• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Reds 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.

neilc

Bob Loudon (25)
Yeah look, that's all good. But honest he's injury cover. (Wrap this as Foley, Gitts, To'omua) Quade is a long last.

Sooo, do you want him in a suit in the WB stands; or do you want him playing for City?

Answer to that is pretty clear in my head. Quade, earn your bloody stripes in the NRC.

Gieau was a very good 12 who wanted to play 10. His running at 12 in huis prime was superb when combined with a good 10. I don't think he was ever a great 10 himself. To'omua is a strong straight runner and strong defender but has never been great as a 10 as he doesn't create, hence why he plays 12 for the Brumbies. Quade is a 10 who has a great pass and creates. He is not the best defender around and has struggled with injury. If he is injury free and in form then I would have him on the bench as backup 10 and backup kicker.

No4918

John Hipwell (52)
Quade is the 2nd 10 in the Wallabies squad. Seems pretty obvious. Are you guys talking his expectations down on purpose?

So confident of this I am, eat my boots if Gits or To'omua play 10 ahead of him I will.

dru

Tim Horan (67)
Quade is the 2nd 10 in the Wallabies squad. Seems pretty obvious. Are you guys talking his expectations down on purpose?

So confident of this I am, eat my boots if Gits or To'omua play 10 ahead of him I will.

Second or third 10 means nothing other than injury cover. He wont start. And I dont expect him at 22/23.

No need to roast your boots. Gits wont start at 10, might at 12, fair chance for the bench if he doesnt start. Which leaves Quade out. To'omua might get 10, imo, depending on Cheikas thinking, yes a long shot. Might get 12 (thats where I'd have him), might get 22/23. Again Quade misses out.

Whichever way I look at it, its hard to see Quade getting a cap in this RC. Of course its all hypothetical and how he trains (which we dont see) might swing things. On the balance though, baring injury, I think he's a long shot for this series.

That is not to say that I dont think he will be back as the starting WB 10. He has every opportunity to do it, just possibly more likely next season.

Anyway, this should probably be on another thread.

Jets

Paul McLean (56)
Staff member
If Foley keeps playing like he has I can see Quade starting. The best outcome would be the pressure of having a couple options will push them to be the best they can be.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

emuarse

Desmond Connor (43)
Just wondering if the Brumbies might be putting feelers out for Quade Cooper, now that they are suddenly without Lealiifano (Hopefully he makes a full recovery).

Thinker

Darby Loudon (17)
I see Kefu is involved with QLD Country this year.

An experienced forwards coach with runs on the board and experience at Premier Grade and Test level, who wants to coach at Super Rugby level. No doubt will be over-looked here for Thorn.

Interesting that he has taken over for Gilmore, who didn't set the world on fire last year and slides back to attack coach.

First reasonable appointment the organisation has made in quite some time.

Wonder if any indication for the Reds in 2017?

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
how is he proven in your opinion? I'm not totally aware of his history other than a few stints with some national teams.

Has he had much success?

Jets

Paul McLean (56)
Staff member
Coached the Stingrays to Premier GF and done a bit of coaching in Japan. Not sure how he's gone over there though. If you can coach Tonga then he should fit in at the Reds. Plenty of off field dramas in both camps.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thinker

Darby Loudon (17)
I see the Reds have lowered membership prices but about 20%.

Still too much for a rookie coach and inexperienced team, however, as a multi-seat holder, it is nice to see the trend reversed.

Scrubber2050

Mark Ella (57)

Still too much for a rookie coach and inexperienced team, however, as a multi-seat holder, it is nice to see the trend reversed.

Ah, market fores at play - good to see prices dropped by 20% - hopefully that will be a bit more affordable to many.

There are some inexperienced lads in the roster but by and large I wouldn't have labelled the group as a whole, inexperienced.

redstragic

Alan Cameron (40)

They are not stinging extra for the cap either as they have for the last few years.

dillyboy

Nev Cottrell (35)
So what's the fine print to be sorted out?

Money I suppose?
Boxing clause or has that ship sailed?
VC next to his name on the team sheet?
Off season in Japan/Sevens?

C'mon Quade - just bloody sign already!!

Scrubber2050

Mark Ella (57)
Am looking forward to the make up of the team.

There will be a strong leadership group of Slipper, Simmons, Moore, Smith, Douglas in the forwards and Quade (hopefully) Hunt and Kerevi(maybe) in the backs all contributing substantially. Gilly remains a loss.

Reckon that "culture" will thrive at the Reds next year. Plenty of younger fellows coming through. A couple of early wins will fuel the embers.

Think Stiles will go very well as HC now that the MOC shackles have been cast off. Bloke seems to have the support of the playing group and will relish his HC opportunity at Super Rugby. There will be no lack of effort on his part.

The missing piece of the puzzle is one Quade Cooper.

Sully

Tim Horan (67)
Staff member
Stiles as HC will live or die by who he can attract as assistant coaches.

AND FFS Quade just sign already.

I like to watch

David Codey (61)
^^^^^at least its not being played out in the media,as it's always been done in the past.
Which is a good sign IMO.
I'm picking he's going to have a year to remember.
In a good way!

Thinker

Darby Loudon (17)
Thorn lacing up for Country suggests he won't be a full-time assistant with the Reds, although stranger things have happened (repeatedly over the last 3 years at this very organisation).

Status
Not open for further replies.