• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Reds v Blues, Round 11 2013, Attack of the Attack?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Penguin

John Solomon (38)
How is he in good form? He has hands like feet and is a defensive liability. He is no doubt very quick but that is the extent of it. A couple of times on the weekend he caught the ball from kicks and dropped it as he was hit by the defenders, luckily from the Reds the ball went backwards. And the try he should have scored was a huge mistake. It's the difference between winning games and loosing (or drawing in this case).

From what I saw that dropped ball over the try line was due to a great covering tackle, not really a lot more he could have done imo. He's making a lot of metres & making breaks & scoring tries. What a winger should be doing.
Though him or Shipperly would make me happy.

Scrubber2050

Mark Ella (57)
Only crack in the Reds IMO is possibily Horwill as captain.
Love the guy - is tough, uncompromising, passiionate, true Qlder etc etc but he does make some errors that he shouldn't
and I'm still pissed off he didn't take a couple of 'give me" penalty kicks when on offer. Score a try and you go from zero to hero - don't score it and you look like a mug.
Know it is his call but that call evidently conflicted with that of the coach.
a big part of captaincy is being able to talk WITH the referee like Mowen did last week or Ritchie Mc (or Sean Fitzpatrick) which can be subtlely persuavive

Sully

Tim Horan (67)
Staff member
seriously? Horwill is the best Captain we've had for years, And the softer members of our fan base want to pussyfoot around because apparently he's too hard, too excited. Too bad!

It's times like these I like to quote the family motto

Indurandis usque Reginae.

and get on with it.

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T using Tapatalk HD

No4918

John Hipwell (52)
seriously? Horwill is the best Captain we've had for years, And the softer members of our fan base want to pussyfoot around because apparently he's too hard, too excited. Too bad!

It's times like these I like to quote the family motto

Indurandis usque Reginae.

and get on with it.

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T using Tapatalk HD

Toughen up the queen?

spikhaza

John Solomon (38)
I'm in favour of a zero penalties approach. Fuck them. It's not the world cup final, if we lose we have the next game to get it. Penalties suck shit and I want to get closer to the line and score meat pies. There should just be more people binned.

I love nothing more than when quade has the ball and horwill tells him to go sideline. Fire's me up, fires the rest of the crowd up and makes it exciting

Beer Baron

Phil Hardcastle (33)
There is
also something to be said of the huge confidence/moral booster that is saying no to the shot at goal, and "i think we'll just score instead"

Obviously this is a double edged sword....

Richo

John Thornett (49)
The other view is that penalties can put a team on the back foot and increase the chance to score tries later in the game.

Scoey

Tony Shaw (54)
That's what makes it so interesting and why we're still discussing it days later. :) These sorts of decisions at different times during the game give us an insight into the minds of the players. :)

emuarse

Desmond Connor (43)
That's what makes it so interesting and why we're still discussing it days later. :) These sorts of decisions at different times during the game give us an insight into the minds of the players. :)

Insight into a player's mind just before full time:
%%&(*$$$$$^(*^&^^&78$%&8zzzzzz&9&6&(_+$56&&7fuckit

Scrubber2050

Mark Ella (57)
Waffle waffle and waffle - the name of the game is WINNING.
Win beautiful, win ugly but winning keeps the fans. Winning, playing fabulous running rugby will bring more and more fans, however
if your team trys to play exciting, high risk rugby and loses every week you will end up with fuck all crowd attending and supporting the team.
Maybe some of the Posters here would advocate getting rid of penalty kicks altogether so that a team is forced to attempt scoring a try. - crap

I'm not saying that at certain times we shouldn't go for a try and not the kick but when the points are guaranteed (from in front) and the game is in the balance then it is a shit decision not to tick over the board. Something about percentages

Bullrush

John Hipwell (52)
I'm in favour of a zero penalties approach. Fuck them. It's not the world cup final, if we lose we have the next game to get it. Penalties suck shit and I want to get closer to the line and score meat pies. There should just be more people binned.

I love nothing more than when quade has the ball and horwill tells him to go sideline. Fire's me up, fires the rest of the crowd up and makes it exciting

How fired up do you get over a draw?

Jets

Paul McLean (56)
Staff member
This game is 2 v 4 on the ladder. The Blues sit in second spot due to the fact they are top of the NZ conference.

Scoey

Tony Shaw (54)

Are you somehow related to biggsy? ;) Love it!

Status
Not open for further replies.