• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Reds 2019

Strewthcobber

Mark Ella (57)
It's understood the QRU will not stand in Heenan's way if he does elect to pick either Hunt or Cooper, as that would go against the policy employed in previous years, where Reds coaches have left NRC bosses to select their teams as they see fit.

Despite that, Heenan said the pair are not currently part of the plan for the upcoming season.

"We're preparing as though we will be without them," he said.

"But they’re both good players and we will have to just wait and see."

http://www.rugby.com.au/news/2018/07/04/cooper-hunt-on-the-outer-at-brisbane-city

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Beer Baron

Phil Hardcastle (33)
There will be enough professional players in the squad to not need to sacrifice a development spot for QC (Quade Cooper).
Also cannot see the two feeder teams not working as part of the reds bigger picture. For that reason it would be silly to pick kh and QC (Quade Cooper). QRU aim with NRC should be development first win second.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

SouthernX

Peter Johnson (47)
Agreed but who are the 2 flyhalves? Stewart and who?

Same for fullback.

James Tuttle played a little bit of flyhalf for the gallopers this year.

Whilst this is not his ideal position. I hear he has had a positive attitude back in clubland considering the rumours & circumstances.

Perhaps Tuttle might be interested in learning the position a little more in a competition that closer resembles super rugby.

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
There will be enough professional players in the squad to not need to sacrifice a development spot for QC (Quade Cooper).
Also cannot see the two feeder teams not working as part of the reds bigger picture. For that reason it would be silly to pick kh and QC (Quade Cooper). QRU aim with NRC should be development first win second.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

I’m not as convinced the squads will be as stacked as you may thinking. And any pros will be young (Scott-Young, Paia’aua, Perese etc).

Unfortunately I don’t expect Quade nor Slipper nor Hunt to appear. I reckon Higgers won’t play either. George Smith obviously won’t. Then no Lance, Douglas or Nabuli. Don’t think Fagase or Ready will be there and perhaps not the likes of Toua and Maranta.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
RA circling. Reds about $6,000,000 in the tin.

Great financial management by Miller and his team.

I thought I'd never say it but best case is RA take over the Reds, fire Miller and a couple on the Board, particularly ex player who has no idea, sack some coaching staff and entrenched admin staff and move on.

Rebuild a proper QUEENSLAND culture, something to be proud of, somewhere where players want to come (whilst still producing our own), supporters want to support.

I find it strange that you are blaming the chairman who has been in the job for four months rather than the CEO who was there for two years.

And on top of that are angry that they moved the CEO on.

Getwithme

Cyril Towers (30)
Jake Stratchan, Nick Jooste, James Dagliesh all hav NRC experience and have been good this year. Fullback slightly tougher but Jock Campbell has been good and I'd love to see him get a run

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
agree with all that Getwithme. We should probably move this to the NRC thread but those are the 10s I'd be looking at, with Teti Tela I guess too.

I suspect Jayden Ngamanu will be Brisbane City fullback and I'd like to see Daugunu get a run there for country in preparation for next year (assuming Toua won't be around?)

upthereds#!

Ken Catchpole (46)
Thoughts in replacing Carozza? Need an attack coach. Do we give another guy his first shot and the next level (hasnt work out for assistants lately), or push for someone with some runs on the board? wHO?

Scrubber2050

Mark Ella (57)
I find it strange that you are blaming the chairman who has been in the job for four months rather than the CEO who was there for two years.

And on top of that are angry that they moved the CEO on.

You may find it strange BH.

You and most just don't the real story AND I cannot let others be privy.

One day it will unfold and there will be plenty of mugs out there:D

Scrubber2050

Mark Ella (57)
Believe Folau deal has been done (a little while ago as I said).

Hearing that a back might be heading south pending salary negotiation.

One without the other will be nearly pointless.

I've always believed Folau is a much better player with Beale (and Foley) in the same team.

Thankfully we have Geoff, Brad, and Sam steering the ship. Hopefully they don't have their hands on the wheel at the same time.

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Not sure if it made it across the Ditch, but this morning the Otago Daily Times ran a story that had Quade heading to Dunners to replace Lima Sopoaga. Sadly, this afternoon Clan management said "ain't gunna happen, champ".

Made me laugh almost as much as Gregor Paul's piece about a month ago that had not only Quade but also Izzy (your one, not ours :)) heading to the Bloos & (obviously when you think about it) saving the franchise from oblivion.

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
I assume it alludes to Kerevi who is un-signed, as far as we know and who could prove a nice little combo with Izzy.

Scrubber2050

Mark Ella (57)
Ke
I assume it alludes to Kerevi who is un-signed, as far as we know and who could prove a nice little combo with Izzy.

Suppose it would depend if a bloke like Kerevi who would be chasing extra money fits in with salary of the Reds + Folau, particularly with Quade, Hunt (definitely staying on the Reds payroll) and the distinct possibility of Slipper as well.

Reds are just about operating insolvently. Getting Folau, keeping Samu AND paying the other 3 players is a great finacial decision, again by somebody. Thankfully Thorn's contract is cheap, as it should be !

upthereds#!

Ken Catchpole (46)
I thought players who were on ARU contracts could not be 'bid' on. Their salary is locked by the ARU and split with the franchise, so Tahs couldn't pay someone like Kerevi more and the Reds can't pay Folau more. Has to come down to 'where do you wanna be, and who can afford it?'

dru

Tim Horan (67)
Ke

Suppose it would depend if a bloke like Kerevi who would be chasing extra money fits in with salary of the Reds + Folau, particularly with Quade, Hunt (definitely staying on the Reds payroll) and the distinct possibility of Slipper as well.

Reds are just about operating insolvently. Getting Folau, keeping Samu AND paying the other 3 players is a great finacial decision, again by somebody. Thankfully Thorn's contract is cheap, as it should be !

It is completely unfathomable that it has gotten this far, surely it won’t be permitted to continue to 2019. Surely CEO or Chair operating as CEO gives directions to the HC. Either resolution is found for QC (Quade Cooper), Hunt and and Slipper - or you find an HC who is willing to use the investment that the Board/CEO has made.

It is well time for this BS to be over.