)
No he signed a two year deal with the Reds. Mourad has always maintained that he would only be in Brisbane for one season though. It's the million dollar question what exactly his intentions are though.

GaffaCHinO

Peter Sullivan (51)
The reason the force stopped negotiations with JOC (James O'Connor) was because the club wanted a 2 year commitment but JOC (James O'Connor) would only sign a 1 year contract. Was then surprised he signed a 2 year deal with the reds but it then became interesting when Toulon claimed he was heading back after the RwC. Just what he wanted out of a 1 year contract when in talk with the force. will be interesting to see what happens. Will show what sort of a bloke he is.

Scoey

Tony Shaw (54)
Spot on Gaffa. Either way he is going to burn a bridge you'd think. The smart money would say that he will burn the lower paying bridge. Ie S15.

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
It was widely suspected that JOC (James O'Connor) had signed a two year deal with the Reds but with a get out clause if he didn't make the Wallabies/RWC. Certainly will be interesting to see how it pans out.

Ignoto

John Thornett (49)
Well, at this stage he hasn't YET done enough to make the RWC side.

By side, do you refer to the starting 15 or does it include the pine riders? While James hasn't been pushing to be the first name on the list. As a reserve or guy close to the match day squad, I can't think of many guys who can cover the 11, 14 and 15 roles.

If, god forbid Izzy gets injured, I'm struggling to think of a guy who jumps out to say he should take the 15 jersey (Mogg has struggled at the international level and is grossly inexperienced going into a WC).

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
At least one of JOC (James O'Connor) and KB (Kurtley Beale) will be in the RWC squad and it won't be based on their 2015 form. It will be based on the 90 odd tests they have between them and their ability to break a game open.

I really can't see Cheika leaving both of them behind.

Jamie

Watty Friend (18)
I know the Reds have been poor this year and RG has a lot to answer for (Playing Frisby at 10) but JOC (James O'Connor) has been really disappointing this year, if he does leave it is likely the last time he will play Super Rugby as no other Aus team will touch him.

I have a real problem with these "1 year here" "6 months there" contracts, I don't think the payers are mentally committed, For example Nick Cummings, he has been absolute crap and does not deserve to go to the WC.

I specially hate this “If I don’t get picked I’m off attitude”

Strewthcobber

Mark Ella (57)
It's little to do with mental and almost everything to do with having barely any rest period during the year.

Rocky Elsom was the prototype and the ARU should have cut the head off that hydra right then and there - 20/20 hindsight and all that.
Instead of say, specifically designing contracts so our best players spend their off season in Japan?

T

TOCC

You should really be asking yourself why should he be the wallaby fullback, firstly he rarely plays in that position, how many times has he played there since he has been at Toulon? Even when he did, he was caught out with poor positioning, average under the high ball and a pretty poor kicking game...

Drew Mitchell was a very good wing in his day, he has had indifferent form since he went north and now people are grasping at one YouTube video as justification as to why he should be called back into the Wallabies... Watch more of games rather then a 15 second highlight, Drew isn't the answer to the Wallabies selection puzzle..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.