• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Reds 2021

Cancelled Account

Desmond Connor (43)
I agree that it helps JOC (James O'Connor) (and almost every other 10) to have another playmaker there, but I guess there are a couple of observations I’d make -
- JOC (James O'Connor) looks best when he runs to the line with runners in motion around him. Having any combination of Stewart, Paisami, Petaia, Vunivalu & Daugunu on the field around him should give him the options he needs.
- Paisami has been playing plenty of first receiver for the Wallabies in the last 2 tests. He has shown he does have distribution and kicking skills to complement his running game. They certainly need some refinement, but he has had some good touches
- Campbell was often used at first receiver by the Reds this year on the opposite side of the ruck to JOC (James O'Connor) and was able to generate plenty of line breaks and try assists.

At the end of the day someone will get squeezed out, baring injury, and you’d assume either Campbell or Stewart are most likely but I doubt they’ll move O’Connor from 10.
I’m quietly confident for 2021 as long as it flows on moving forward and we don’t push out players who are still developing - meaning Stewart.

Reactions: TSR

Blackadder

Desmond Connor (43)
LeE2.gif

Thorn's motivation

Dean Moriarty

Billy Sheehan (19)
With all these playmaker names being thrown around ........Issac Henry would have looked real good in an expanded Reds squad right about now. I would have had him ahead of Gordon in the first place anyway. Much better versatility and a better head for the game. Brumbies can keep Pasitoa.Henry is the one we should be looking at to bring back.

I always saw his upside as a better version of Bobby Tuttle - and that is now disrespect to Tuttle who I regard as a helluva player. The only reason I see this in Henry is his better range in versatility to cover midfield as well as both halves and 15. He is smart and has balls. Very very good player.

TSR

Mark Ella (57)
With all these playmaker names being thrown around ....Issac Henry would have looked real good in an expanded Reds squad right about now. I would have had him ahead of Gordon in the first place anyway. Much better versatility and a better head for the game. Brumbies can keep Pasitoa .Henry is the one we should be looking at to bring back.
When you say ‘The Brumbies can keep Pasitoa’ and the one ‘we’ should be looking to bring back, you know you have a Brumbies icon in the top right corner, right?

Gervais_rugbylives

Allen Oxlade (6)
Let us know if anyone sees Henry around a BCF over the next few days, and we might have an answer.

I thought after channel 9 made their announcement we might know a bit more by now, but it's kind of nice to see the squad bonding as a team and keeping out of the headlines a bit.

Dean Moriarty

Billy Sheehan (19)
When you say ‘The Brumbies can keep Pasitoa’ and the one ‘we’ should be looking to bring back, you know you have a Brumbies icon in the top right corner, right?
Yes , I see what you did there.

Hey , I can admire the Brumbies as an organisation and their style of Rugby (and I do) without relinquishing my inherent Queenslandernessness

Cancelled Account

Desmond Connor (43)
Let us know if anyone sees Henry around a BCF over the next few days, and we might have an answer.

I thought after channel 9 made their announcement we might know a bit more by now, but it's kind of nice to see the squad bonding as a team and keeping out of the headlines a bit.
What you are really saying is Isaac Henry is signed for 2021, presumably in the wider squad, but you’re just waiting for the announcement. I did hear rumours he wanted to come home to Brisbane, and with the recent posts it seems that has happened.
If the Reds coaching team can get Paisami to the starting Wallabies team, I think there is hope for Henry to further himself this year at the Reds. I always liked the combination of Henry and Paisami at club level. Henry’s goal kicking is immense and one of the areas we need improvement. I wonder if he is the potential solution to flyhalf crisis for 2022. Let’s see what the kid can do.

Reactions: TSR

Tomikin

Simon Poidevin (60)
What you are really saying is Isaac Henry is signed for 2021, presumably in the wider squad, but you’re just waiting for the announcement. I did hear rumours he wanted to come home to Brisbane, and with the recent posts it seems that has happened.
If the Reds coaching team can get Paisami to the starting Wallabies team, I think there is hope for Henry to further himself this year at the Reds. I always liked the combination of Henry and Paisami at club level. Henry’s goal kicking is immense and one of the areas we need improvement. I wonder if he is the potential solution to flyhalf crisis for 2022. Let’s see what the kid can do.

Would you look at him taking Hegarty's roll for 2021 to see what his got, or is he not there yet.

Gervais_rugbylives

Allen Oxlade (6)

I actually don't know if he is, but like you I have heard some talk about him being here. It was more of a joke, but I do rate the kid, and I know he is up around 93kgs. A season training with the Brumbies can't have hurt him, and he has a brain on top of his shoulders.

Cancelled Account

Desmond Connor (43)
Would you look at him taking Hegarty's roll for 2021 to see what his got, or is he not there yet.
I haven’t seen Henry play since 2019 and can’t comment on his development, other than he didn’t impress the coaches at the Brumbies enough to elevate him above Noah, Bailey or Reesjan. In saying that he’s obviously not at the level of Super Rugby to replace Hegarty.

Dean Moriarty

Billy Sheehan (19)
What type of additional opportunities did the other two have over Henry exactly ? I agree it’s hard to get an inside look from up here but no one really knows what happened in and around what has been a very disruptive year and possible injuries.

Ignoto

John Thornett (49)
Yes , I see what you did there.

Hey , I can admire the Brumbies as an organisation and their style of Rugby (and I do) without relinquishing my inherent Queenslandernessness

It'd be interesting to note if you still hold the Brumbies backroom in such high regard after reading the infamous KPMG report?