1. Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Reds 2020

Discussion in 'Rugby Discussion' started by RugbyReg, May 9, 2019.

1. Bobby Sands Peter Johnson (47)

What a disingenuous post. Good for you.

(He played there to make room for Skelton, because 140kgs, and has almost exclusively played lock at international level. But well done on your primary school level caveats - it's very clever, did you study law?)

Sanity prevails however, and he should almost never play 6 again, so play whatever made up game of logic you want.
  2. Bobby Sands Peter Johnson (47)

Playing him between both positions helps no-one, especially him.

He has much more upside at lock, and it's the position we have the least depth in. He also has incredibly obvious shortfall's in his game playing in wider channels.

Pretty clear to me, can't be bothered debating anyone. Please don't quote me.

Jimmy_Crouch likes this.
  3. upthereds#! Dick Tooth (41)

Such a cry baby.

Before your next unnecessary rant, you should check which positions Lawes played in during the 4 games of the 2020 6 Nations.

I'll give you a hint. It wasn't lock.

* I am thankful LSL is playing lock and believe he should play there.
  4. Bobby Sands Peter Johnson (47)

Thanks for your negligible contribution.

So to be clear here, even though you agreed with me (and more importantly the direction of the Reds, as that's where he is playing) you thought it added to the discourse to make mention of some obtuse, disingenuous bizarro narrative - which holds no water in reality?

Make it pretty easy to make your posts invisible. Thanks mate.
  5. Adam84 Chilla Wilson (44)

I dont understand the overreaction to the comment about Courtney Lawes, it was a valid post, didn’t deserve the condescending reply it received.
  6. Brumby Runner John Eales (66)

My recollection is that Fardy played 6 from the start at the Brumbies. I recall talking with Laurie Fisher in Scott's first season and predicting he would take the award for best player later that year, but Laurie pointed out that he was an injury replacement and wouldn't be eligible to enough games to get that award (as was the case with replacements in those days). I think Scott actually did go on to win the award either that year or not long after.

IMO he was always a 6 who played lock when needed.
    dru and Eyes and Ears like this.
  7. Brumby Runner John Eales (66)

Off topic, I apologise.
  8. Plugger Frank Row (1)

I don't understand how Skelton got mentioned :D One plays for Northampton the other Saracens

Bobby Sands likes this.
  9. upthereds#! Dick Tooth (41)

BS with his BS.
  10. liquor box Ken Catchpole (46)

when the reserve comes on and is under pressure they always seem to throw a long ball.

Why not switch it up and throw to the front quickly, I realise this give possession closer to the sideline that can be bad, but at least you have the ball. A quick throw to the front is not used enough and is usually successful and would allow the reserve to get into the game.
    Up the Guts and Jimmy_Crouch like this.
  11. Roberts Rugby Dave Cowper (27)

Who picks these teams? Tate was easily the best half back.

Attached Files:

12. Dean Moriarty Sydney Middleton (9)

Aren’t you the one who is suggesting that the experts / coaches / selectors always get it right ?
  13. wamberal David Codey (61)

Absolutely agree. Any donkey can win a lineout at the front (my favourite!).
    Hound likes this.
  14. Roberts Rugby Dave Cowper (27)

Mate, I don’t know where you pulled that from. If that was the case, our Reds would be the top Aussie team in the conference. We breed more top talent in QLD only for other states and countries to swoop in and take some of our top talent.
    SouthernX and Hound like this.
  15. liquor box Ken Catchpole (46)

100% success on the weekend too.

I secretly hoped that the Reds read my post!
    Hound and wamberal like this.
  16. molman Arch Winning (36)

I hear that mentioned a lot, the talent coming out of the Queensland nursery and anecdotally it does seem to hold some truth but is it actually empirically true that more top talent is coming from Queensland? Has anyone actually sat down and looked? otherwise I'm not sure we can bandied it around as fact. If it is indeed fact, then the question for other states would be why and what they can learn from it.
    Roberts Rugby likes this.
  17. RugbyReg George Smith (75)

give me a definition of 'come from QLD' and I'll have a look at it.

I have seen this before. QLDplayers.jpg
    Roberts Rugby, Ignoto and PhilClinton like this.
  18. Braveheart81 Rocky Elsom (76)

I think it's fair to say that in the last couple of years that Queensland has outdone NSW with the top under 20s talent that has come through.

NSW and Qld certainly make up the bulk of the players entering the professional ranks.
    Roberts Rugby likes this.
  19. wamberal David Codey (61)

Oh dear, Reg. That'll upset a few people.
    Ignoto, PhilClinton and RugbyReg like this.
  20. PhilClinton Charlie Fox (21)

I love how Rugba Leeg is it's own category.

Lots of those more recent leaguies were QLD as well - Rogers, Sailor, Tuquiri, Folau, Hunt