• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Reds v Brumbies - Super Rugby Round 7 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ruggo

Mark Ella (57)
I'm coming up and just so Reds fans know I'm 3/3 at Suncorp when supporting the Brumbies.

Reds are in trouble then...

But I do hope for Australian Rugbys sake they can put in a good performance after a lean few weeks.
I am none from five on my annual Reds vs Brumbies sojurn and sadly I will be there on Friday night. They say nothing lasts forever right?

Tangawizi

Peter Fenwicke (45)
Even though it's Good Friday, if the Reds win I hope they play Prince's "1999" over the sound system in the stadium....

It's been a long time between home wins over the Brumbies.

biggsy

Chilla Wilson (44)
Genia could most likely playing 10 this weekend, if this is true I hope we he doesn't get the 2012 Reds No. 10 curse and fuck his knee.

biggsy

Chilla Wilson (44)
Genia at flyhalf, if it comes to pass, would be Link's worse move as coach. He's shown in his cameo's there in S.A. that as a flyhalf he makes a very very good scrum half. Don't do it Link!

This was mentioned through the media, so it most likely rubbish.
Your right as it will be a bad move. Genia needs to be there around the scrum and ruck and hopefully the forwards listen to him this weekend.

The Red Baron

Chilla Wilson (44)
Caxton Restaurant will be open before the game but not the general pub area. And it will be completely shut after the match.

For those interested, here's a link to the actual rules around it & sadly handing over a Freddo Frog with every beer won't get around them.

http://www.olgr.qld.gov.au/resources/liquorDocs/FactSheet-EasterTradingHours.pdf

I always have to giggle at the regulations regarding Easter trading hours. The definition they give for what constitutes a meal is very narrow.

What if I eat my Freddo Frog with a knife and fork? And use whipped cream for a garnish?

Bowside

Peter Johnson (47)
The Caxton's not opening on gameday?

Guess that means we're downing a carton in the maccas car park then.

SuperGrover

Darby Loudon (17)
Pretty tough SFR. And they have looked better with Lilo/McCabe than To'omua/Lilo. This is bad for us and incredibly bad news for a young player.

White has been reluctant to start McCabe at 12. I wouldn't be surprised if we see a Lilo/Tomane combo with McCabe on the wing.

I actually like McCabe on the wing for the Brumbies. He is experienced enough that he goes looking for work and it almost forces Tomane to get more involved.

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
White has been reluctant to start McCabe at 12. I wouldn't be surprised if we see a Lilo/Tomane combo with McCabe on the wing.

I actually like McCabe on the wing for the Brumbies. He is experienced enough that he goes looking for work and it almost forces Tomane to get more involved.

Eh?

I think you're awfully confused SuperGrover...

McCabe played at 12 against the Chiefs and the Highlanders when Lilo was at fly half...

tigerland12

John Thornett (49)
Jake Shatz out for 1-2 weeks due to multiple concussions. Gill and Robinson will start in tandem with Higginbotham at 8

W

What2040

Brumbies bloke I fear the most is young Hooper - last few games he has been very special - probably has out-performed Gill and deserves to be No. 2 behind Pocock in Wallaby selection. Geez there is some talent coming through in that position

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Brumbies bloke I fear the most is young Hooper - last few games he has been very special - probably has out-performed Gill and deserves to be No. 2 behind Pocock in Wallaby selection. Geez there is some talent coming through in that position

But the danger for the Brumbies is that Hooper could get subbed off late in the second half for Vaea, whereas the Reds are blessed with two opensides in Robinson and Gill...

This could prove to be a weakness for the Brumbies late in the game if they're without a genuine openside, and there really has been a major difference in not only their defence at the ruck, but with their own ball security when they haven't fielded Hooper.

The Brumbies need to get the balance right by utilising Vaea's crash ball running and Hooper's workrate at the ruck...

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
If the Australian is correct, Jake might be handing the Reds a handicap by bringing Hooper off the bench...

Yeeeeeesh... o_O

biggsy

Chilla Wilson (44)
I reckon there will be alot of South African influence in this game with a heap of high kicks putting pressure on the reds backline in there 22. And we know our handles are not that crack hot.

Status
Not open for further replies.