• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Reds v Brumbies - Super Rugby Round 7 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Red Baron

Chilla Wilson (44)
Why wouldn't the Brumbies do a straight swap of Kimlin and Vaea? Leave Hooper on the field.

I reckon there will be alot of South African influence in this game with a heap of high kicks putting pressure on the reds backline in there 22. And we know our handles are not that crack hot.

I fear that also. And the way Lealiifano and Mogg are kicking, they are more than capable of getting it right. I daresay that if they do constantly put the highball up, McCabe will chase. Not to contest the catch, but to crunch whoever catches the ball.

We need to really pin them in their own half. Our security at the breakdown is going to be paramount, or the Brumbies will counter-ruck us all day long. The last thing I want to see is one of our forwards trucking it up with no one in support.

RedsHappy

Tony Shaw (54)
See The Aus is 'expecting' Lane to be announced as our 10 for Friday.

If so, shows the depth of our problems, not the depth of our depth!

tigerland12

John Thornett (49)
Why don't the Brumbies just play the backrow of
6- Mowen
7- Hooper
8- Vaea

It'd make more sense, it's not like Kimlin is needed just for line outs, Mowen is one of the best jumpers going around, plus the two locks.

T

tranquility

See The Aus is 'expecting' Lane to be announced as our 10 for Friday.

If so, shows the depth of our problems, not the depth of our depth!

What about the article on Hooper and Gill with a photo of Rob Simmons?

I am sure it is not the journalists fault, but god that is amateur.

RedsHappy

Tony Shaw (54)
What about the article on Hooper and Gill with a photo of Rob Simmons?

I am sure it is not the journalists fault, but god that is amateur.

tranq, there are huge cost pressures inside Fairfax and much of the place is a mess of staff departures and fears for more, less so at News.

I have seen rugby photo mix ups many a time in the last year or so. It's clear the priority for sports section resourcing is league and AFL.

No4918

John Hipwell (52)
Why don't the Brumbies just play the backrow of
6- Mowen
7- Hooper
8- Vaea

It'd make more sense, it's not like Kimlin is needed just for line outs, Mowen is one of the best jumpers going around, plus the two locks.

That is a very good looking backrow.

Biggsy, think you may be right about the high ball. Hopefully Toua gets given an opportunity at the back. From the looks of him in that video he is excellent under the high ball and on counter attack. Time to give him a shot.

L

laps

That is a very good looking backrow.

Biggsy, think you may be right about the high ball. Hopefully Toua gets given an opportunity at the back. From the looks of him in that video he is excellent under the high ball and on counter attack. Time to give him a shot.

Fardy and Kimlin 2nd Row, then Mowen Hooper Vea 678 please

L

laps

Also not sure where to ask this but why can't i make new posts in the Rugby Discussion forum? There is a note at the bottom of the page that says "(You have insufficient privileges to post here.)"

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Also not sure where to ask this but why can't i make new posts in the Rugby Discussion forum? There is a note at the bottom of the page that says "(You have insufficient privileges to post here.)"

you're a rookie. You need to earn our respect before coming on here and posting random threads. Foreplay before penetration.

Welcome, by the way.

brumsfan

Sydney Middleton (9)
If the article is correct and Vaea is back to 7, I believe Robinson and Gill will have a field day and steal ball all day long.
This would have to be the worst possible game to rotate and rest your only fetcher. IMO hooper is the key to brumbies turnover, slowing opposition ball and our own fast clean ball.
Vaea ran the ball very well late against the sharks, but was non existant in defense and breakdown. He is not an effective openside, and this experiment failed against the Force and Cheetahs, although wins were recorded. If he is good enough to start, it should be at 6 or 8 where his qualities are valuable and will benefit the team.
Also can't imaging hooper would be happy being rested for this match and missing the chance to start against Robinson and Gill.

L

Linebacker_41

Fuck he's talented. Gets me excited, LET HIM START haha. I can almost guarentee if he started he would stay there for the rest of the season.

Only if he doesnt suffer another injury. Toua is one of the most talented guys running around but he has had a number of serious injuries in the past few years.

L

Linebacker_41

If the article is correct and Vaea is back to 7, I believe Robinson and Gill will have a field day and steal ball all day long.
This would have to be the worst possible game to rotate and rest your only fetcher. IMO hooper is the key to brumbies turnover, slowing opposition ball and our own fast clean ball.

I think with the minimal width that the Brumbies play with that the lack of a fetcher wont affect them as much as other Australian players. One thing I dislike about White's approach is that 5 years on from RWC2007 and he is effectively running the same game plan. Having said that I cant deny that the game plan is not getting the results.

One thing about the Reds is that when they won last year they won in style, the exceptions to this was the 2 saders game and the tahs game that lacked style but had massive amounts of intensity to them.

RedsHappy

Tony Shaw (54)
I think with the minimal width that the Brumbies play with that the lack of a fetcher wont affect them as much as other Australian players. One thing I dislike about White's approach is that 5 years on from RWC2007 and he is effectively running the same game plan. Having said that I cant deny that the game plan is not getting the results.

One thing about the Reds is that when they won last year they won in style, the exceptions to this was the 2 saders game and the tahs game that lacked style but had massive amounts of intensity to them.

You're so right Lb41. And if you go back and compare how our Reds' forwards performed in all those 'lacking style' hard grafting games in 2011, with how they've fronted up and performed in S15 2012, the difference is night and day.

emuarse

Desmond Connor (43)
I'm not so sure that the Brumbies will run all over the Reds as a number of punters are predicting.
The problem for them is that they have come off three hard games where they have probably played 'out of their skins'. the latter two at home:

Week 4 Chiefs 29 v Brumbies 22
Week 5 Brumbies 33 v Highlanders 26
Week 6 Brumbies 26 v Sharks 29

I suspect that their attitude will not be the same as it has been for the previous games, especially as they will be sensing a relatively easy game after what they have been through.
Contrary to this, the Reds will be smarting after what has happened, and the Force were ready to ambush them, like they have done against the Crusaders at home in the past.
And the home ground support will definitely have a significent effect in the current circumstances.

L

Linebacker_41

You're so right Lb41. And if you go back and compare how our Reds' forwards performed in all those 'lacking style' hard grafting games in 2011, with how they've fronted up and performed in S15 2012, the difference is night and day.

Unfortunately at the moment yes there isnt anywhere near the same amount of drive and determination.

I back the Reds to bounce back though. ButI dont think that will occur until after their first bye.

L

laps

2012 Brumbies are the 2010 Reds ;)

Bunch of young up-and-comers going strong all year, lose final couple games to miss finals, only to return the following year and take the competition by storm! :)

Ghibli

Ted Thorn (20)
Reds playing with their backs to the wall, at home - they'll win.
Seen enough rugby to understand that determination goes a long way in winning a match.
If they lose, it is really nearly curtains for them, not so much for the position on the ladder, but mostly mentally.

RedsHappy

Tony Shaw (54)
2012 Brumbies are the 2010 Reds ;)

Bunch of young up-and-comers going strong all year, lose final couple games to miss finals, only to return the following year and take the competition by storm! :)

I tend to agree, on the data so far. That scenario would be fantastic for Aus rugby, so I applaud its direction and aspiration!

Status
Not open for further replies.