• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Reds 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.

thebreakdown

Ted Fahey (11)
What's happen with Jayden Ngamanu?, was very disappointed he never got run in the u20s. He could have stayed in Australia and may have been given a shot for Reds. I think he deserves He ran well in the Oceania comp, I thought he was the only back moving forward at pace. What's wrong with the 20s coaching?? He was exciting! Give the young fella a shot! I think he needs game time around the right players.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

T

TOCC

I had a few issues with some of the selections for that U20s team, Simon Kenewell didn't deserve his spot and Tupou, whilst a great young player, was the youngest player(17) in the tournament and his play often reflected that. I think Jayden was ahead of both, but didn't get a chance.

thebreakdown

Ted Fahey (11)
Upthereds#!, mate I know talent when I see it! He beats his first man and he's got speed with it! I've only seen that style in NZ. I spose you wouldn't know that so I won't bother you mate. But that's only my opinion like I said!

No4918

John Hipwell (52)
If he couldn't get a run with the 20s, how should he be able to get a run in Super Rugby? The idea should be only the BEST of the 20s get the chance to progress to Super Rugby

Do you mean only the best u20's should get a shot while still that age?

upthereds#!

Ken Catchpole (46)
Do you mean only the best u20's should get a shot while still that age?

As a part of the development pathway, I would have thought only the best would get a chance at that age, and then the a lucky few will get offered contracts after u20s, if not during. Some should get a chance, some shouldn't, some have, some will in time, some won't. Not every Aus u20 player becomes a professional, then again some get professional gigs when others miss out only to be a fish that got away.

upthereds#!

Ken Catchpole (46)
Upthereds#!, mate I know talent when I see it! He beats his first man and he's got speed with it! I've only seen that style in NZ. I spose you wouldn't know that so I won't bother you mate. But that's only my opinion like I said!

I havn't seen him really play, just saying that if the ARU High performance people, the Reds coaches and the U20 coaches saw what you saw, then we would have seen him. ......Or at least that's what you would hope!

upthereds#!

Ken Catchpole (46)
I would love to know what Henry and Kennewell were regularly offering above J and beyond Jayden (considering neither really did a great deal for me during the comp) for him to not to really get a chance.

thebreakdown

Ted Fahey (11)
I can't disrespect player names mate, that's not my style. IMO, Jayden Ngamanu never even got a run! The coaches must really hate the style he offers the game but they took him anyway?? The young man IMO is a solid player, I certainly hope he stays positive.

T

TOCC

^^^^Why do you rate Henry ahead of Kennewell?

Accuracy, error rate, footwork, defence..

Kennewell may be a good player, but his U20s form was well below the required standard, far too many errors and the reason he was pulled early in a couple of games. Not to say Henry had a great tournament, he didn't, but Kennewell was definetly short of the standard required.

Bulldog

Nev Cottrell (35)
Culturally there seems to be something slightly amiss at the Reds, they have the senior players, they have the young guns, it's just not working, I like to think it's just a hangover from the RG era and not a reflection of the current organisation :/

Is the 2017 back to the future Reds really RG's fault?

Who put the prematurely heralded 2017 squad together? Stiles, Cordingley & Herbert. Dan Herbert left the QRU earlier this year maybe the other 2 should follow?

Ruggo

Mark Ella (57)
Reds recruitment has been lazy. they have looked to assemble experienced players but done nothing to build a team.

I would love to see Stiles get punted. I don't care if we don't get someone world class but I want the person to be selected after a rigid recruitment process where they have articulated their plans for the team in a comprehensive manner which has been well scrutinized by a knowledgeable and impartial selection panel.

Reactions: gel

Beer Baron

Phil Hardcastle (33)
Reds recruitment has been lazy. they have looked to assemble experienced players but done nothing to build a team.

I would love to see Stiles get punted. I don't care if we don't get someone world class but I want the person to be selected after a rigid recruitment process where they have articulated their plans for the team in a comprehensive manner which has been well scrutinized by a knowledgeable and impartial selection panel.
Do they have rookie assistant s forced upon them?or get to choose?. That's one of the issue, we get a rookie head coach were only getting assistants

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Ruggo

Mark Ella (57)
That's the next step. The new coach needs the autonomy to implement the plan that got him the job. Assistants of choice should be part of their presentation to the selection panel though.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
That's the next step. The new coach needs the autonomy to implement the plan that got him the job. Assistants of choice should be part of their presentation to the selection panel though.

How do you judge that though?

Anyone interviewing for a head coaching role has to have their assistants locked in and ready to take on that role should the person be successful?

I don't think that is a likely outcome at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.