• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Reds 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scoey

Tony Shaw (54)
Because it's a bye week and it's hard to get some banter going, and well I don't really want to do any work or study, I thought I'd have a look at which Australian franchise is doing best where it counts.

Some may say that competition points is the best metric to judge success by, others may be a bit more left field and be inclined to use tries scored as proof etc. Well lets be honest, the number of pages in the GaGR forums is the best indicator of a team's awesomeness. So here we go....

5th. Force - 19 pages and 372 posts.
4th. Brumbies - 69 (snigger) pages and 1379 posts.
3rd. Rebels - 72 pages and 1423 posts.
2nd. Waratahs - 85 pages and 1664 posts.

And waaaaaaay out in front is everyone's favourite team.....

1st. Reds - 300 fucking pages and 5982 posts. Boom!

Suck on that, everyone else! Obviously now we should change the colour scheme of this place to Red and White and the podcast should be 96% Reds chat with 1% dedicated to each of the other four also-rans. Reg, can we make this happen?

liquor box

Greg Davis (50)
Like the Leroy signing - strengthens backrow bigtime.

When last at the reds I think Fitness was always a problem. Hopefully he can adjust from NH rugby to SH rugby, and very quickly.

Think Shatz was up for renewal this year and it will be interesting to see if he re-signs.

having a new head coach should help motivate for fitness, not to mention having Thorn with with the team

Intruder

Dave Cowper (27)
The Rebels have signed Japanese #8 Amanaki Mafi and are looking to re sign Thompson. No room in Melbourne for Schatz however Sydney remains an option?

swingpass

Peter Sullivan (51)
Swap for McMahon.

you won't have too he is already signed for 2018 isn't he !

anyway the SouthernWestern ForcefulRebels (based in Adelaide or Western Sydney) will not need him at that stage. They will become the feeder team to all the other important franchises.

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
I congrat the Reds' fans. They always have an interesting thread to follow. No self-aggrandisement but generally lots of optimism and positiveness in the face of adversity.

On topic, I remember the video of Daniel Ricciardo in his F1 Red Bull facing off against the Bath scrum (and losing). Bath, of course, is where Leroy Houston is returning from. That video also showed the training facilities at Bath. Leroy will think it is a long way down from that I think.

Gnostic

Mark Ella (57)
Because it's a bye week and it's hard to get some banter going, and well I don't really want to do any work or study, I thought I'd have a look at which Australian franchise is doing best where it counts.

Some may say that competition points is the best metric to judge success by, others may be a bit more left field and be inclined to use tries scored as proof etc. Well lets be honest, the number of pages in the GaGR forums is the best indicator of a team's awesomeness. So here we go..

5th. Force - 19 pages and 372 posts.

4th. Brumbies - 69 (snigger) pages and 1379 posts.

3rd. Rebels - 72 pages and 1423 posts.

2nd. Waratahs - 85 pages and 1664 posts.

And waaaaaaay out in front is everyone's favourite team...

1st. Reds - 300 fucking pages and 5982 posts. Boom!

Suck on that, everyone else! Obviously now we should change the colour scheme of this place to Red and White and the podcast should be 96% Reds chat with 1% dedicated to each of the other four also-rans. Reg, can we make this happen?

So here is the reason for re-signing Richard Graham....

Remove posts about him, or referencing him because of the state of the play and how many posts are made?

Sword of Justice

Vay Wilson (31)
I congrat the Reds' fans. They always have an interesting thread to follow. No self-aggrandisement but generally lots of optimism and positiveness in the face of adversity.

On topic, I remember the video of Daniel Ricciardo in his F1 Red Bull facing off against the Bath scrum (and losing). Bath, of course, is where Leroy Houston is returning from. That video also showed the training facilities at Bath. Leroy will think it is a long way down from that I think.

what?

Sully

Tim Horan (67)
Staff member
RADIO industry boss Richard Barker is the frontrunner to take over as the new chief executive of the Queensland Rugby Union.
Barker fits the bill with his strong rugby pedigree and track record for decision-making in fast-paced radio-land, where he is the general manager of Southern Cross Austereo.
http://www.foxsports.com.au/rugby/r...37390b2590975cd8728841214c9ea?from=public_rss
I have visions of Black Thunders on the sideline giving away icy cold cans of drink and commentary by Davo, Shazza and Higgsy.

Status
Not open for further replies.