1. Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Reds 2020

Discussion in 'Rugby Discussion' started by RugbyReg, May 9, 2019.

1. Derpus Simon Poidevin (60)

Profound
  2. upthereds#! Bob Davidson (42)

They also told Quade he, in their eyes, was the no.5 Flyhalf at their disposal. So 2 guys in the team they considered better, and 2 guys out in club land.
  3. Garry Owens Alan Cameron (40)

So would it not be outrageous then to present the idea that there is a certain "type" of person that they are looking for and to the extent your character is not in accord with the "type" then you are outside the "Jack Burns Circle of Trust"

When the Slipper thing went down I remember reading in an article that :

- In the early 2000's he became close / affiliated with a player on the Broncos who was a born again and had a profound influence on him

- There was also tension in his own family re : his hard line / not open for negotiation position with an in law who had some issues.
    PhilClinton likes this.
  4. Dan54 Andrew Slack (58)

Funny, after reading this and commenting earlier was back reading news on rugby and 2 things sprung out at me that I wonder if maybe these fellas may think on.
    For Rodda. https://www.stuff.co.nz/sport/rugby...is-experience-in-when-it-comes-time-to-battle,
    and for the others if they were thinking on the money. https://www.planetrugby.com/worlds-best-pieter-steph-du-toit-commits-to-the-stormers/
    See how real quality rugby players react. I think Du Toit is certainly one of the best players in the world at moment, and I think Whitelock not far off. Perhaps a lesson in the learning?
    Roberts Rugby likes this.
  5. qwerty51 George Gregan (70)

That's unbelievable for PsdT to re-sign. IMO he should be the highest paid player in the world.
    Roberts Rugby and Dan54 like this.
  6. Roberts Rugby Cyril Towers (30)

Spot on. Quality rugby players have the skill but it is more so how they manage their thought process and deliver their actions. That’s the difference between mediocre and great.
  7. RugbyReg George Smith (75)

Hockings was starting lock in the last game - a 40 point win over the Bulls.

In form he's in the 15.
  8. dru Simon Poidevin (60)

We need a new apprentice 10 in a hurry. Anyone come to mind?
  9. Jimmy_Crouch Arch Winning (36)

Gordon.
    RugbyReg, The Nomad, Adam84 and 2 others like this.
  10. eastman Ted Thorn (20)

Just sign Sam Greene
  11. Roberts Rugby Cyril Towers (30)

More of a ‘no shit’ type of coach.
    Purce likes this.
  12. Roberts Rugby Cyril Towers (30)

Was he is the Aus Schoolboys last year? Don’t recall if he was.
  13. Roberts Rugby Cyril Towers (30)

On 9 News just now, it looks like Picone is starting legal action saying the ‘Picone 3’ were wrongfully stood down. What a twot. It’s fair to say he has no regard for rugby in Australia.
  14. Up the Guts Paul McLean (56)

It would be well worth you guys trying to get Pasitoa back to QLD. He’s behind Lolesio and Kuenzle at the Brumbies so I’m pretty sure he’d be open to coming back. He’s got a bit of size compared to some of the other tens going around (although Kuenzle is tall) and can make a hit.
    The Nomad and Getwithme like this.
  15. The torpedo Peter Fenwicke (45)

Wonder if the reds will start telling players to stay away from Picone?

Far out he is a right dickhead
    Getwithme likes this.
  16. The torpedo Peter Fenwicke (45)

I say next reds home game we all start chanting 'Picone's a wanker' :p
    Hound and Getwithme like this.
  17. Purce Alfred Walker (16)

I cannot understand Rodda's decision. Starting player, good salary, improving team and building his game well under the coaching setup. It stinks like sour grapes to me, I hope I am wrong on that.

Lucas I can understand. Good player but with Gordon emerging I think he will struggle to make the game day 23. I'm all for him heading to the Tahs where he should be a consistent starter in the team, get game time and build experience.

Hockings is a rare breed. Whatever happens we need to get him back in a couple years. He is a grounded genuine kid and comes from a family exactly the same. I doubt there would be any malice in his intentions. Contract(peanuts) up this year so his makes the most sense to me. Have heard from people I consider highly reliable that there is concern about his young body and the physicality of super rugby. The likely reason would be to head to japan and play for a few years whilst he builds his body. I'd be happy for him to go and build his power and weight up there in a slightly less physically demanding competition. That would be a smart move. Would be earning 5 times what he is currently on at the Reds.

I'm any situation what I find interesting that we can lose 3 quality players and still field a very good 23. Reds have built a great squad over the past couple of years.
  18. dru Simon Poidevin (60)

Lucas had his hands all over that no 10 jersey. The Red alternatives were both mentors which gave him a method of sliding into the role before expectations grew too hard.

I dont see why he would displace Will Harrison in the same sort of apprentice role. Nor over Lolesio. And not over Deegan in a hurry.

Lucas' shot was the Reds - an opportunity that I had thought was a slam dunk.
    Purce likes this.
  19. liquor box Ken Catchpole (46)

I guess his role is not to have regard to RA, but to his clients. (that being said, without RA he wouldn't have clients).
  20. Tomikin Paul McLean (56)

Pasitoa played more the Kuenzle this season, his getting game time why would he go back to the Red's specially with Gordan waiting in the wings and O'Connor till then..