• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Reds v Force, Super Rugby Round 5, 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tangawizi

Peter Fenwicke (45)
Suncorp to welcome it's 10,000,000th patron on Sat night and they will score a great prize.

http://www.suncorpstadium.com.au/News/Be%20The%2010%20Millionth%20Patron%20at%20Suncorp%20Stadium%20This%20Saturday%20And%20Win.aspx

Suncorp Stadium will achieve another milestone when it welcomes its 10 millionth patron at the Queensland Reds v Western Force Super Rugby game this Saturday 16 March.
It is appropriate in the 10th anniversary of the Stadium’s redevelopment that this record is achieved. Over the past decade, Suncorp Stadium has hosted 359 events comprising Rugby Union, Rugby League, Football games and concerts.
With less than 10,000 patrons to go, the countdown will commence when gates open at 4.30pm on Saturday.
The 10 millionth patron will be identified when they come in through the turnstiles and will be introduced to the crowd on the field at halftime.
The lucky winner will be presented with a unique commemorative framed “Gold Ticket” plus two Suncorp Stadium memberships for all events in 2013.
In addition, the Queensland Reds will present the winner with a signed commemorative jersey to remember the occasion.

Scrubber2050

Mark Ella (57)
The Reds just seem a more professional outfit nowdays. They have a belief in themselves particularly in defence and have the ability to close out tight matches. BUT these are the types of matches that can be lost easily, if taken lightly...

Sully

Tim Horan (67)
Staff member
I have a feeling Lions games don't count on the stadium tickets. But I'm probably wrong.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

Jets

Paul McLean (56)
Staff member
Just read the fine print. Stadium membership gives you early access to tickets. They're all gone so you're correct Sully.

Penguin

John Solomon (38)
d
Digby out

Not sure is that is good for the force or not. As good as Digby is you pretty much knew what he was going to do.

That's true, but the trick is stopping him ;-)

CFS or Morahan or even Davies come to mind as replacements. What they lose with Digby they gain something different from any of those guys.

Scoey

Tony Shaw (54)
Watching that 1st video clip of back in the day, man Digby seemed a lot quicker back then before he got big. Sadly this is the way of many backs but I forgot how fast he was back then. Still seemed great in contact and busting tackles though so I'm not certain the bulk has helped him that much.

Ash

Michael Lynagh (62)
Mentioned on the Reds thread that I'd like to see Morahan replace him.

Toua has had a few chances and should now earn his way there through "A" level and club games.

CFS would be more a direct swap in terms of playing style - strong, bullocking runner, (very) limited kicking.

I'd pick Morahan - good attacking player, good boot, more of a traditional winger than CFS. Plus I think that Morahan has done enough to deserve a chance so far.

Jets

Paul McLean (56)
Staff member
The bulk helps when he's bouncing off guys in close contact, what he's best at. The biggest thing that has improved, and can still improve, is his catching and ball security.

T

tranquility

Watching that 1st video clip of back in the day, man Digby seemed a lot quicker back then before he got big. Sadly this is the way of many backs but I forgot how fast he was back then. Still seemed great in contact and busting tackles though so I'm not certain the bulk has helped him that much.

True.

But adding bulk, and losing speed is a natural development. Especially in Islanders.
Although he has lost pace, his footwork has improved out of sight.

Scrubber2050

Mark Ella (57)
Digby may have added some bulk but he is absolutely "ripped"

Normally when a Islander lad adds bulk it is the wrong type

Jets

Paul McLean (56)
Staff member
Morahan and CFS with Davies on the bench? I'd start Davies as I think lightning pace might be good against the Force, but I haven't seen him play this year so don't know his form.

Status
Not open for further replies.