• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Reds 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scrubber2050

Mark Ella (57)
IF Genia back to the Reds it should be a year by year contract.

Dodgy knees, a self-belief that he can do no wrong and some other mild, yet valid criticisms means he shouldn't be a top earner.

Tuttle has been just OK but one of the real disappointments for me this year has been the declining form of Frisby (and as well Ready - although not surprising with the signing of Moore)). Pickle should be cut... (well I suppose he could be - how the hell would I know;))

Reactions: dru

Strewthcobber

Mark Ella (57)
Frisby hasn't even started his new 2 year contract signed earlier this year until 2019.

Tuttle is contracted for 2018

Add in Moises Sorovi

Going to be crowded next year if Genia is added to the list

Sent from my D5833 using Tapatalk

hammertimethere

Trevor Allan (34)
Stewart is a very good young player, played well at U20's level (and all the levels he's played at so far). Signing him as a rookie is the right move, and he should spend the next 12 months playing QPR and NRC before becoming a regular for QLD. That said, best laid plans are often a knee injury away from destruction.

A playmaking group of Cooper, DP, Stewart and ?Hunt (do we sign another 15?) looks pretty good

Happy to Chat

Nev Cottrell (35)
Reg
agree with that actually but a few blokes have him being a star already
Young players are put on pedestals too early without earning their strips. Watching him in the u20's comp he does not perform well under pressure. He needs another year at QPR before stepping up. It's one thing playing Colts and u20 but an entirely different kettle of fish at Super Rugby. Especially in a pivotal role as 5/8

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sully

Tim Horan (67)
Staff member
I've only seen moments and highlights of stuart and I like what he could become. To me he looks like an old fashioned flyhalf with a descent boot and not scared to shove his melon in dark places.

Sent from my D5833 using Tapatalk

Reactions: TSR

Scrubber2050

Mark Ella (57)
^^^^^^
and I really liked Jake McIntyre as well. Thought he had all the attributes to be a fine 10.

Then he started his Super career and my earlier thoughts were blown out of the water.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
Clearly McIntyre hasn't worked out and that will probably elevate Stewart up the pecking order but realistically the Reds desire for him next year in the first year of his contract would be to play the club rugby season.

I know a lot of people would like him to do the club rugby first, but certainly the plan for someone of his age would be training with the Super Rugby side and then playing club rugby.

TSR

Mark Ella (57)
In normal course of events, Stewart would be training with the Reds and plying his trade almost exclusively in club rugby/under age rep jerseys next year. If he really kicked on he might be a semi regular Reds sub.

Given the absolute dearth of fly half talent in Australia at present and the inability of any other contenders to kick on, he may only be 2 injuries away from Wallaby selection. (And yes - that last comment was sarcasm. I hope.)

Status
Not open for further replies.