• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Reds v Brumbies

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Sunday arvo footy at Suncorp Stadium.

Lots of rain and storms all week (humid as buggery). At this stage it's meant to be fine on the weekend but hot (and humid as buggery).

Both teams have come off unexpected wins.

Pocock not expected back for the Brumbies. Rodda and Tupou expected back for the Reds.

We could have 80 minutes of rolling mauls people.

Dctarget

John Eales (66)
Sunday arvo, how good is that. Now I can actually do something with my Saturday nights.

Brumbies backrow to teach the Reds young ones a lesson or two. Slipper and Tupou to collide in a classic immovable object against an unstoppable force, old guard v the new.

Kerevi to run over Speight and score. Twice.

There will be two small annoying blonde scrumhalves yelling at people.

Reds by 4.

Reactions: dru

redstragic

Alan Cameron (40)

Reds by 4.

I noticed on the weekend that Lucas is quite mouthy as well, was my favorite part of his game actually. So that would be 3 small annoying halves yelling at people.

dru

Tim Horan (67)
Sunday arvo, how good is that. Now I can actually do something with my Saturday nights.

Brumbies backrow to teach the Reds young ones a lesson or two. Slipper and Tupou to collide in a classic immovable object against an unstoppable force, old guard v the new.

Kerevi to run over Speight and score. Twice.

Reds by 4.

Worth the price of entry on it's own.

Beer Baron

Phil Hardcastle (33)
I reckon there may be a Hockings Rodda start. Reds definitely losing nothing at the moment in fwds subs. Happy to see lucas and Stewart given another crack. Just need to sort out 12/13. More game time for Daugunu (spelling) to practice kick returns would be good, particularly running at an aging TK.

TSR

Mark Ella (57)
If I was going to target someone in the Brumbies backline, I’m not sure it would be TK, regardless of his age.

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Yes, my team would be:

1 JP Smith (Hoopert very close)
2 Brandon Paenga-Amosa
3 Taniela Tupou
4 Izack Rodda
5 Harry Hockings
6 Angus Scott-Young
7 Liam Wright
8 Scott Higginbotham
9 Tate McDermott
10 Isaac Lucas
11 Filipo Daugunu
12 Samu Kerevi
13 Chris Feauai-Sautia
14 Sefa Naiavalu
15 Hamish Stewart

16 Alex Mafi
17 Harry Hoopert
18 Ruan Smith
19 Lukhan Salakai-Loto
20 Caleb Timu
21 Moses Sorovi
22 Duncan Paia'aua
23 Jack Hardy

I hope we spin it wide too to put pressure on Speight and Lausi on the wing (although I guess Muirhead will come back in).

Have the Brumbies rested their Wallabies yet?

Beer Baron

Phil Hardcastle (33)
Yes, my team would be:

1 JP Smith (Hoopert very close)
2 Brandon Paenga-Amosa
23 Jack Hardy

I hope we spin it wide too to put pressure on Speight and Lausi on the wing (although I guess Muirhead will come back in).

Have the Brumbies rested their Wallabies yet?

Haven't seen a lot - but Higgers hasn't impressed me a great deal thus far. no damaging runs and not much in tight work. Would rather Timu given a chance to start

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
agree. Much prefer Timu so I guess it isn't really a "MY TEAM". I just think Higgers is entrenched now. For a week or so at least.

Scrubber2050

Mark Ella (57)
Prob a shame AAA not playing because scrum battle would have been epic. Ponies have a newbie at THP. Looking forward to the forwards battle as both backlines are pretty average. Hope Lucas can make his mark in this game.

Ignoto

John Thornett (49)
Everytime we play the Ponies I can only hope that Giteau's "I'm the fucking captain" kick is on bulk replay. 8 years later and it still pisses me off to no end!

Adam84

Nick Farr-Jones (63)
If you're going to play LSL (Lukhan Salakaia-Loto) off the bench, surely you would just rest him to tick off that box for the Wallabies

Adam84

Nick Farr-Jones (63)
At his age he probably wants to keep playing every week.

Explain that to Cheika and his staff... They’re the ones dictating that he needs to have a mandated rest

Not sure he is required to have the full rest period, given he didn't tour last year.

He is one of the players scheduled for a rest, he was going to be rested from the Sunwolves game but Rodda stayed back in Australia for his fathers funeral, so they swapped the Reds swapped Rodda and LSL (Lukhan Salakaia-Loto)’s scheduled rest periods around.

emuarse

Desmond Connor (43)
Have the Reds come back to Aussi yet.:confused:
Not a skerrick of news from the media outlets on them this week.
Its all about the Waratahs.
I'm beginning to feel that the Media outlets are becoming Sydney centric.

redstragic

Alan Cameron (40)
Piss poor planning on my part ensure that I will be watching this from my couch, we scheduled a family BBQ at our place. I've let the team down because I love the afternoon games. Hope we get a good turnout and we get more afternoon games in future.