• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Reds v Force, Super Rugby Round 5, 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jets

Paul McLean (56)
Staff member
I'm really looking forward to the scrum battle this week. The Reds had it over the 'Canes and the Rebels and if they can get up over the Force it will go along way towards winning the game.

I'm also looking forward to watching MMM and Cotrrell run around for the Force. Two local boys returning home and I'm sure they'll be out to impress.

Jets

Paul McLean (56)
Staff member
So backline of
9. Genia
10. Cooper
11. CFS
12. Tapuai
13. Fainga'a
14. Morahan
15. Lance

20. Lucas
21. Harris
22. Toua

Wouldn't be surprised if Link went with 5 forwards on the bench but Genia's return may make him use 3 backs.

something

Jim Clark (26)
How good! we have such great depth in the outside backs & it gives guys like Morahan and CFS who would usually be fighting for the bench spot a full game. Toua to bench as well... link might put toua at 15 and morahan on bench, but i really hope not.

I reckon Genia will come off the bench to be honest - i dont know what the go is with Lucas & Frisby.. because one of them will have to be dropped

Penguin

John Solomon (38)
So backline of
9. Genia
10. Cooper
11. CFS
12. Tapuai
13. Fainga'a
14. Morahan
15. Lance

20. Lucas
21. Harris
22. Toua

Wouldn't be surprised if Link went with 5 forwards on the bench but Genia's return may make him use 3 backs.

I reckon Frisby will be on the bench rather than Toua, he can cover wing as well.

BDA

Peter Johnson (47)
Genia back this week, Horwill next week.

This brings a smile to my face. After losing Pocock for the season, it's really nice to see two former Wallaby captains coming back from injury with plenty of time until the Lions tour...

perfect timing for the Reds too. things get pretty steep after this week. A home win against the Bulls next week would make us contenders.

BDA

Peter Johnson (47)
How good! we have such great depth in the outside backs & it gives guys like Morahan and CFS who would usually be fighting for the bench spot a full game. Toua to bench as well. link might put toua at 15 and morahan on bench, but i really hope not.

I reckon Genia will come off the bench to be honest - i dont know what the go is with Lucas & Frisby.. because one of them will have to be dropped

- I'll punch something if Morahan doesnt make the starting side and toua does.

- the Genia/Lucas/Frisby selection is a difficult one. I thought Frisby was great last week, but rounds 1 to 3 lucas was easily the better of the two. Link usually rewards strong performances so its hard to call

Forcefield

Ken Catchpole (46)
Ok. Fun quiz:

If you take all scores from all of the Force vs Reds game in Super Rugby, who would be ahead on for and against and by how much?

Closest guess wins kudos.

Scoey

Tony Shaw (54)
A lot of the Reds wins have been close affairs and that drubbing we got last year would take a bit to peg back in a For and Against tally so I wouldn't be surprised if the Force were in front.

I'll say Force by 10?

Penguin

John Solomon (38)
A lot of the Reds wins have been close affairs and that drubbing we got last year would take a bit to peg back in a For and Against tally so I wouldn't be surprised if the Force were in front.

I'll say Force by 10?

Remember the flogging at Lang Park on a bright Sunday afternoon in 2011... or was it 2010, when a Van inspired Reds took it to those
*#%!'s?
I seem to recall another large score put on them in the early Force years, but that could just be a wishful memory. Most other games have been close.

Scoey

Tony Shaw (54)
I had forgotten that one Penguin ! And I was just watching the Youtube clip at the top of this thread the other day! You maybe closer to the money then! Keen to know the answer Forcefield!!! ;)

GaffaCHinO

Peter Sullivan (51)
For and against Force by 6. 9 games played 6 games to the red 3 to the force. Biggest winning margin Reds 50-10 followed by the Force 38-3

Scrubber2050

Mark Ella (57)
Morahan and CFS - great depth out wide
Frisby on bench to cover Genia - Aiden to cover back 3 - Lucas not in 22 ?????
looks like same piggies for 4 weeks - that surely creates a good platform.
Look forward to a Genia snipe or two but to be fair to him it is first game back so everyone needs to realise that.
QC (Quade Cooper) will relish having him back on the inside
Only gets better if Horwill returns next week.

Penguin

John Solomon (38)
Lucas probably needs some time to get his shoulder right, reckon he was only on the bench last week in case of an emergency.

Forcefield

Ken Catchpole (46)
Surprisingly, Force by 23 despite only 3 wins.

The three occasions that the Force have won have been wallopings. The average margin of a Force win is 31 points. The average margin of a Reds win is 14.5 points.

Somehow I don't think the Force will score 31 points against the Reds on the weekend.

Status
Not open for further replies.