• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Reds 2020

Finsbury Girl

Trevor Allan (34)
Unfortunately Kibble is not even the best 7 at his own club and now is jammed between some exceptional open side flankers coming through in McReight and Will Roach.

Not of a hell of lot between Matty Gicquell & Kibble. I agree McReight is in another league, however Kibble friggin immense for jeeps. Deserves his spot 100%.

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Do we have many options for Local Talent at THP? It's still a professional Team and thus there are expectations to perform. If we can't find a decent THP here, then we need one from somewhere else.

I mean local as Australian rather than going off-shore. I'd take Jake Simeon ahead of the QLD NRC props, probably. There's a few options out west too

PhilClinton

Geoff Shaw (53)
There are a number of local Brissy props playing at a professional level internationally:

Paul Alo-Emile, Phil Kite, Jack Straker and Albert Anae to name a few, I'm sure there are others.

Most of those guys have had some involvement with the Reds over the last few years and are all 30 years old or younger.

B

Bobby Sands

It would be great to get Paul home, it was always a sad day to lose him at the time.

The bloke is literally built to play scrum.

Jimmy_Crouch

Ken Catchpole (46)
There are a number of local Brissy props playing at a professional level internationally:

Paul Alo-Emile, Phil Kite, Jack Straker and Albert Anae to name a few, I'm sure there are others.

Most of those guys have had some involvement with the Reds over the last few years and are all 30 years old or younger.

Paul Alo-Emile (Samoa) and Phil Kite (Tonga) are internationally capped. Need to look elsewhere.

PhilClinton

Geoff Shaw (53)
I thought we just established teams were allowed to have international capped players? But only a few. What was the go when Braid was playing for us years ago?

Jimmy_Crouch

Ken Catchpole (46)
I thought we just established teams were allowed to have international capped players? But only a few. What was the go when Braid was playing for us years ago?

The rules have changed many times over the years however since the Force were cut they have tried to push all imports out (until the Rebels signed Frank Lomani for next season).

SouthernX

Peter Johnson (47)
So Filipino Daugunu would be our international import?

He must be close to becoming Australian. Been here in Brisbane playing since 2017... I figure he is on wallabies radar because he could of easily stepped in to represent Fiji at this years World Cup.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
So Filipino Daugunu would be our international import?

He must be close to becoming Australian. Been here in Brisbane playing since 2017. I figure he is on wallabies radar because he could of easily stepped in to represent Fiji at this years World Cup.

Would they have picked him even if he had made himself available for Fiji? Seems unlikely given the outside backs talent they have.

If Daugunu has never been capped for anyone I don't think he counts as an international import.

PhilClinton

Geoff Shaw (53)
Actually Scott Malolua was injured playing in his test match debut for Samoa and was in line for the World Cup. That would give him one international cap.

I wonder if it means he will be released by the Reds, was he named in current squad?

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Without knowing the rules specifically, Maloula was contracted before he was capped so his contract with the Reds remains. But don't expect him to last longer than that.

Daugunu was signed on an international development contract (basically a player with the intention of becoming Wallaby eligible). I don't believe RA are doing these anymore?

Happyman

Ted Thorn (20)
Without knowing the rules specifically, Maloula was contracted before he was capped so his contract with the Reds remains. But don't expect him to last longer than that.

Daugunu was signed on an international development contract (basically a player with the intention of becoming Wallaby eligible). I don't believe RA are doing these anymore?

I would expect Scott M to be playing mostly QPR next year with Tate and Moses available. I did hear it might be for Norths not Souths though.

Adam84

Nick Farr-Jones (63)
Moses started 2019 as first choice, Tate McDermott quickly overtook him and by the season end I would have had Scott Maloula ahead of him as well. His potential trajectory seems to have plateaued since last year.

Jimmy_Crouch

Ken Catchpole (46)
Moses started 2019 as first choice, Tate McDermott quickly overtook him and by the season end I would have had Scott Maloula ahead of him as well. His potential trajectory seems to have plateaued since last year.

Moses had a poor start and lost this position. After that he struggled to get much game time sharing the role with LD at Wests. Makes it hard to play your way into form or to continue to improve.