• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Reds 2020

emuarse

Desmond Connor (43)
Sorry for the off topic post but I didn't want to start a new thread and couldn't find another appropriate place to ask.

I'm wanting to head to the Brisbane City v Fiji Drua NRC match at GPS this weekend but I can't find any details about it online (tickets (if any), kick off times etc.).

Anyone point me in the right direction?

Kick off starts at 3pm Saturday at GPS Yoko Road, Ashgrove

Adam84

Nick Farr-Jones (63)
After announcing a raft of long-term signings in the past fortnight, making their home-grown strategy clear, the Reds have also handed chances to a handful of youngsters for 2020, including Sean Farrell, Carter Gordon, Tom Kibble and Junior Wallabies Josh Nasser and Michael Wood

Not among them is halfback James Tuttle, who has been cut after rupturing his achilles twice in the past 18 months, with Scott Malolua, who made his Super Rugby debut last season, getting the nod to join Moses Sorovi in the battle to back up Wallaby-in-waiting Tate McDermott.

The Reds have signed just three players from "outside the tent", adding experience with O'Connor and former Brumby and Wallabies winger Henry Speight, while Fijian back-rower Seru Uru has been signed until 2021 after an impressive season with Easts in Queensland Premier Rugby

Forwards: Angus Blyth (Bon University), Sean Farrell (souths), Feao Fotuaika (Souths), Harry Hockings (University of Queensland), Harry Hoopert (Brothers), Tom Kibble (GPS), Alex Mafi (Bond Uni), Fraser McReight (Brothers), Josh Nasser (UQ), Brandon Paenga-Amosa (Sunnybank), Izack Roddda (Easts), Lukhan Salakaia-Loto (Souths), Angus Scott-Young (UQ), JP Smith (GPS), Ruan Smith (GPS), Taniela Tupou (Brothers), Seru Uru (Easts), Harry Wilson (Brothers), Michael Wood (Brothers), Liam Wright (Easts).

Backs: Jock Campbell (UQ), Filipo Daugunu (Wests), Chris Feauai-Sautia (Souths), Carter Gordon (Wests), Jack Hardy (Easts), Bryce Hegarty (GPS), isaac Lucas (Sunnybank), Scott Malolua (Souths), Tate McDermott (UQ), James O'Connor (Brothers), Jordan Petaia (Wests), Moses Sorovi (Wests), Henry Speight (TBC), Hamish Stewart (Bond).

www.rugby.com.au:443/News/2019/08/27/super-rugby-reds-squad-2020

Adam84

Nick Farr-Jones (63)
My opinion on the squad is maybe one too many backrowers, would have preferred an outside back ahead of Seru Urdu... admittedly I haven’t see him play besides highlight reels though. Really disappointing for Tuttle, injuries are a real bitch.

Gone from 2019:
Eaddie, Luka, Ma’afu, Timu, Kerevi, Naivaalu, Korczyk, Tela, Higginbotham, Paia’aua, Toua, McGahan, Tuttle

upthereds#!

Ken Catchpole (46)
Development Contracts up for grabs from NRC. Hopefully a promising outside back there.

I'd expect to see Hooker, Prop, Lock, Centre & Wing in development.

Bit surprised to see Development Players - who have not played for the Reds at all, already get promoted based on....not much. (Gordon, Kibble, Wood)

Adam84

Nick Farr-Jones (63)
I’m not surprised Kibble, Wood and Gordon were signed after what I’ve seen of them the past 18months, yes it’s based on a lot of potential, but they’ve certainly displayed it through QPR/U20s/NRC. I did think Wood would get picked up by another Super Rugby team given the number of locks/backrowers in the reds though.

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Interestingly the Reds release describes Farrell, Gordon, Kibble, Nasser and Wood having Wider Training Squad contracts with only Lucas, from last year's Developing Squad, being in the contracted playing squad.

SouthernX

Peter Johnson (47)

Bit surprised to see Development Players - who have not played for the Reds at all, already get promoted based on..not much. (Gordon, Kibble, Wood)

This is a horrible take upthereds...

You don’t want to keep continue developing “teenagers”

Kibble and Gordon were household names in QPR and Michael Wood was a talked about prospect from U20’s.

Just because they are not playing super rugby YET! You don’t think they are deserving?

SouthernX

Peter Johnson (47)
Interestingly the Reds release describes Farrell, Gordon, Kibble, Nasser and Wood having Wider Training Squad contracts with only Lucas, from last year's Developing Squad, being in the contracted playing squad.

The rugby AU article said Kibble and Gordon have been elevated to main squad.

Ignoto

John Thornett (49)
The rugby AU article said Kibble and Gordon have been elevated to main squad.

Last season’s Developing Squad players Sean Farrell, Carter Gordon, Tom Kibble, Josh Nasser and Michael Wood have all been promoted into the Reds Wider Training Squad, while exciting utility back Isaac Lucas is now a part of Queensland’s contracted playing squad.

I'd trust the horses mouth - https://mailchi.MP (Moana Pasifika)...IfU4nz_oLAb0zC7shBv2IDecDzbqfK7rBhQ0hVY6993NQ

PhilClinton

John Hipwell (52)
I know it was mentioned on the NRC thread but what has happened to Gicquel? I personally prefer him over Kibble and he's missed out on NRC spot and a Reds training spot. Surely that means he has gone overseas or elsewhere?

upthereds#!

Ken Catchpole (46)
This is a horrible take upthereds.

You don’t want to keep continue developing “teenagers”

Kibble and Gordon were household names in QPR and Michael Wood was a talked about prospect from U20’s.

Just because they are not playing super rugby YET! You don’t think they are deserving?

Well turns out I was on the right track anyway - They have been promoted to Wider Training Squad, not the Contracted Squad, except for Lucas (deservedly so, after taking his chances and doing well ----- for the Reds.)

It's how it should be with all players on a pathway. Those youngsters will hopefully get a chance to play for the Reds whilst in the WTS and if they do well, then like Lucas, they will get their Main contract eventually.

B

Bobby Sands

Sean O’Farrell over Ma’Afu?

I thought Ma’Afu was a rugby god?

Third hookers are changing every year (which I don’t mind to be truthful).