• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Reds 2020

TSR

Mark Ella (57)
Storm warnings for CQ. Might be a wet one. There have been a few instances of the Gladstone Rugby club getting kicked off Marley Brown oval at very short notice due to rain and it is believed that certain people in the local admin who are very staunch league people take great delight in sabotaging Union at any excuse. I wonder if/when they ring Brad Thorn up to let him know the field is off limits and he’ll need to move the game to a local high school.

Although it should be noted this is the second time the local mayor has reached into council coffers to support local union, so he is certainly doing his bit.

Edit : not that I am complaining about the rain though

PhilClinton

John Hipwell (52)
The injury happened at training whilst barefoot

Geez if thats true - what was broken glass, and enough to sever tendons, doing out around Ballymore? I guess it could be argued you should always wear shoes...

Severed tendons obviously will repair themselves but in tall timber like Woods (excuse the pun) it can take time and not heal properly depending how handled. How liable will the QRU be if he doesn't come back full strength? Loss of income etc. Seems very irresponsible depending on circumstances.

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
Geez if thats true - what was broken glass, and enough to sever tendons, doing out around Ballymore? I guess it could be argued you should always wear shoes.

Severed tendons obviously will repair themselves but in tall timber like Woods (excuse the pun) it can take time and not heal properly depending how handled. How liable will the QRU be if he doesn't come back full strength? Loss of income etc. Seems very irresponsible depending on circumstances.
Actually, not so much. Mostly, they need some help.

Dismal Pillock

Simon Poidevin (60)
woah, this seasons Reds home jersey looks a bit left field

quade1_zpsn3lzgld2.png

TSR

Mark Ella (57)
Interesting that Paenga-Amosa started in Gladstone, not Mafi.

Maybe he is going to give Mafi the start in Dalby to give them both a crack at winning the starting spot, or maybe the pecking order has changed.