• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Reds 2021

SouthernX

Peter Johnson (47)
The David Fifita saga in the NRL is another example of where a manager has been the root cause of an issue.

Fifita left because the broncos are an embarrassment. Trying to blame the manager to justify your broncos fandom is a weird hill to die on. There’s absolutely no light at the end of the tunnel down at Red Hill.

Dctarget

John Eales (66)
Fifita left because the broncos are an embarrassment. Trying to blame the manager to justify your broncos fandom is a weird hill to die on. There’s absolutely no light at the end of the tunnel down at Red Hill.

Even more important for the Reds to have some success.

PhilClinton

John Hipwell (52)

Did you follow the story at all? Totally agree about the Broncos - but the contract negotiations were held up because Fifita didn’t want to sign a long term contract as he didn’t want his current manager who signed him when he was in high school to get a large commission as it became apparent he is a scumbag. His contract with the new management team would become valid after next season so he only wanted to sign a one year deal originally. Obviously they negotiated something behind closed doors as he now has signed for three.

I think I made a fairly constructive post about trying to get some regulations across all Australian sports to govern player managers and you came in over the top with an irrelevant comment and totally missed the point of my post.

Cancelled Account

Desmond Connor (43)
^ Immediate action is required.
Piccone has a lot to answer for. Kerevi, then the Piccone 3 and now Gordon. Knowing a bit about Gordon he’s not the type of kid who would just walk away from the Reds. I know Brothers wanted him after leaving school and his reason for going to Wests was because he played juniors there when moving from the Sunshine Coast and he wanted to be loyal to the club. This whole deal with the Rebels has a foul taste. The Rebels haven’t announced the signing so maybe the AU and QRU can intervene and get down to the truth, if this hasn’t already been done. The journos report more shit than truth. This is one player we don’t want to lose.

B

Bobby Sands

Ridiculous. There’s always light at the end of the tunnel at Red Hill because they are the most solvent club of any sport in Australia, and have better facilities than the Collingwood FC. Turning your back on Brisbane is always a strange move, and I feel it wasn’t right for him to do it on his first contract renewal. But even seeing him last night, he is on a different level to everyone at the club.

Cancelled Account

Desmond Connor (43)
Picone also did the Digby deal, and tried to get Genia to the Force on huge money in the shadows. It's telling there are no photos of Anthony Picone on the internet - the bloke is a complete grub.

https://www.couriermail.com.au/spor...l/news-story/afc80e56da846ecbe86f6c36f9a62a65

https://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/s...8fc52c636?sv=f8903a3ba0d61f240fff128c7a4d013f
The most concerning part is that the players standby him. The deals he brings these players must be substantial.

Cancelled Account

Desmond Connor (43)
09EA99F0-FB23-47CC-B29C-F6D13FD3D4FC.jpeg

On Newstar Insta page

Cancelled Account

Desmond Connor (43)
Picone’s have a few.

Hunter Paisami - just signed
Chris Feauai Sautia - contract up this year
Sean Farrell - contract up this year
Isaac Fines - no chance of the Reds getting Fines
Glen Vaihu
Noah Lolesio

SouthernX

Peter Johnson (47)
The most concerning part is that the players standby him. The deals he brings these players must be substantial.

How’s that going for Hockings and Isaac Lucas?

Couple of months on I don’t see them signed anywhere or down at their local club building more YouTube highlights

Jimmy_Crouch

Ken Catchpole (46)
I think this bloke is a complete fwit but at the end of the day it is the player that signs with him and signs the deal to move on. There has to be other voices in a players decision family/friends etc that need to take responsibility too.

PhilClinton

John Hipwell (52)
Player agents are like iPhones.

20 years ago no one really needed them. These days if you don’t have one you’ll feel left behind. They don’t really do a lot except every few years they offer you a shiny new upgrade and in exchange they take more of your money. Eventually one day you realise that you’ve been brainwashed to listen to the same company for years but by then they’ve been part of your life for so long it’s too much effort to walk away.

liquor box

Greg Davis (50)
I think this bloke is a complete fwit but at the end of the day it is the player that signs with him and signs the deal to move on. There has to be other voices in a players decision family/friends etc that need to take responsibility too.

I hate him for what has happened, but if I was a player or my three year old son was about to sign with the Reds, I would want him in my corner.

He seems to be concerned for the player above the team and this is what he gets paid to do. He could honestly say he is there for the player, not to make the Reds job easier. He is dealing with professionals who are one injury away from having no future, so attempting to set them up for life as soon as possible is not a bad idea for a manager to do.

That being said, I wish he would not deal with Reds players!