• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Reds 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
I'm beginning to suspect as much. The whole Folau thing just makes all the QC (Quade Cooper) exclusion justifications given to date seem even more like a pile of BS

P.S.: Presume you mean happy-clappy?

This is what I was asking WHY about.

So your response of:

Just a perception from afar. Same as in life and politics, I think religion has no place in rugby.
doesn't really answer the question. Putting aside the fact Izzy is entitled to his own spiritual beliefs which he hasn't brought into the game (he just happens to be a player, but surely that doesn't define him holistically as a person).
But why the relevance to QC (Quade Cooper) and why his exclusion is relevant here?

USARugger

John Thornett (49)
is it? Just means Benny Taps is coming home for the off-season and QC (Quade Cooper) looks forward to seeing him.

Reg, I'm forgetting where you posted the podcast with Matt Taylor recently but I just got around to listening to it and it was brilliant. Thank you for sharing that. Would love to one day see that coaching team reunited as they clearly were able to achieve special things together.

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Reg, I'm forgetting where you posted the podcast with Matt Taylor recently but I just got around to listening to it and it was brilliant. Thank you for sharing that. Would love to one day see that coaching team reunited as they clearly were able to achieve special things together.

Agreed, while listening I thought how great it would be to get Tattys in Jimmy McKay back, assuming Link will never return.

Zero_Cool

Arch Winning (36)
Makes more sense to have lance at 15. We won a super title with him there.

Not just that, Stewart gave us so much more direction to our attack. I do think Lance isn't really a Super Rugby flyhalf, maybe you'd get away with him in Europe or the UK but not at Super.

Also I'd love to see the Stewart - Barrett match up, we've never seen Beauden actually put under physical pressure from his opposite number Stewart would at least do that, maybe that's how you slow Beauden down.

Sully

Tim Horan (67)
Staff member
St.George Queensland Reds team to play Sunwolves
1:05pm AEST, Saturday 12 May – Prince Chichibu Memorial Stadium, Tokyo
1. James Slipper (C) – Bond University
2. Brandon Paenga-Amosa – Sunnybank
3. Taniela Tupou – Brothers
4. Izack Rodda – Easts
5. Kane Douglas – Norths (100th Super Rugby cap)
6. Adam Korczyk –University of Queensland
7. George Smith – Brothers
8. Angus Scott-Young – University of Queensland
9. Ben Lucas – Sunnybank
10. Jono Lance – University of Queensland
11. Jordan Petaia – Wests
12. Samu Kerevi – Souths
13. Chris Feauai-Sautia – Souths
14. Filipo Daugunu – Wests
15. Hamish Stewart – Bond University

16. Alex Mafi – Bond University
17. Harry Hoopert – Brothers
18. Sef Fa’agase – University of Queensland
19. Harry Hockings – University of Queensland
20. Liam Wright – Easts
21. Moses Sorovi – Wests
22. Duncan Paia’aua - Norths
23. Aidan Toua - Easts

Linebreaker

Allen Oxlade (6)
Not just that, Stewart gave us so much more direction to our attack. I do think Lance isn't really a Super Rugby flyhalf, maybe you'd get away with him in Europe or the UK but not at Super.

Also I'd love to see the Stewart - Barrett match up, we've never seen Beauden actually put under physical pressure from his opposite number Stewart would at least do that, maybe that's how you slow Beauden down.

Zero Cool.... Are you sure you haven't got shares in the Stewart family stud farm? Stewart & Beauden? Really? the kids had 120 mins of super rugby under his belt.. give him some time please.

new recruit_ brisbane

Jimmy Flynn (14)

Now you are just being ridiculous.

neilc

Bob Loudon (25)
we've never seen Beauden actually put under physical pressure from his opposite number .
I wonder why no opposition coaches ever thought of that! He's been put under pressure lots of times and adapts - British Lions targeted there to stop the AB attack, Barrett's a clever player so he learns and changes to cope.

Zero_Cool

Arch Winning (36)
I wonder why no opposition coaches ever thought of that! He's been put under pressure lots of times and adapts - British Lions targeted there to stop the AB attack, Barrett's a clever player so he learns and changes to cope.

I wasn't meaning teams haven't tried to put him under physical pressure, they have. Because Beauden's so physical it's hard to find a flyhallf who can actually put him under that kind of pressure. Foley, Sexton, Ford, Jantjies etc -- they aren't the most imposing of players, the Lions didn't exactly do it via fly half they more targeted him generally, and while he did adapt he didn't exactly florist.

emuarse

Desmond Connor (43)
I wasn't meaning teams haven't tried to put him under physical pressure, they have. Because Beauden's so physical it's hard to find a flyhallf who can actually put him under that kind of pressure. Foley, Sexton, Ford, Jantjies etc -- they aren't the most imposing of players, the Lions didn't exactly do it via fly half they more targeted him generally, and while he did adapt he didn't exactly florist.

I didn't know he worked as a florist. By any chance, do you know what his favorite flower is?:)

Status
Not open for further replies.