• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Reds v Brumbies - Super Rugby Round 7 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.
P

Paradox

The Brumbies were always going to suffer from "dumb" losses and missed opportunities this year with their inexperience. You just have to be clinical at this level. Thought the Brumby pigs finished on top of their opposites but it was too late after the first half breakdown dominance by the Reds.

redstragic

Alan Cameron (40)
What he's done the last two seasons has actually worked. Most other things they've tried have not.

Broadcasting the pissweak world dancers around the stadium just weirds people out, and the start of this game deserved a lot more crowd involvement than it got.

The Volvo stuff is very lame. McDonald's promo was terrible.

Also, it was better last year when the teams ran out near my seats!

I just like the dude. He is a fan of the reds and it comes through and they do carry on with lame shit this year, the volvo thing and that McDonald's thing are excruciating to sit though.

Scotty

David Codey (61)
No expert but I think that still counts as a ruck.

Unless it was never a ruck to start with. Ie tackler got up to contest the ball and was cleaned out before a ruck actually formed, the the attacking team formed up protection over the ball with no defenders involved? I suspect that there would be no offside line and the defenders should be able to run around and get the ball. Not that any ref would let this happen.

W

What2040

what a great article and yers Holmes is terrific for the Reds - seems to be one of those blokes that maintains a loyalty, spirit and solidarity to a team - his team. I heard a while back that he won;'t play for another franchise. Once he's done then he's off fishing up north.

Am firmly of the belief that in the professional era blokes like Holmes are a rare breed

W

What2040

Just got to work and read a few comments of posters.

Lane was the best 10 since Quade - missed a tackle or 2 but was incisive and gave some direction to the backs - grew in confidence as the game progressed.
Daley adequately scrummed against Palmer (the blue between them was even) and effective around the paddock, Holmes also dominated in scrums, Slipper dominated Alexander except once when Benny A bored in - Alexander keep putting hand a couple of times on the ground but ref failed to ping him), Horwill stepped up as captain, Genia was better (but still not as he was - Quade must be an essential part of Will's game), Hansen didn't hurt his chances of being Moores understudy in coming Wallaby games, Robinson and Gill experiment successful (except Gill having a 10 min rest). Simmo better than previous games.

Overall the Reds seemed to step it up a notch across the paddock which was satisfying to me. With the bye this weekend and a few coming back the week after they are probably reasonably positioned to move forward in the second half of the comp.

Schadenfreude

John Solomon (38)
I've just figured out - the stupid kicking and crap chasing was actually a strategy idea. They never chased the ball into the 22, and gave them time to kick it out.

That's not going to work all the time, but it's at least creative.

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
Rh I didn't think they have anything more than what we see. In HD of course. Wouldn't it be great to get George Ayoub on a podcast. Or 10 questions like we did with Link.
Will he have to go upstairs and check each question with Lyndon Bray, or will he press the wrong button and black the whole Podcast out?

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
You think they are recording in a higher resolution than HD?

Curiouser and curiouser.
Hmm, yeah. One would think the definition he sees is limited by the recorded image from the broadcaster, and the TMO's degree of myopia or presbyopia, not Super-Nano-Anti-Pixellated Supra-High-Intensity-Freezeframe-TV.*

*SNAP SHIFT

RedsHappy

Tony Shaw (54)
The recordings are in HD, there is no higher delivered resolution at sports grounds, to my knowledge anyway.

BUT, the difference in acuity for such purposes as detecting overlapping lines or images, especially in fast motion from multiple camera angles, can be massively enhanced by the use of superior screens with, for example, higher resolution and pixel density, and further when combined with hardware and software that can really freeze a single frame properly, then move to another one, with no blurring or artifacts arising from the freeze process itself.

A crude example, compare the same
well shot, sharp HD sports video file on all three generations of iPad. You'll notice significant increases in acuity and observable detail resolution with each generation, especially on the new iPad3, with it's much higher pixel density. The same will be true of the difference between a 'home suitable' 27" HD TV and an 27" HD screen used by a graphic designer or architect, the viewing quality differences are significant when comparing the same material very precisely.

It's not only the raw material, but the quality of the viewing and image management technologies that can make a real difference to assessing the apparent or otherwise simultaneity of Higgers' arm touch and ball touch, etc.

mudskipper

Colin Windon (37)
LI-art-wd-try_20120407212936112906-420x0.jpg

Were the Brumbies robbed on friday night? Higginbothom looks well out here gents...

The Sunday Canberra Times has obtained proof TMO George Ayoub made the wrong decision when he awarded Scott Higginbotham the opening try for the Reds in their 20-13 win on Friday night.

Higginbotham's left elbow is clearly out before he gets the ball down, but Ayoub gave referee Steve Walsh the all-clear to award the five-pointer.

Sam Lane then converted the try to give the Reds a seven-point lead in the 24th minute.

SANZAR referees boss Lyndon Bray did not return calls yesterday.

The Brumbies are privately fuming and perplexed at how Ayoub awarded the try.
The try gave the Reds momentum and had it not been given, scores would have been level at full-time.

Read more: http://www.canberratimes.com.au/rugby-union/union-news/were-the-brumbies-robbed-on-friday-20120407-1wipg.html#ixzz1riEXbdcM

Status
Not open for further replies.