• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Reds 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.

RedsHappy

Tony Shaw (54)
^^^^
Absolutely no shock there, whatsoever.

Yes, indisputably the most inexplicable year-after-year-after-year Reds squad and run-on selection whom has NEVER ONCE consistently delivered on his early promise and on top of which has had endless 'season ending' injuries.

Yet no place or viable offer could be found for Greene or Mason so we live with the horror of awaiting Jake McInyre's re-emergence when the inevitable QC (Quade Cooper) injury or RC happens all over again.

liquor box

Greg Davis (50)
Predictions for the rest of the season.
at the moment the ladder for our conference is as follows
ACT 23
NSW 19
QLD 16
FOR 13
REB 8

Round 14
QLD v FOR
Highlanders v NSW
Jaguares v ACT
REB v Crusaders

ACT 23, NSW 19, QLD 18, FOR 13, REB 8

Round 15
Blues v QLD
Chiefs v NSW
ACT v REB
FOR v Hurricanes

ACT 27, NSW 19, QLD 18, FOR 13, REB 8

Round 16
QLD v ACT
FOR v REB
NSW v Jaguares

ACT 27, NSW 23, QLD 22, FOR 17, REB 8

Round 17
Highlanders v QLD
REB v Jaguares
Chiefs v ACT
Force v NSW

ACT 27, NSW 27, QLD 22, FOR 17, REB 12

I have not tried to pick bonus points and for some reason think the Reds have a fair chance of an upset against the Brumbies.

Looks like the final round could be the deciding factor for our conference, despite the poor results at least we will have the potential for an exciting game from Perth in the last week.

I think from memory my pass mark for the season was to be within a mathematical chance going into the last week of the season to make the finals. Amazingly my picks, if correct mean we are only a win off this mark or three bonus points.

It is interesting to think that with a couple of upsets we can still make the finals!

If this miracle was to happen would we all be happy with the season?

Strewthcobber

Mark Ella (57)
Reds v Blues in Suva must be the best chance of an Aus v NZ victory all year.

And it's not that good a chance :eek:

Sent from my D5833 using Tapatalk

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
^^^^^^^^ Bloos play the B&IL five days later. Given their Super Rugby season is gone, they might decide to field a less than full strength side & focus more on the once-in-a-career Lions match. I doubt the Reds could contain the Bloos first team but if Tana leaves some of his big guns behind they're in with a decent shot.

Tangawizi

Peter Fenwicke (45)
Reds v Blues in Suva must be the best chance of an Aus v NZ victory all year.

And it's not that good a chance :eek:

Sent from my D5833 using Tapatalk
It's on in Apia actually.

Probably a fair chance as it will be stinking hot & ridiculously humid and Blues may not know what him them when they step off the plane. Better chance than played in Auckland anyway

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

The torpedo

Peter Fenwicke (45)
Predictions for the rest of the season.
at the moment the ladder for our conference is as follows
ACT 23
NSW 19
QLD 16
FOR 13
REB 8

Round 14
QLD v FOR
Highlanders v NSW
Jaguares v ACT
REB v Crusaders

ACT 23, NSW 19, QLD 18, FOR 13, REB 8

Round 15
Blues v QLD
Chiefs v NSW
ACT v REB
FOR v Hurricanes

ACT 27, NSW 19, QLD 18, FOR 13, REB 8

Round 16
QLD v ACT
FOR v REB
NSW v Jaguares

ACT 27, NSW 23, QLD 22, FOR 17, REB 8

Round 17
Highlanders v QLD
REB v Jaguares
Chiefs v ACT
Force v NSW

ACT 27, NSW 27, QLD 22, FOR 17, REB 12

I have not tried to pick bonus points and for some reason think the Reds have a fair chance of an upset against the Brumbies.

Looks like the final round could be the deciding factor for our conference, despite the poor results at least we will have the potential for an exciting game from Perth in the last week.

I think from memory my pass mark for the season was to be within a mathematical chance going into the last week of the season to make the finals. Amazingly my picks, if correct mean we are only a win off this mark or three bonus points.

It is interesting to think that with a couple of upsets we can still make the finals!

If this miracle was to happen would we all be happy with the season?

Reds should be on 24 points - you only gave them 2 points for the force game (while picking them to win)

Tangawizi

Peter Fenwicke (45)
even better! if we win in fiji then we make the finals, a few fluke wins in a row and we win the lot.
Apia is in Samoa... it's same, same but different to Fiji. Less direct flights there from Brisbane too.

Reds are paying around $20 to win the Oz conference now. Bookies think the Brumbies have it in the bag.

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

Ignoto

John Thornett (49)
Feauai-Sautia scored a try and made several linebreaks in an eye-popping return at outside centre before he went off with a hamstring twinge.

You'd have to think that at this stage of his career where you spend more time on the sidelines than you do on the pitch, that the curtain should be falling? Unless CFS is on bugger all money, having him on the books would be a huge liability and that cash could be used to retain a promising U20.

No4918

John Hipwell (52)
You'd have to think that at this stage of his career where you spend more time on the sidelines than you do on the pitch, that the curtain should be falling? Unless CFS is on bugger all money, having him on the books would be a huge liability and that cash could be used to retain a promising U20.

I agree re CFS but do we need another promising U20? How many of those have worked out for us recently?

Let's chase the best person available for the funds.

Status
Not open for further replies.