• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Reds 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

TOCC

Sure
but what is it exactly ?
Does anyone know ?

It's in line with NAIDOC Week.. Probably the nations foremost week for celebrating, honouring and recognising Aboriginal and Torres Straight culture in this country.

And its not just the Reds, some of the QPR teams also host indigenous round.

kiap

Steve Williams (59)
There's a photo of it in his biography. this is the best photo that I could get of it:

View attachment 8108
Nice work!

Closer look at the arachnid plates:

INMLc80.jpg

Scrubber2050

Mark Ella (57)
It's in line with NAIDOC Week.. Probably the nations foremost week for celebrating, honouring and recognising Aboriginal and Torres Straight culture in this country.

And its not just the Reds, some of the QPR teams also host indigenous round.

It is a shame our game cannot attract more aboriginal lads to our game. Suppose Mungo and that other game have a big head start

USARugger

John Thornett (49)
Well, this thread is going places. Weird places.

Digging for positives here after the game but my lord did Frisby put in one hell of a defensive shift for a halfback. How many try saving tackles did he pull off, 5 or 6? There was a stanza on our line where he was the tackler for 3 or so hits in a row - one of them being stopping a Mann-Rea run close to the ruck dead in it's tracks.

Our defensive structure is actually fucking shit but I was impressed with the work rate and tenacity Frisby showed on defense tonight.

T

Tip

Just a looked a little further into the Reds season since RG got the flick:
R3: Loss vs Rebels 23-25
R4: Draw vs Blues 25-25
R5: Loss vs Tahs 13 - 15
R6: Bye
R7: Win vs Highlanders 28-27
R8: Loss vs Bulls 22 - 41 Score was 22 - 27 at 60 minutes
R9: Loss vs Stormers 22 - 40 Score was 22 -26 at 60 minutes
R10: Win vs Cheetahs 30 - 17
R11: Loss vs Crusaders 5 -38
R12: Loss vs Hurricanes 14- 29 Score was 14 - 17 at 65 minutes
R13: Win vs Sunwolves 35 - 25
So since RG has left we've had 3 wins, a draw, twice pipped at the death by the Tahs & Rebels and lost by 2. The Bulls, Stormers, Hurricanes are all matches that we've dropped off in the last 20.

The Reds have only really had the one pathetic performance against the Crusaders.

I can now add to my little list:
R14: Loss vs Brumbies 43-24 Score was 22 - 17 at 60 minutes.

That's the 4th time this season we've been in it at 60 and let the score blow out. I'd put it down to a lack of experience and personnel. Perhaps there's been a little absence of attack coaching too.

The torpedo

Peter Fenwicke (45)
ITS FINISHED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
ho1aO.gif

Party-Hard-Dance-GIF.gif

redstragic

Alan Cameron (40)
I don't know if I got no fight left in me because life support was turned off long ago and the palliative sedation drugs applied on another clusterfuck Reds season and I will soon return to normal now it is over or my general numbness to all ambition is a bigger personal issue that will require some real introspection.

Either way I can say with absolute certainty, thanks Reds for making me genuinely sick of supporting you. Supporting you has become a real kick in the guts week in week out.

Thanks to Holmesie, Gill, the Fingers, Dales, Schatzie, Caleb and the others leaving, hope you have more success where you are going.

Scrubber2050

Mark Ella (57)
I don't know if I got no fight left in me because life support was turned off long ago and the palliative sedation drugs applied on another clusterfuck Reds season and I will soon return to normal now it is over or my general numbness to all ambition is a bigger personal issue that will require some real introspection.

Either way I can say with absolute certainty, thanks Reds for making me genuinely sick of supporting you. Supporting you has become a real kick in the guts week in week out.

Thanks to Holmesie, Gill, the Fingers, Dales, Schatzie, Caleb and the others leaving, hope you have more success where you are going.

Maybe just go back to Sunnybank.

To me, it was another disappointing season but I remain optimistic of a resurgence next year - as I always do !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.