• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Reds 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.

liquor box

Greg Davis (50)
So a guy who has had a 15 year career who has never been in trouble off the field.
On the field, despite opposition players ripping out his dreadlocks, has never been given a card for rough behaviour. Yet out of the blue he is arrested for punching a taxi driver?
Something here stinks.

Maybe nothing stinks, people do commit crime. Previous history may just indicate he has never been caught...or it is first time

Beer Baron

Phil Hardcastle (33)
So a guy who has had a 15 year career who has never been in trouble off the field.
On the field, despite opposition players ripping out his dreadlocks, has never been given a card for rough behaviour. Yet out of the blue he is arrested for punching a taxi driver?
Something here stinks.
Never was drinking on the field.... I hope

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member
Thorn

Man_with_head_in_hands_Nik_xlarge.jpg

redstragic

Alan Cameron (40)
Trying to find some kind of positive out this, if he was able to do a runner from the taxi does that mean his back is on the mend?

The report says he was punching the cabbie and running away. From a Rugby point of view I'd feel a lot more comfortable if it had been reported that he was wrestling the cabbie as well. Doesn't really mean much though, I have performed acts of extreme flexibility when on the Milton Mangoes to only wake with new aches and pains many a time.

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
So...

15 Lucas
14 Daugunu
13 Kerevi
12 Paia’aua
11 Perese
10 Stewart
9 Tuttle

8 Timu
7 Wright
6 Higginbotham
5 Rodda
4 Tui
3 Tupou
2 Ready
1 Slipper

16 BPA
17 Smith
18 Faga’ase
19 Douglas
20 Korczyk
21 Sorovi
22 CFS
23 Nabuli

They’re going to have to play out of their skin to have any success.

Simon.

Bob Loudon (25)
That would probably be mine too.

Not that there are many other viable combinations, and there is bugger all injury depth, especially in the backs. Assuming Quade isn't recalled, the first injury of the season we're down to Maranta, and then into the club players.

It seems almost criminal to me to be in this sort of state when an entire Super Rugby team worth of players was supposed to be distributed amongst the four remaining teams.

neilc

Bob Loudon (25)
Jim Tucker has just confirmed that Ben Lucas is back.

Lucas was at training this evening. Don't know why but Duncan P was not taking part - he was there but not training - no obvious injury. Nabuli has his forearm in some sort of splint. They were using a drone at training which I assume is videoing the different groups for later analysis.

liquor box

Greg Davis (50)
That would probably be mine too.

Not that there are many other viable combinations, and there is bugger all injury depth, especially in the backs. Assuming Quade isn't recalled, the first injury of the season we're down to Maranta, and then into the club players.

It seems almost criminal to me to be in this sort of state when an entire Super Rugby team worth of players was supposed to be distributed amongst the four remaining teams.

The criminal part is how poorly run the Reds are, a minute after the announcement that a team was going the Reds should have been signing players to conditional contracts and tie them up

T

TOCC

Prosecutors decided Friday not to indict Australian rugby legend George Smith for allegedly assaulting a taxi driver on New Year's Eve after releasing him the previous day.

The Tachikawa branch of the Tokyo District Public Prosecutors Office did not disclose any reason for the decision on the 37-year-old flanker, who played for Suntory Sungoliath in the most recent season of the Japanese Top League.

http://english.kyodonews.net/news/2...ith-released-indictment-decision-pending.html

So am i reading this right, George Smith has been released and no charges placed?

Scrubber2050

Mark Ella (57)
Good news for the Reds - I'm hearing that Rebels under some pressure have reversed their previous shithouse, insular decision regarding a certain player.

Reactions: dru
Status
Not open for further replies.