• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Reds v Force (Brisbane) Friday 26 May 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Reds on 16 competition points (-117 pnts differential) v Force on 13 competition points (-121). Pretty damn close, with just some extra bonus points keeping the Reds further up the ladder so far.

biggsy

Chilla Wilson (44)
Concerning on how much the Reds want this win and GS saying it a must win.
Of late the pressure they put themselves under they screw it up with drop ball, stupid pushed passes and ill discipline.
Red should take this out by plenty but the force may get up only a few.
Who know what will happen.
Reds better win though.

Sully

Tim Horan (67)
Staff member
Red are scoring plenty of points but are complete dickheads when it comes to giving up points. The game is the Reds to lose

brokendown

Vay Wilson (31)
we are pretty fucked-after the shellacing from the clan,and being none the wiser at our fate-geez how can the boys get up for this?

The ARU by 50

emuarse

Desmond Connor (43)
^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^

The Reds can now actually see a chance of overtaking the Waratahs & Brumbies to the finish line if they are the masters of their own destiny.

Whereas the Force, after the shellacking they received last weekend against the Highlanders, where in the last quarter they just gave it away (a bit like the Reds last year against the Crusaders in Christchurch), combined with the threat of expulsion by the ARU, along with playing away, augers very badly for them.

So from a motivational point-of-view, the Reds have to be the outright favourites. I don't want to see the Force get dusted, but c'mon the Reds, & get the BP if you can.

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
1. Sef Fa'agase - University of Queensland
2. Stephen Moore - University of Queensland
3. Sam Talakai - Brothers
4. Rob Simmons - Sunnybank
5. Lukhan Tui - Souths
6. Hendrik Tui - Norths
7. George Smith - Brothers
8. Scott Higginbotham - Wests
9. Nick Frisby - GPS
10. Quade Cooper - Souths
11. Eto Nabuli - GPS
12. Duncan Paia'aua - Norths
13. Samu Kerevi (C) - Souths
14. Chris Kuridrani - GPS
15. Karmichael Hunt - Norths

16. Alex Mafi - Bond University
17. Kirwan Sanday - Easts
18. Taniela Tupou - Brothers
19. Izack Rodda - Easts
20. Adam Korczyk - University of Queensland
21. James Tuttle - GPS
22. Jake McIntyre - Sunnybank
23. Lachlan Maranta - Wests

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Magnay still out with concussion.

Stewart and Perese with the 20s.

I'm actually happy for Maranta to get a call up as he has been doing well at 13 for Wests in club rugby.

Simon.

Bob Loudon (25)
Reds have named McIntyre and Maranta on the bench, so the Force are definitely a chance.

Maranta's match against the Brumbies was I think the worst performance I've ever seen on a Super Rugby field. I've never seen a player so far out of their depth.

If the Force are within 2 converted tries at the 60 minute mark I'll be feeling pretty nervous.

fo!!ower

Chris McKivat (8)
Andrew Ready still out of the 23? Is he injured or just still in Stiles' bad books?

Sent from my SM-G800Y using Tapatalk

Reactions: dru

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Reds have named McIntyre and Maranta on the bench, so the Force are definitely a chance.

Maranta's match against the Brumbies was I think the worst performance I've ever seen on a Super Rugby field. I've never seen a player so far out of their depth.

If the Force are within 2 converted tries at the 60 minute mark I'll be feeling pretty nervous.

agree about your view of Maranta's Brumbies match. Terrible. I was calling on him not to be sighted in maroon / red again this year. But to his credit he has applied himself and is playing good club footy. McIntyre, perhaps less so.

Andrew Ready still out of the 23? Is he injured or just still in Stiles' bad books?

bad books. Similarly to the above, his club work has been pretty average. By all reports he lived it up large on the Barbarians tour last year (8 kgs in 10 days or so???) and has struggled to drop the weight since.

upthereds#!

Ken Catchpole (46)
Yeh pic of Ready show he's not in shape. Not compared to someone of a similar stature in Latu.

Would like to see Houston get a bench spot this game, but again I suppose it's about breakdown presence and speed around the field towards the back end of the match, especially with Hardwick and Hodgson in opposition.

dru

Tim Horan (67)
This is a team that now has enough time to have combinations that work. Most of the individuals look Soup quality in their own right. Jake and Maranta just about the only guys where you'd go "hmmm".

It's time they put it together.

Go Reds.

ShtinaTina

Alex Ross (28)
Yeh pic of Ready show he's not in shape. Not compared to someone of a similar stature in Latu.

Would like to see Houston get a bench spot this game, but again I suppose it's about breakdown presence and speed around the field towards the back end of the match, especially with Hardwick and Hodgson in opposition.

Houston has had so little game time, poor guy, he's raring to go, I think it might be something else

Sully

Tim Horan (67)
Staff member
Hoffmann, who has murdered the Force twice this year, gets to run with the Reds during the same week that he's selected to be one of the Assistant Refs for the match on Friday!????? I know he's local but not a good look!
http://www.news.com.au/sport/rugby/r.1531525d4be4da
Are you saying the Reds didn't need two sessions with him? Because I would say two isn't enough!
If the Force had asked he would have turned up there as well.

Sent from my D5833 using Tapatalk

Reactions: dru

Sully

Tim Horan (67)
Staff member
Houston has had so little game time, poor guy, he's raring to go, I think it might be something else
Player wise not seeing more of him has been my biggest disappointment. Although je hasn't done much with the minutes he's had.

Sent from my D5833 using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.