• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Reds v Force, Super Rugby Round 5, 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tangawizi

Peter Fenwicke (45)
Cummins & Wykes out for the Force. Hodgson not on the plane today either.

Going to be a good test of the Force's depth.

GaffaCHinO

Peter Sullivan (51)
Yeah Wykes has been out of form and Alcock has out played Hodgo. Cummins is a big lose but he hasnt been at his best so a rest could help. Delitt was playing really good until he was injured so he will be fine.

Team something like this

1. Pek
2. Charles
3. Falkner
4. Lynn
5. MMM
6. Gus
7. Alcock
8. Brown/McCalman

9. Alby
10. Sias
11. Mafi
12. Godwin
13. Stanley?
14. Delitt
15. Tupou

16. Whittiker (unless the Force will give Teesman his 4th game and a full contrac)
17. Maafu
18. Battye
19. Brown/McCalman
20. Snowden/Eaton
21. Haywood
22. Junior

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
What's going on with Ed Stubbs?

I'm surprised a player of his calibre can't get a run in this Force side.........

GaffaCHinO

Peter Sullivan (51)
What's going on with Ed Stubbs?

I'm surprised a player of his calibre can't get a run in this Force side...
He played in the Force A game scored a try. I would rather him at 15 and Tupou at 13 but doubt that will happen as he only just played. He was called in to the SA tour as cover for Delitt when he went down so he isnt far away.

Sent from my GT-I9300T using Tapatalk 2

Scrubber2050

Mark Ella (57)
On paper, Reds by a million but it never seems to play out that way against the Force.
It will be fairly close but Reds by 12 with an elusive bonus point, I hope

Brumbieman

Dick Tooth (41)
Force look very well drilled this year.

I really won't be surprised at all if there is an upset, Reds don't look themselves.

TheBigDog

Nev Cottrell (35)
With Genia back this week, whether or not hes back in full form (doubtful) his presence on the field adds a lot more attacking options around the ruck channels and will give Quade some confidence to play wider and faster, those factors alone will give the Reds forwards a little boost which should get them on top of a not-so-great Force pack. I can't see the Reds dropping this one.

I like to watch

David Codey (61)
Force look very well drilled this year.

I really won't be surprised at all if there is an upset, Reds don't look themselves.
It's good to be well drilled.
But it's bad that the patterns/style drilled into the squad is all about ball retention,not testing the defence.
I'm predicting that the Force will win the stats(possession,low errors,maybe even territory)but the Reds will win the game.

Troy

Jim Clark (26)
Depends which Force team turns up. If its the team that played the Kings, shouldn't rtouble the Reds to much - if it's the team that played the Bulls - then it's game on!

Troy

Jim Clark (26)
St.George Queensland Reds team to play Western Force
1. Greg Holmes
2. Saia Fainga'a
3. James Slipper (vc)
4. Ed O’Donoghue
5. Rob Simmons
6. Eddie Quirk
7. Liam Gill
8. Jake Schatz
9. Will Genia (c)
10. Quade Cooper
11. Chris Feauai-Sautia
12. Ben Tapuai
13. Anthony Fainga'a
14. Luke Morahan
15. Jono Lance
16. James Hanson
17. Albert Anae
18. Radike Samo
19. Jarrad Butler
20. Nick Frisby
21. Mike Harris
22. Aidan Toua

tigerland12

John Thornett (49)
Strong team. The right replacements were made for Ioane and Shipperely.

Bit suprised that Wallace-Harrison was selected in favour of Buttler.

Scrubber2050

Mark Ella (57)
think Schatz has made 8 his, puts in a huge effort each week, plays fairly tight, very busy (as does Quirk) which makes life easier for the rest of forwards
Good side but look forward to a better side next week when Horwill returns

Status
Not open for further replies.