• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Reds 2019

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
He's doing a pretty good job of it ATM !

I'll never forget a comment little Johnnie Howard said about Kevin Rudd a few short months into Rudd's Prime Ministerial spot when he was asked how Rudd was going.

"I think the job is a little too big for him"

ok, it's just that you're probably in breach of GAGR Rule 6:

Play the ball not the man / No personal abuse of forum members, players, officials and public figures
. Personal comments will be deleted and you'll get a card or ban.
This also applies to comments about players, coaches, Referees and other public figures. Feel free to criticize their play and decisions with reasoning, but not slander them as a person.
"Like last weekend, he's always seagulling and it gives me the shits" is OK.
"He's a f*ckwit who'll never amount to anything" is not.
Only a complete knob jockey resorts to personal insults anyway.

Consider this a warning.

Miller has been in the job since the end of March but you're blaming him for everything that is wrong with QLD Rugby.

gel

Ken Catchpole (46)
I mentioned on the 2018 thread that the Jeff Miller move looked alot like him stepping in as a quasi administrator (in an insolvency sense) - he seems to be acting as both Chair and CEO for the moment. This would make sense if the financial situation is at this point.
Have you actually read what his role and backround is in the BoQ?

There is no way in hell he is qualified to act in any way or form anything coming even remotely close to being anything approaching the merest vicinity of "quasi administrator".

That is quite clearly NOT his role and experience within the bank.

There are many people and roles that make up a bank.

Scrubber2050

Mark Ella (57)

Consider this a warning.

Miller has been in the job since the end of March but you're blaming him for everything that is wrong with QLD Rugby.

Obviously a mate of yours but I'll heed the warning !

sunnyboys

Bob Loudon (25)
Hi Gel. Certainly not insinuating that was the kind of role he has at BoQ. I know enough about the trade to know that certainly isn’t his gig there.
What I mean is, it looks like he has stepped in to “shepherd” the organisation through a financial crisis - he has a banking background plus excellent experience of the QRU due to being a former CEO himself.

I wouldn’t be surprised if there wasn’t a new CEO recruited until a clearer financial footing or direction is gained. Whatever shape that might take

liquor box

Greg Davis (50)

Consider this a warning.

he is not to blame but in 4 months what has he announced to make changes, is he aware that changes are required?

He needs a chance but has been there long enough to have given the fans faith in the systems that are in place

TSR

Mark Ella (57)
I really hope we aim for a little higher than this. I also hope we cast the net a little wider than the carpark this time.

My other football passion is the Rabbitohs. The coach this year has the team really firing, totally turned the Bunnies around. Why can't we have this at the Reds, Souths prove it is not impossible?

Sent from my SM-J710GN using Tapatalk
Anthony Seibold is a great role model for any young coach starting out on how you develop experience and build your credentials before taking on a head coach role.

Very nice bloke too.

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
he is not to blame but in 4 months what has he announced to make changes, is he aware that changes are required?

He needs a chance but has been there long enough to have given the fans faith in the systems that are in place

He's the Chairman not the CEO. Given he doesn't have a CEO he's covering a fair bit of the gap it would seem

He has started recruiting a new CEO given the one he had resigned.
He has commences a series of information gathering for the Board (presentations from David Nucifora, Scott Johnson)
He has set the intent on creating a high performance focus for the Footy department
Discussions with RA around closer partnerships

and that's just the stuff that's been written about.

And to make it clear, I have not association with Miller. He wouldn't know me from a bar of soap.

Scrubber2050

Mark Ella (57)
Reg
Let me TELL you
Barker was shunted by Mr Miller

When given the opportunity to be sacked or resign "voluntarily" which one would you take.
Barker took the obviously least painful route !

Getwithme

Cyril Towers (30)
looking forward, the NRC will be vitally important for the Reds lads. the more we can start to get some connections between our youngsters at a higher level the better.

If I'm talking honestly, I'd love the 2 NRC sides to pick the best 10's available and really make Hamish Stewart earn his stripes.
I'm not trying to knock the bloke but there are a few 10's in 1st grade who would have a much more complete game. Would love him to continue his learning on the bench of an NRC side and for us to bring in a home grown 10 as there isn't much available that is better than what we have in the player market.

Some goes with a backup fullback (provided we get Folau)

Jerry West

Sydney Middleton (9)
looking forward, the NRC will be vitally important for the Reds lads. the more we can start to get some connections between our youngsters at a higher level the better.

If I'm talking honestly, I'd love the 2 NRC sides to pick the best 10's available and really make Hamish Stewart earn his stripes.
I'm not trying to knock the bloke but there are a few 10's in 1st grade who would have a much more complete game. Would love him to continue his learning on the bench of an NRC side and for us to bring in a home grown 10 as there isn't much available that is better than what we have in the player market.

Very interesting to see the make up of the sides.

QC (Quade Cooper) will lose a few players from last season including Slipper, Faagase, Mafi, Thor, Rodda, Nabuli and possibly Timu. CFS will be sidelined for a while through injury and possibly Parese too (?).

Brisbane City could be anything if QC (Quade Cooper) & Hunt are included. Kerevi’s injury could take some time but is a slim chance very late in the competition. Lots of players to replace including Vanzati, Ready, Douglas, Tui, Frisby, Alatimu, Kuridrani and that’s if QC (Quade Cooper), Hunt & Kerevi are named.

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member

Agreed but who are the 2 flyhalves? Stewart and who?

Same for fullback.

neilc

Bob Loudon (25)
If you take Gwm literally what club 10 would be rated above Quade?

Let's say they pick Quade (and I hope they do), then that team needs to ensure that any other 10's in the squad not only learn a lot from him (and explicitly ask him to help develop them as part of his role) but also give them some decent game time so that they can put into practice what they are learning, make mistakes, and learn from that.

Tomikin

Simon Poidevin (60)
Quade shouldnt be picked for a queensland NRC team..maybe melboure or canberra

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk