• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Reds 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.

liquor box

Greg Davis (50)
TT, Mooney and Thorn as joint co-interim coaches I rekon... that's good but I just think we should add a few more, are Woody and O'Connor still around Brissy? Maybe get Knuckles back as well now all the unpleasantness is over.
We could set a precedent in world rugby and have co-interim-player-coaches

T

TOCC

2018 Draw got released today, looks like we miss out on playing the Crusaders and Sharks.

Interestingly, we have a Saturday arvo kick off on 28th April.

Full list is here
http://redsrugby.com.au/News/NewsAr...nd-Reds-to-host-eight-home-games-in-2018.aspx

5 consecutive weeks without home game in the Rds 4-9 is ridiculous.

It should be a rule, that all teams upon returning form a trip to South Africa/America receive a home game to reconnect with fans who have disengaged during that period.

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member

It should be a rule, that all teams upon returning form a trip to South Africa/America receive a home game to reconnect with fans who have disengaged during that period.

Com Games in there as well as an Ed Sheeran concert took up a bit of that march / April bookings

T

TOCC

Com Games in there as well as an Ed Sheeran concert took up a bit of that march / April bookings

Fair enough hadn't considered the Comm Games, SEQ transport will be buckled just tying to manage the Comm Games without had to worry about other sporting events. Are all teams(AFL, NRL) avoiding SEQ over that period?

Ruggo

Mark Ella (57)
Sounds like a good challenge for the Reds. If they can get through that, they will be in the hunt. Might take some Thorn style fortitude to pull it off though.

T

TOCC

I don't think Stiles should be sacked, I think he was dealt a shit hand with inexperienced assistant coaches.. I also wouldn't like to see Thorn thrown to the wolves before he has the experience either.

That been said, I wouldn't mind the following for 2018s

HC: Stiles
Defence: Thorn
Attack: Mooney
Water Boy: McGahan

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

neilc

Bob Loudon (25)
We don't have money for any new recruits apparently. So we won't be going after force players.

Happy to cut the coach though and make another pay out.

So Reg, you think Stiles should be replaced? What's your take on a suitable replacement if that is to happen?

T

TOCC

I think he was being facetious... QRU are broke, can't afford to payout another coach

Jerry West

Sydney Middleton (9)

That is a very tough stretch. Season on the line during that period

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Fair enough hadn't considered the Comm Games, SEQ transport will be buckled just tying to manage the Comm Games without had to worry about other sporting events. Are all teams(AFL, NRL) avoiding SEQ over that period?

They have all been requested to. Remembering that Metricon and Robina are both out of contention too.

neilc

Bob Loudon (25)
What's the go with Scott Higginbotham at the moment? He's not playing NRC, is he with the Reds next season after another stint in Japan or is he back to Japan full time?

Strewthcobber

Mark Ella (57)
What's the go with Scott Higginbotham at the moment? He's not playing NRC, is he with the Reds next season after another stint in Japan or is he back to Japan full time?
Top league is finished by 14 Jan so will be back with the Reds after that

Sent from my D5833 using Tapatalk

neilc

Bob Loudon (25)
Top league is finished by 14 Jan so will be back with the Reds after that

Sent from my D5833 using Tapatalk

Thought I saw Higgers yesterday in Brisbane - looked a lot like him, which made me wonder why he was here if the Japan season had started - thought maybe he was injured.

T

TOCC

He has attended some of the local NRC games over the past few weeks, so maybe it's a case of him taking a break from rugby. Playing Top League followed by Super Rugby is a long season.

Status
Not open for further replies.