• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Reds 2019

The torpedo

Peter Fenwicke (45)
Just in case anyone missed it, here's the full schedule for the year.

All times are AEST.

Rd 1: Bye
Rd 2: Away vs Highlanders (Fri 22/2 @ 4:35pm)
Rd 3: Home vs Crusaders (Sat 2/3 @ 6:45pm)
Rd 4: Away vs Waratahs (Sat 9/3 @ 6:45pm)
Rd 5: Away vs Sunwolves (Sat 16/3 @ 2:15pm)
Rd 6: Home vs Brumbies (Sun 24/3 @ 3:05pm)
Rd 7: Home vs Rebels (Sat 30/3 @ 6:45pm)
Rd 8: Home vs Stormers (Fri 5/4 @ 7:00pm)
Rd 9: Away vs Bulls (Sun 14/4 @ 1:15am)
Rd 10: Away vs Sharks (Fri 19/4 @ 11:05pm)
Rd 11: Bye
Rd 12: Home vs Sunwolves (Fri 3/5 @ 7:45pm)
Rd 13: Away vs Rebels (Fri 10/5 @ 7:45pm)
Rd 14: Home vs Waratahs (Sat 18/5 @ 7:45pm)
Rd 15: Away vs Chiefs (Fri 24/5 @ 5:35pm)
Rd 16: Home vs Jaguares (Sat 1/6 @ 7:45pm)
Rd 17: Home vs Blues (Fri 7/6 @ 7:45pm)
Rd 18: Away vs Brumbies (Sat 15/6 @ 7:45pm)

gel

Ken Catchpole (46)
Rd 1: Bye - Someone will get caught with cocaine - so we can count this week as a loss.
Rd 2: Away vs Highlanders (Fri 22/2 @ 4:35pm) - Loss
Rd 3: Home vs Crusaders (Sat 2/3 @ 6:45pm) - Loss
Rd 4: Away vs Waratahs (Sat 9/3 @ 6:45pm) - Loss
Rd 5: Away vs Sunwolves (Sat 16/3 @ 2:15pm) - Win
Rd 6: Home vs Brumbies (Sun 24/3 @ 3:05pm) - Loss
Rd 7: Home vs Rebels (Sat 30/3 @ 6:45pm) - Loss
Rd 8: Home vs Stormers (Fri 5/4 @ 7:00pm) - Win
Rd 9: Away vs Bulls (Sun 14/4 @ 1:15am) - Loss
Rd 10: Away vs Sharks (Fri 19/4 @ 11:05pm) - Loss
Rd 11: Bye - No negative press during this week so can count this one as a win.
Rd 12: Home vs Sunwolves (Fri 3/5 @ 7:45pm) - Win
Rd 13: Away vs Rebels (Fri 10/5 @ 7:45pm) - Loss
Rd 14: Home vs Waratahs (Sat 18/5 @ 7:45pm) - Win
Rd 15: Away vs Chiefs (Fri 24/5 @ 5:35pm) - Loss
Rd 16: Home vs Jaguares (Sat 1/6 @ 7:45pm) - Win
Rd 17: Home vs Blues (Fri 7/6 @ 7:45pm) - Loss
Rd 18: Away vs Brumbies (Sat 15/6 @ 7:45pm) - Loss

So I reckon 1 less win than last year, another cocaine scandal, another year where we are told that we are "rebuilding" and a massive financial loss that this time cannot be paid out.

2 years until the reds are no more.

dru

Tim Horan (67)
So I reckon 1 less win than last year, another cocaine scandal, another year where we are told that we are "rebuilding" and a massive financial loss that this time cannot be paid out.

2 years until the reds are no more.

What a take, Gel. I've gradually been practicing optimism wrt the Reds but a post like yours brings reality back.

I'd love to call your "scandal" a matter of sarcasm, but my concern is that unchallenged puritanism kind of leads to any issue that blows up quickly being public and out of hand.

I think we'll surprise with an additional unexpected win or two, but there could be an unexpected loss or two as well. 2019 is not looking solidly as a finals year. 2020 perhaps. As you say - re-building. I am liking the group of kids we are building. Who knows it could be 2010 all over.

liquor box

Greg Davis (50)
Rd 1: Bye
Rd 2: Away vs Highlanders (Fri 22/2 @ 4:35pm)- Loss
Rd 3: Home vs Crusaders (Sat 2/3 @ 6:45pm)- Loss
Rd 4: Away vs Waratahs (Sat 9/3 @ 6:45pm)- Loss
Rd 5: Away vs Sunwolves (Sat 16/3 @ 2:15pm)- Win
Rd 6: Home vs Brumbies (Sun 24/3 @ 3:05pm)- Loss
Rd 7: Home vs Rebels (Sat 30/3 @ 6:45pm)- Loss
Rd 8: Home vs Stormers (Fri 5/4 @ 7:00pm)- Win
Rd 9: Away vs Bulls (Sun 14/4 @ 1:15am)- Loss
Rd 10: Away vs Sharks (Fri 19/4 @ 11:05pm)- Loss
Rd 11: Bye
Rd 12: Home vs Sunwolves (Fri 3/5 @ 7:45pm)- Win
Rd 13: Away vs Rebels (Fri 10/5 @ 7:45pm)- Loss
Rd 14: Home vs Waratahs (Sat 18/5 @ 7:45pm)- Loss
Rd 15: Away vs Chiefs (Fri 24/5 @ 5:35pm)- Loss
Rd 16: Home vs Jaguares (Sat 1/6 @ 7:45pm)- Loss
Rd 17: Home vs Blues (Fri 7/6 @ 7:45pm)- Loss
Rd 18: Away vs Brumbies (Sat 15/6 @ 7:45pm)- Loss

So for me I have three wins and maybe a few bonus points. Maybe we could snag a win at home against the Tahs and Jaguares nut I think 5 wins will be the most.

Australian COnference
1- Rebels
2- Tahs
3- Brumbies
4- Reds
5- Sunwolves

Ignoto

John Thornett (49)
Hmmm coincidence your confidence is that high just after 5pm on a Friday Sully? I know it was a warm day today and the beers tasted extra refreshing too!

liquor box

Greg Davis (50)
https://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/sp...d-from-ballymore-to-qsac-20181116-p50gk6.html

A planned friendly international between South Korea and Uzbekistan next week has been shifted from Brisbane’s Ballymore stadium to the Queensland Sports and Athletics Centre.
It is understood that the poor condition of the Ballymore pitch, at the home of Queensland rugby union, was the catalyst of the shift to the southside venue for the AFC Asian Cup warmup match.

The Socceroos had earlier abandoned plans to use Ballymore as a training venue due to the condition of the pitch, opting instead for Lions Stadium at Richlands.

Is this a concern to the Reds?

I am assuming that there would have been fees involved with hiring the ground and I would further assume that this may tarnish the reputation of Ballymore for the future.

This looks pretty bad for the QRU.

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
I don’t think the status of Ballymore should be a surprise to anyone. It really is quite decrepit.

As for the field iv no doubt the FFA would have wanted the grass mown bloody short. Plus support facilities are poor.

Fine for training but not much else.

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
As for memberships I’m the other way. Haven’t had one for a while. Relied on media accreditation and then bought the occasional tickets for the kids for a couple of matches.

I’m actually investing in membership for next year. Looking forward to it.

Happyman

Ted Thorn (20)
As for memberships I’m the other way. Haven’t had one for a while. Relied on media accreditation and then bought the occasional tickets for the kids for a couple of matches.

I’m actually investing in membership for next year. Looking forward to it.

Well done Reg

I am on the fence the level of mismanagement since 2014 has me wanting to believe but they will have to convince me.

One of the American Podcasts on the NFL I listen to put it this way you can always convince yourself that the team was only a player or two away and they have recruited well on the off season. You tend to overlook the systemic issues and then say if we had only just gotten over the hump on that game we would have been fine.

Then about five games into the next season you remember why they were rubbish last season and how they did not fix those things.

As I said I will always be a Reds supporter but they will have to prove they are worth the investment to go the Suncorp.

Rebels3

Jim Lenehan (48)
Reds will be better than last season. There is plenty to like about the young players in the team, especially that pack where I think people forget just how young the like of Rodda, Tupou, etc. are. Overall I think the Aus conference will be very close.

The Tahs will be slightly weaker with Robertson gone for a portion of the season and big TN gone. Dempsey back is a positive.

Rebels will be strong but the pack suspect at scrum time and teams that get over the ball. The squad has no player that can count pilfering as a strength

Brumbies the most balanced team, but lacking play makers that can really grab the game by the scruff of the neck.

And the reds I think are going to a nasty pack, with a play maker that can kick it into the right parts of the field.

Going to be a ripper of a season.