• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Reds 2020

Adam84

Nick Farr-Jones (63)
Let’s just block each other? I get no value from your posts - I’m sure it’s mutual.

I’ll go first.

Odd, I didn’t think Farrell doesn’t looked like an overly athletic guy, if anything I thought he would struggle to adapt to the full time squad in his first year.

But block away if that’s how you feel, I won’t block though.. I enjoy reading your posts even if I disagree with some of them.

Shaker

Ron Walden (29)
Ultra humid on the coast this week. They're training at the Alleygators most of the week if anyone feels inclined to have a look.

B

Bobby Sands

BS, it'd be a mistake to block Adam, he's got some very good insights. IMO you two are some of the best Reds posters around, with exceptional knowledge & interest in the team. I rate both your opinions highly. Just ya know, could be less antagonistic.

Fair :)

Adam84

Nick Farr-Jones (63)
Wow. Can’t keep up.

“ Filipo Daugunu re-signs with St.George Queensland Reds through 2023”

Wow, thats quite impressive, i consider him one of the most exciting attacking backs in Australian rugby.

Building on previous posts, thats now 16 players signed out until at least 2022, purposely it would seem they’ve done so across all positions on the pitch. I know this is the 2020 thread, but jeez, what a squad to work with for 2021 and 2022.

Reds players signed until at least 2022:

1. Hoopert (2023)
2. Mafi (2022)
3. Tupou (2023)
4. Rodda (2023)
5. Blyth (2023)
6. LSL (Lukhan Salakaia-Loto) (2022)
7. McReight (2023)
8. Wilson (2023)
9. McDermott (2023)
10. Lucas (2023)
11. Campbell (2022)
12. Stewart (2022)
13. Petaia (2022)
14. Vunivalu (2022)
15. Daugunu (2023)

18. W. Blythe (2022)

Purce

Jim Clark (26)
Great to hear Daugunu has re-signed. Many rumors were floating about that he would be shipping off o/s after his Reds contract had expired for bigger cash. Think it says a lot about what QLD are building that plenty of these guys could be off elsewhere but are deciding to hang about.

Whilst my expectations aren't high I am VERY excited to watch the Reds next year and see how these lads develop.

Reactions: dru

SouthernX

Peter Johnson (47)
So with the Reds inking Daugunu who became a Australian resident today does that open up a marquee spot for the Reds to go out and get a overseas name?

Purce

Jim Clark (26)
So with the Reds inking Daugunu who became a Australian resident today does that open up a marquee spot for the Reds to go out and get a overseas name?

The only position would be a good experienced 10. Any age. In fact after thought perhaps one towards the end of their career with a good understanding of strategic play/kicking. Can not think of any not signed right now though. Wouldn't be bad for the young guys to learn off for a season.

B

Bobby Sands

Dave Feao, Dane Zander, Tuaina Tualima, Efi Ma'afu, Will Roach and Josh Flook were all guys training on the GC this week that I don't recall seeing on an official squad list.

Didn't spot any more on Monday but I'll be heading back out on Wednesday or Thursday and will keep an eye out for more

Of those names I am very glad Efi is still in the mix. Sean deserves his spot 100% - but Efi is an extremely good talent in his own right.

B

Bobby Sands

The only position would be a good experienced 10. Any age. In fact after thought perhaps one towards the end of their career with a good understanding of strategic play/kicking. Can not think of any not signed right now though. Wouldn't be bad for the young guys to learn off for a season.

An experienced marquee 10, not necessarily a superstar, would be a godsend.

Ignoto

John Thornett (49)

I would hope that with the Reds signing Malolua pre him being capped to Fiji, that we either get an exemption for him overall, or at least for his current contract with the Reds.