• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Reds 2019

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
A shame for Jack Hardy as he will miss the 20s RWC now?

For the Reds Campbell starts (deservedly I reckon) with Toua on the bench! Although I assume Lucas will be available to play the next game? Maybe Paddy James from Brothers.

B

Bobby Sands

A shame for Jack Hardy as he will miss the 20s RWC now?

For the Reds Campbell starts (deservedly I reckon) with Toua on the bench! Although I assume Lucas will be available to play the next game? Maybe Paddy James from Brothers.

Any more info?

Whatever happened to Felsman...

B

Bobby Sands

Tela is a 12 though...

I have no idea how he plays, as I’ve never watched him lace them up.

Will be interesting if some club players get called up to train with the squad.

Ignoto

John Thornett (49)
Hearing Hardy may be gone for the season, really running low on outside backs.

This is probably something that QRU need to speak to Thorn about. The lack of outside recruitment in the off-season where we didn't replace outgoings meant that we were a couple of injuries away from a 'crisis'. Shifting previous outside backs into inside backs didn't help the problem either (Petaiu and CFS).

Have any of the Northern Hemisphere teams wrapped for the season? Might be worth getting the ARU to allow us some injury cover exemptions.

TSR

Mark Ella (57)
I dunno - 4 long term/season ending injuries in one position is always going to test the depth + Lucas unavailable due to u20 commitments. We will still have cover in Campbell, Naivalu & Toua. I can’t imagine that you’d normally carry more than that. After 4 down, you’d always be down to a Rookie/journeyman. Anyone better is likely to have a contract elsewhere where they are higher up the pecking order.

B

Bobby Sands

I dunno - 4 long term/season ending injuries in one position is always going to test the depth + Lucas unavailable due to u20 commitments. We will still have cover in Campbell, Naivalu & Toua. I can’t imagine that you’d normally carry more than that. After 4 down, you’d always be down to a Rookie/journeyman. Anyone better is likely to have a contract elsewhere where they are higher up the pecking order.

Plus Wileman who looks more than serviceable. Will be good to get a look at him!

SouthernX

Peter Johnson (47)
Hardy, Eaddie and Petaia gone for season, Daugunu gone for an extended stint..

Gonna have to call up someone from premier rugby soon, who’s suitable?

Did Petaia get surgery on his Lisfranc sprain? If it’s non surgery then he is out for 12 weeks minimum. If he got surgery done on a Lisfranc then it’s 4- 5 months minimum foot sprain

I think there’s a chance he could be back for reds but I’m unfamiliar of the rehab/surgery route he went cause the Lisfranc sprain can be no joke and doctors sometimes may not operate on it up to like 6 weeks after it happened once they identify if surgery is required or not.

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
for what it's worth this is Jordy less than a week ago.

JP.PNG