• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Reds 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

something

Jim Clark (26)
JOC (James O'Connor)'s instagram confirmed he will be playing for Brothers in QPR. Would like to see how his combination with Greene works out.

For mine Greene has grown to be the best fly half in the QPR - wouldn't be unhappy seeing him make the step up to the Reds. They could use his boot

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Genia possibly staying? Fox sports is reporting.

did you read the article or just the headline? Not sure which article you are suggesting, but the one I saw had the click bait headline before saying it was basically just a phase, he realised he loved QLD and would miss the place and family, but Giteau told him everything would be good and now he's happy and looking forward to going over.

Basically.

nick_

Allen Oxlade (6)
FoxSports also have an article saying Leinster want $370,000 fee for Douglas to breach contract...

emuarse

Desmond Connor (43)
Because a player has never left a contract early before. :rolleyes:

If Kane Douglas is playing as well as the reports say in the NH competition, then there is no way Leinster will allow him to walk out of his contract. Solicitors are probably even now sticking their noses in the air sniffing.
Its like the rumours of JOC (James O'Connor) going back to France - a legal feast.

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
I don't know what reports you're reading but they've been pretty critical of his form. It doesn't even matter if Leinster would like to keep him, if Kane wants to go home for personal reasons and Leinster are reasonable they might grant him a release on compassionate grounds.

Gnostic

Mark Ella (57)
If Kane Douglas is playing as well as the reports say in the NH competition, then there is no way Leinster will allow him to walk out of his contract. Solicitors are probably even now sticking their noses in the air sniffing.
Its like the rumours of JOC (James O'Connor) going back to France - a legal feast.

What reports have you been reading? The ones I read weren't that flattering and then he was injured.

There is no doubt that last year under the Chieka plan was his best year by far. I thought and said at the end of last year the Tahs would miss him hugely this year, and regardless of his workrate around the park I still feel the Tahs missed having a genuine jumping second rower to partner Skelton.

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member
From Foxsports .....................

The Reds are in the box seat if he plays in Australia next season but it is up to Douglas to extricate himself from Leinster for that to happen.

Scrubber2050

Mark Ella (57)
On the Genia backflip (possible) I flagged that a week or 2 ago.

Frisby would be nervous. Genia off contract with the Reds. His perdformance over the past 2 or 3 years hasn;'t been very good (on a consistent basis) and he probably doesn't deserve a huge contract.

He is probably the third or fourth best half in the country.

Maybe he would be considered by anoyher franchise at a greater vakue.

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Genia is not backflipping. Reports suggesting he got cold feet, Giteau reaffirmed him and he's now looking forward to going.

emuarse

Desmond Connor (43)
Happy to have Douglas at Ballymore but surely the ARU won't, nor should they pay $370,000 to have him for RWC.

Simple solution. KD says to ARU & Reds that each party, himself being the third party, be responsible for a 1/3 share. He then says to Leinster his heart is no longer in playing for them & that if they insisted, he'd play shithouse, but then offers $250,000 (roughly the ARU & Reds contribution) to void the contract.

Shit, I should be a player manager/solicitor;)

Status
Not open for further replies.